IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Question for 2IS F-Sport package owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-12, 09:58 PM
Authorize
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Question for 2IS F-Sport package owners

Hello all. I have a question for owners of the 2IS with the F-Sport package. Does anyone know if the car is lowered by default? The sales manager didn't say anything about it, I was an idiot for not asking, and I doubt the service advisors would like the idea of me asking about modifying the car if the car isn't lowered. Also, will the F-Sport spring set lower the car more? Everyone's input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-08-12, 09:59 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I do know that the F Sport package doesn't come with the F Sport springs and they will lower your car a bit more.
Old 01-08-12, 10:04 PM
ISPanda
Rookie

f-sport package cars are lowered .4 in in the front. and 0 in in the rear. =)
Old 01-08-12, 10:38 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Its a very slight drop lol ...
Old 01-08-12, 11:00 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ISPanda
f-sport package cars are lowered .4 in in the front. and 0 in in the rear. =)
Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Its a very slight drop lol ...
Yes, what they said. The F-Sport package cars come with some sport package springs which aren't the same as the blue F-Sport spring set your'e talking about. The set will lower your car 1" from what I heard.
Old 01-08-12, 11:18 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

It's definitely lowered, however, I dont know the exact numbers (front/rear) but it definitely rides much stiffer than the Non-Fsport cars.
Old 01-09-12, 04:31 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

If you want a small drop. Go with the F-Sport springs. It will lower the car about a half inch from where it's at now. It's barely noticible to others but you will be able to tell. Us it won't cause any warranty issues with the dealer.
Old 01-09-12, 07:53 AM
Lexus408
Pole Position

Like everyone has mentioned it has a slight drop in the front. Nothing big. I hear H&R springs are a good way to go if you want to drop your car.
Old 01-09-12, 08:39 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

I thought F-sport pkg comes with the same springs from X-pkg and Sports pkg hence not .4" drop more like .2" front?
Old 01-09-12, 08:42 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^
Nope, that was changed with 2011+ cars. F-Sport package does not carry F-Sport accessory parts - it's more like cosmetic looks, as Kurtz has mentioned, the name is confusing.

As for the factory sport spring, it is still the same like X-pkg and Sports pkg. If one gets the F-Sport accessory spring, that is a progressive spring, so some drivers may not ike it over the factory sport spring which is linear.
Old 01-09-12, 09:16 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Hopefully this can clear things up a bit:

From 06-10 Lexus offered two factory suspensions:

The Sport suspension, which came on the X package or Sport Package cars, which had a .4 inch front drop, 0.0 inch drop rear... these springs were linear and stiffer than 'normal', the shocks matches the springs and were also stiffer than "normal"

or

The "normal" suspension, which came on everything else.

For 2011 they dropped the sport package (and the X was gone by then too)... instead they offer the F-sport package, which for some weird reason is called that even though it contains no F-sport parts, and has a lot less functional content than the old Sport Package did.

The suspension on it, despite some part # differences, SEEMS to be the same as the old "sport suspension"

Now, entirely apart from this, Lexus has offered for several years now the F-sport accessory line, which includes a set of NON linear (ie progressive, ie I'm not a fan of them) springs, and some shocks to go with them (though it's impossible to exactly, properly, match shocks to progressive springs). These springs drop the car 0.8 and 1" respectively.
Old 01-11-12, 09:13 AM
Boomin
Racer

Received 399 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Hopefully this can clear things up a bit:

From 06-10 Lexus offered two factory suspensions:

The Sport suspension, which came on the X package or Sport Package cars, which had a .4 inch front drop, 0.0 inch drop rear... these springs were linear and stiffer than 'normal', the shocks matches the springs and were also stiffer than "normal"

or

The "normal" suspension, which came on everything else.

For 2011 they dropped the sport package (and the X was gone by then too)... instead they offer the F-sport package, which for some weird reason is called that even though it contains no F-sport parts, and has a lot less functional content than the old Sport Package did.

The suspension on it, despite some part # differences, SEEMS to be the same as the old "sport suspension"

Now, entirely apart from this, Lexus has offered for several years now the F-sport accessory line, which includes a set of NON linear (ie progressive, ie I'm not a fan of them) springs, and some shocks to go with them (though it's impossible to exactly, properly, match shocks to progressive springs). These springs drop the car 0.8 and 1" respectively.
I have 2011 fsport with f part suspension
Old 01-11-12, 09:18 AM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus408
Like everyone has mentioned it has a slight drop in the front. Nothing big. I hear H&R springs are a good way to go if you want to drop your car.
H&R great choice
Old 01-11-12, 10:19 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomin
I have 2011 fsport with f part suspension
Not from the factory you don't, since they don't build cars like that.

The only suspension options from the factory are:

Normal suspension- comes on everything except:
Sport package (06-10)
X package (07-10)
F-sport package (11-12)

Sport suspension- (which are NOT F-sport parts... at all... and only swaps out the shocks/springs for stiffer (and linear in the springs case) ones that are 0.4 and 0.0 inches lower than the normal ones)
which comes on the "exception" vehicles described above.

There's also the F-sport accessory line, which includes the progressive springs and F-sport shocks, as well as sway bars and other items... which are optional accessories. These can come on the car by the time you pick it up at your dealership, but they're not part of any from-the-factory package... they're optional accessories.

Last edited by Kurtz; 01-11-12 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-11-12, 11:52 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

I've seen invoices with port-installed F-Sport parts, so it's possible it arrived at the dealer with the lowering springs, etc. however the factory F-Sport stuff is linear and not really lowered (like Kurtz was saying). Though 2011 factory sport suspension (and F-Sport factory suspension) did get the same rear suspension geometry changes as the IS F did, which isn't a bad thing either.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Question for 2IS F-Sport package owners