Club Lexus Forums

Club Lexus Forums (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - Second Generation (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation-163/)
-   -   The Molded Wald Spoiler Club. How many of us are there? (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/610966-the-molded-wald-spoiler-club-how-many-of-us-are-there.html)

RDIS250AWD 01-03-12 09:29 PM

The Molded Wald Spoiler Club. How many of us are there?
 
Since buying my car in Sept of this past year I have done quite a few mods. Since molding my replica Wald spoiler, and then raising the quarters it officially became my favorite part of my car. So I was curious how many of us on here have a (authentic or rep) molded Wald spoiler? Post a pic of yours! :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...91491380_n.jpg
http://images32.fotki.com/v1088/phot...MAG1765-vi.jpg

http://images58.fotki.com/v279/photo...AG17611-vi.jpg

http://public.fotki.com/remydee/the-is-journal/

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-s...d-spoiler.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-s...-a-a-lift.html

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...53990708_n.jpg
Before and after raising the quarters

Sffd103 01-03-12 09:38 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hello there:d I now of 2 others that have done it. ISCJohnny on his old white IS350 which he sold and another member with a black IS.

RDIS250AWD 01-03-12 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sffd103 (Post 6922029)
Hello there:d I now of 2 others that have done it. ISCJohnny on his old white IS350 which he sold and another member with a black IS.

I was hoping u would be the first to repost just bc you and I are the only one with raised quarters. You being the first of course haha. Also I was curious how much did the body shop charge you to mold the spoiler plus raising the quarter if you don't mind me asking? A local wants me to do his after seeing mine, and I might consider it. Just not sure what to charge? :uh:

Initial G 01-03-12 11:01 PM

I would kindly join the club if I had extra $$$ laying around. Both cars look great.

UniSlayEX 01-03-12 11:44 PM

I'm saving up for an authentic Wald spoiler and have it molded. I'm about half way there...

RDIS250AWD 01-03-12 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Initial G (Post 6922185)
I would kindly join the club if I had extra $$$ laying around. Both cars look great.

Thanks bro. Best way to save money is DIY. Buying my rep + materials and paint was slightly under $500.


Quote:

Originally Posted by UniSlayEX (Post 6922273)
I'm saving up for an authentic Wald spoiler and have it molded. I'm about half way there...

If you're gonna mold it there really is no need in buying the authentic unless you want to just be able to say it is authentic. Thats just my opinion. Even Marino (sffd103) agrees. He bought the authentic at first bc he wasn't sure if he wanted to mold it at first or not. Picked up my rep on ebay for less than 300 shipped. Fitment really wasn't that bad. VERY SMALL gap as you can see in this pic below before I had molded it. And obviously molding it fixed it. I've even read somewhere before the authentic wasn't exactly a perfect fit either.

https://s-hphotos-iad1.fbcdn.net/hph...89290715_n.jpg

dangy 01-03-12 11:55 PM

I wish I had raised corners too :sad:

http://i43.tinypic.com/1htkk8.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/rkq72t.jpg

Kitty2IS 01-04-12 12:02 AM

Sorry to be off topic, but what do you mean by "molded" .. ? Is it because it's rep so needs additional modifications? :uh:

Rash 01-04-12 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sffd103 (Post 6922029)
Hello there:d I now of 2 others that have done it. ISCJohnny on his old white IS350 which he sold and another member with a black IS.

ISCJohnny did it on an OEM spoiler, not WALD.

iSuxeL was the first to mold the WALD (in general)

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e8...2/DSC_0094.jpg


Also areukhmer have one, but let him post since he's active. :p

RDIS250AWD 01-04-12 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty2IS (Post 6922312)
Sorry to be off topic, but what do you mean by "molded" .. ? Is it because it's rep so needs additional modifications? :uh:

no rep or authentic when its not molded theres a step between the trunk and spoiler

heres some pics another member with a non molded wald spoiler (rizon25) posted in my other thread where I was in the process of molding mine

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-w...0/IMG_5677.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-4...0/IMG_5678.jpg

karasha 01-04-12 12:15 AM

I have an authentic molded Wald spoiler... in MRM. :D Don't think I've seen too many of those floating around the forum.

I'll post pictures... eventually. ;)

Edit: Also, my spoiler was tweaked so I didn't have to raise up the panels... and I don't have that nasty overhang/cliff/whatever you want to call it at the bottom.

Rash 01-04-12 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD (Post 6922338)
no rep or authentic when its not molded theres a step between the trunk and spoiler

heres some pics another member with a non molded wald spoiler (rizon25) posted in my other thread where I was in the process of molding mine

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-w...0/IMG_5677.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-4...0/IMG_5678.jpg

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/atta...al-white-2.jpg

Here's a very noticable picture from (AK-47).

Kitty2IS 01-04-12 12:17 AM

Oh wow I see it now, Thanks :p

RDIS250AWD 01-04-12 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rash (Post 6922347)
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/atta...al-white-2.jpg

Here's a very noticable picture from (AK-47).

Nice Rash. Thanks for sharing

dorkacho 01-04-12 12:23 AM

Looks so nice .. .. :thumbup:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved