IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

The Molded Wald Spoiler Club. How many of us are there?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-12, 04:12 PM
DajonDondo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Plan to finally mod my car this spring..... this is the first Mod i want to do... But i live in Boston.. idk if its gonna come out as good as they do in Cali..
Old 01-07-12, 05:29 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DajonDondo
I Plan to finally mod my car this spring..... this is the first Mod i want to do... But i live in Boston.. idk if its gonna come out as good as they do in Cali..
Since when does work in Cali come out better than anywhere else? I'm in Ohio and I did the work myself
Old 01-08-12, 12:40 AM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Since when does work in Cali come out better than anywhere else? I'm in Ohio and I did the work myself
The only difference between work in Cali and anywhere else is it's more expensive here unless you DIY!
Old 01-08-12, 12:44 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Love the look of the molded Wald spoiler.

One day i'll join you guys
Old 01-08-12, 01:35 AM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

Everyone's looks great... But dang Mariano's is just on a whole nother level.
Old 01-08-12, 01:55 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NorCalIS
The only difference between work in Cali and anywhere else is it's more expensive here unless you DIY!
Exactly why I do things myself. Not ballin like Mariano and all u other guys he paid a small fortune to get his spoiler molded and quarters raised I spent about 500. Paint, materials and rep wald spoiler. Which buying the authentic costs more than that lol
Old 01-09-12, 02:50 AM
All4sho350
Lead Lap

hmm i might have to have my quarters raised

Old 01-09-12, 03:27 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel so lonely.

Old 01-09-12, 03:45 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sicklexus
Everyone's looks great... But dang Mariano's is just on a whole nother level.
Thanks a lot sick...I smiled when I read that

Originally Posted by Rash
I feel so lonely.
Rash...you're special. I've only seen one other IS on CL with your trunk!

Last edited by Rash; 01-09-12 at 04:17 AM.
Old 01-09-12, 04:20 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's more, but I guess I'm the most active one. :P
Old 01-09-12, 11:39 AM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trunk hasn't changed in any of the 2IS models. My replica wald spoiler the fitment really wasn't off by much at all. You can see the pic of it on page 1 before I molded it where the slight gap. From what I have heard even the authentic wald spoiler isn't perfect fitment. So it all comes down to how much money you wanna spend. I wouldn't spend an extra 400+ just for "slightly" better fitment or bragging rights to just say you have the authentic. But thats just me. Plus I see no sense in buying authentic if you are gonna mold it anyways.
I'm sorry, I'm going to have to completely disagree with you here.

Some people, like me, REFUSE to support knock off parts for our cars. Not only do they not fit properly, but you are putting money in the hands of people who are making a living off of copying the designers at WALD. I prefer support to the company who originally made these parts, so they can continue making parts for our cars. The only time I find it understandable for "knock offs" to be made is because the original part is no longer in production (for example, the IS300's L-Tuned front bumper, ect.)
Old 01-09-12, 11:57 AM
Dexterr
Lead Lap

I didn't know a good number of members had their Wald spoilers molded on the trunk. Flows so much better, especially with Wald spoiler.

MARIANO: you're definitely in a different level. Your # of awards only shows.
Old 01-09-12, 12:57 PM
PAVGR
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

I also liked someones molded Wald from Guan or something.I cant find the picture but i think he had shaved it and it looked great.I also believe that Marianos Wald is the best
Old 01-09-12, 04:59 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by karasha
I'm sorry, I'm going to have to completely disagree with you here.

Some people, like me, REFUSE to support knock off parts for our cars. Not only do they not fit properly, but you are putting money in the hands of people who are making a living off of copying the designers at WALD. I prefer support to the company who originally made these parts, so they can continue making parts for our cars. The only time I find it understandable for "knock offs" to be made is because the original part is no longer in production (for example, the IS300's L-Tuned front bumper, ect.)
Not everyone has money to blow, as long as quality is good I could really care less bc when it comes down to it its just a spoiler. I wouldn't buy a replica performance part bc that would really make a difference in the performance of your car vs a spoiler, lip kit etc its just cosmetics. Who cares? Big companies are gonna keep making money regardless of whether there are other companies replicating their products or not.
Old 01-09-12, 05:11 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not everyone has money to blow, as long as quality is good I could really care less bc when it comes down to it its just a spoiler. I wouldn't buy a replica performance part bc that would really make a difference in the performance of your car vs a spoiler, lip kit etc its just cosmetics. Who cares? Big companies are gonna keep making money regardless of whether there are other companies replicating their products or not.
And you're assuming I have money to blow? I'm a college student who has had to be very selective with my funds to have the things I have on my car. It would have been way easier for me to buy rip off HREs, rip off WALD, ect., but I didn't because it's a matter of principle of putting money into the pockets of the designers who originally created these designs.

I'm just sayin' man, don't account everyone who buys authentic as people who just want to be "show-off".

This is a good overview as to why many choose to not buy fake parts:
http://www.vertex-usa.com/no-knockof...entic-products

Either way, the Wald spoilers in this thread (authentic or not), are looking good! I'll have to post up better pictures of my fitment whenever Houston isn't underwater.

Quick Reply: The Molded Wald Spoiler Club. How many of us are there?