IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

M7 Japan Street Fighter IS250

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-12, 09:45 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

why is there so much negative attitude here?
Old 01-02-12, 10:03 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cause its a "track" car but its pretty much stock with a few stickers and sunk in wheels. I hardly consider a drop in filter and a oil cap real track mod's. I'd like to see some engine swap or at least a s/c etc before you can really call it track proven.
Old 01-02-12, 10:23 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From the car description, looks to have their custom Coilovers, BBK, intake and filter, exhaust, possibly headers, and custom radiator. Doesn't seem to have sways though.

There's some negative attitudes since some people have modded their personal cars to a larger degree than this car seemed to be from the 3 pictures posted. The mod list looks pretty substantial.

I want to see a track car with the engine rear mounted, and radiator mounted in the rear passenger section with the front driver section sealed from the rear.
Old 01-02-12, 11:48 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

I dont really think there are a ton of stuff in this car.

Coils ok that counts.

But the intake looks like some bolt on like injen or w/e that has been proven to loose HP in pretty much all brands (im not sure if theres some crazy one i've never heard of so i'm going to resist saying all brands).

BBK, that counts too.

"muffler and front pipe" it seems like from their pictures of these items its simply a muffler a mid pipe of some sort, not headers so another bolt on 4hp?

Throttle controller that has been debated in another thread, just makes your car seem faster, does not improve real track time

and a bunch oil catch and special M7 radiator coolant. I still dont think this is very "track"

Minus the BBK, their pretty much mod's you will find on any IS owner that has been mod'ing for a couple of months if that, theres guys i see on CL now that have more mod's on their car in the first week of ownership than this track proven car.

But flaming aside, i think its really the look fast stickers thats causing all this heat, for me at least.
Old 01-03-12, 01:27 AM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

decals = ricerrrrrr lol
Old 01-03-12, 04:30 AM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To each his own, but I'm not loving it. When I think track car, I think of sheet metal interior, more performance mods and "racing" graphics. the car doesn't look bad, just don't see it as what it trying to be.
Old 01-03-12, 07:05 AM
funglenn
Lead Lap

If the definition of track proven is being driven on a track then they have it--along with my old Yugo which was pushed around a track--sadly without the ricey stickers....

And really a 250? If they were serious we would see some numbers on their site to see how much their oils and fluids help make their 250 better than mine.... They should have tuned a 350
Old 01-03-12, 11:08 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

This is very interesting. My car is track proven to
Old 01-03-12, 08:08 PM
M7Japan
Former Sponsor

Our goal and intention with this IS250 wasn't to build an extreme high horsepower machine, but to build a street machine with improved performance.

We took to the track with our technical advisor/team driver Manabu "MAX" Orido to do some testing and development of our parts.

Check out some of our new IS250 parts tested by MAX Orido:

M7 T-Titan Sports Muffler

(The spoiler is carbon fiber)

M7 High Technology Brake System 6 POT
Old 01-03-12, 08:51 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by M7Japan
Our goal and intention with this IS250 wasn't to build an extreme high horsepower machine, but to build a street machine with improved performance.
Couldn't you have just gotten a 350? lol
Old 01-03-12, 09:53 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Clearly this is a car made to help their r&d department develop parts their going to market towards the isx50. So as far as the looks go I could care less, however I would be interested to see if any of the products actually produce hp gains, as no other company has really been able to.
Old 01-03-12, 09:58 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by MoarLow
not feeling all the decals
Was about to say same thing, car looks lot better with out it. Just my $.02
Old 01-03-12, 10:11 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

I think everyone seems to be missing the point of this thread. As NorCal said the car looks to be for research and development for parts for our 2IS's, not a show car. I'm happy to see a company invest time and $ to do this so props to M7. Seeing some actual numbers, lap times or dyno sheets would be cool though.
Old 01-04-12, 12:52 AM
pbateson
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The car is RHD
Old 01-04-12, 02:16 AM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Alias
I think everyone seems to be missing the point of this thread. As NorCal said the car looks to be for research and development for parts for our 2IS's, not a show car. I'm happy to see a company invest time and $ to do this so props to M7. Seeing some actual numbers, lap times or dyno sheets would be cool though.
very well said. its nice to see that more parts are being developed for our cars.

Quick Reply: M7 Japan Street Fighter IS250