IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

The Molded Wald Spoiler Club. How many of us are there?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-12, 07:14 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i notice that on my ebay roof spoiler.. when its hot outside, and my car has been siiting out there for a couple of hrs, i can see my spoiler looking kinda of wavy.
Old 05-29-12, 07:16 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

I also just received my authentic Wald spoiler last week and was wondering anybody in the bayarea that got this work done can guide me to the same shop. also if you dont mind posting the price. thanks

sffd103..?
Old 05-29-12, 08:02 AM
aspeckt
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol so are you guys jealous that he's quoted me cheap and you paid more? or that he's going to do a substandard job? He said he's done work like it before and that it wasn't a problem. I'm going to check out more shops today though.

i just thought i remember reading somewhere on CL that quotes range from 350-600 or more

Last edited by aspeckt; 05-29-12 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-29-12, 09:09 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks awesome !!
Old 05-29-12, 09:37 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MashinA
question, hyper's spoiler is the only one that sits flush on the bottom did the rest of you not do this purposely or whats the deal?
the other places didn't shave the bottom of the part like our guy did

we asked them specifically to do this because of the fact that we didn't want it to look like an add on and we used the bimmers we have at the shop as reference... looks wise that is...
Old 05-29-12, 09:54 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

^ where did you get it done at..?
Old 05-29-12, 11:25 AM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
the other places didn't shave the bottom of the part like our guy did

we asked them specifically to do this because of the fact that we didn't want it to look like an add on and we used the bimmers we have at the shop as reference... looks wise that is...
I used this same pic to show my body shop and had this done to mine. He charged me a extra hundred bucks for the extra process but well worth the look . I hate that over hang look that most have. We cut the Wald wing in half and just used the top of the wing. It shaved a ton of shaving and sits better then just molding the wing with thick sides

Last edited by stasis3131; 05-29-12 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-29-12, 11:35 AM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aspeckt
lol so are you guys jealous that he's quoted me cheap and you paid more? or that he's going to do a substandard job? He said he's done work like it before and that it wasn't a problem. I'm going to check out more shops today though.

i just thought i remember reading somewhere on CL that quotes range from 350-600 or more
Why would we be jealous of a cheap price :-/ that's dumb. I can't speak for anyone else but I didn't want you getting played and regret your decision. I been helping you with info since you started inquiring about rep wings. It's one thing to save money on wing but there's no way around good quality body work. There is no way on earth I would let a guy work on my car if I knew 200 bucks was supply money and he was only gonna make 150 or so. Nobody is that nice even your friends lol. The body shop that did my molded wing had never done one but they worked on my gallardo and showed confidence when talking about the process. Any good shop or body guy can look at a pic and tell if he can do what he is looking at but... Also it helps to have a little knowledge yourself about the process and cost so you know you aren't getting under or over charged. But either way good luck aspekt and nobody is jealous just trying to keep you from getting your car messed up. It would suck *** if he quoted you this price then realizes its gonna take a lot more time then calls you to say we need 400 more dollars to get it perfect but he has already started your car. Now you are a hostage to his negotiations or you can take your car back with a half as molded rep wing.

Good luck with the process bro
Old 05-29-12, 11:41 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by obby
^ where did you get it done at..?
TNT Auto in sac... they did the trunk and the molded front bumper on the F

but if you need someone closer than my guys at Reliance Auto in SJ are good too (they do all the work on the LS)

Last edited by HyperMKIV; 05-30-12 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-29-12, 11:45 AM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kim0217
Almost forget to post here, still waiting for the high-quality pics, by Ejay Marte(limestand)
Awesome car Kim and great pic

Originally Posted by fatjoez
Here's mine

Done in Australia for $700 AUD ($688 USD)
Tooks 6 days in the shop

One thing that the guy mentioned is when he left it in the sun today,
he said it seemed to warp a bit.

I looked at it closely and could barely tell what he was talking about.
He basically said these chinese made replica spoilers etc don't have UV protection or something.

Eitherway from what I understood worst case scenario is hopefully just the paint might not look as smooth,
but from what i saw today it's really not noticeable unless you're a painter lol.

Time will tell!!

eitherway it was worth it

here are the pics

He did a really amazing job to be honest
great looking job
Old 05-29-12, 03:17 PM
aspeckt
Lead Lap

stasis i understand. you make a good point--thanks.

i went to another shop today and they said 400. and 600 if i wanted to raise the quarterpanels.
Old 06-06-12, 06:58 AM
aspeckt
Lead Lap

just dropped off my is250to get the rep wald molded to the trunk. 450$ total to shave sides and eliminate that gap at the back so the entire thing looks flush. he's using a combination of duraglass and bondo/body filler to do it. i told him to only use duraglass and he said that to only use that would create small holes in the finished product. he also said that sure the bondo/body filler cracks too, but only if he was just using that. anyway he knows what he's doing and he's done it before just not on a lexus so i'm pretty stoked.

should be done friday evening.
Old 06-06-12, 07:15 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

just dropped off my is250to get the rep wald molded to the trunk. 450$ total to shave sides and eliminate that gap at the back so the entire thing looks flush. he's using a combination of duraglass and bondo/body filler to do it. i told him to only use duraglass and he said that to only use that would create small holes in the finished product. he also said that sure the bondo/body filler cracks too, but only if he was just using that. anyway he knows what he's doing and he's done it before just not on a lexus so i'm pretty stoked.

What he told you about the bondo is correct, if he only uses it to even out small holes you'll be fine. The issue arises with people that use only bondo.
Old 06-06-12, 08:18 AM
8lastoff
Driver

Awesome! Can't wait to see pics bro. Now you can knock off "molded WALD spoiler" off your future mods list
Old 06-06-12, 06:31 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Good stuff aspeckt mine is done with both bondo and duraglass... Hope it turns out awesome . 450 is a fair price also

Quick Reply: The Molded Wald Spoiler Club. How many of us are there?