IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Minor car accident but....

Old 11-29-11, 01:12 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Minor car accident but....

Got into a very minor accident today on the highway, i cannot find a single scratch on the front of my IS, and her car suffered no damage either. Maybe her little lip piece popped out on her car at the most (Scion XB). No damage to paint at all though. This was 2-3 MPH accident and i was on the brakes when my car tapped her car.

Here's the kicker though, we exchange information and getting ready to leave, she decides to call her "insurance company". She comes back and starts complaining that her neck hurts and she would like to call for a police report to document this

Anyone dealt with a situation like this? Even the CHP officer said that the "damage" is inconsistent with the accident. He offered to call her an ambulance to have her checked out and she just told them she would rather see a doctor and get it verified.

Accident reminded me of how shady some people can actually be.....

Anyways i did give all of the information to my insurance company just be to be on the safe side for this one.
I didn't want to report it to them, but i have a feeling this lady has something devious in mind....

Update on page 3 & 4

Last edited by KillaIS250; 12-07-11 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-29-11, 01:22 PM
goldzilla
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just do the same thing to her. Tell ur insurance and blame everything on her. Tell insurance that she wasn't paying attention on the road and kept braking all of a sudden.

Same thing happend to me last year, my car got totaled from this lady switched lanes wo even looking. She was nuce and all first. 2 months later her and 3 others passengers try to sue me for medical bill and stupid crap. So far I'm winning since there were witnesses on my side.
Old 11-29-11, 01:31 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by goldzilla
Just do the same thing to her. Tell ur insurance and blame everything on her. Tell insurance that she wasn't paying attention on the road and kept braking all of a sudden.

Same thing happend to me last year, my car got totaled from this lady switched lanes wo even looking. She was nuce and all first. 2 months later her and 3 others passengers try to sue me for medical bill and stupid crap. So far I'm winning since there were witnesses on my side.
Lol. I told my insurance exactly what happened. I know a rear end accident is the fault of the rear driver, but this is just crazy. This isn't some old lady either. This is a 24 year old girl complaining of neck pain because of "how hard the accident jerked her forward"

Check out the pic of my car right after (click picture to enlarge)

^ There's nothing

Last edited by KillaIS250; 11-29-11 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-29-11, 01:44 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds shady to me, from your story looks like she's trying to capitalize on you rear ending her...

in another incident my brother and friend got rear ended by this one guy at a stop sign, and he ended up trying to sue them for causing the accident... wtf... he ended up losing the case because there was no basis that my brother and friend tried to cause the accident. so there are shady people out there... another funny thing i found out later is that this dude was the dad of some girl i was seeing... lol... thats what happens when you live in a small island.
Old 11-29-11, 01:53 PM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

Yea shady. Sad ppl do these days. document everything, just in case.bright side, car still look great.
Old 11-29-11, 02:00 PM
yangster
Pit Crew

I hope you took some pics of her car to document that there was no damage. She might come back after damaging her car on purpose which is just taking the fraud to the next level...
Old 11-29-11, 02:23 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

She's gonna try and screw me on this neck pain thing i can just feel it.

I did get pictures of her car too, because she seemed like the kind of person that might damage the car on purpose and say it was my fault.

CHP officers notes states there's no apparent damage as well.
Old 11-29-11, 02:23 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It's called fraud!!!!!
Old 11-29-11, 02:32 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sango
It's called fraud!!!!!
Yeah no joke!

CHP officers that arrived on scene even told her that she better be careful what she states to them because it goes on the police report and from what they see, there's nothing that correlates to the pain she was complaining about. She kept insisting that it hurt though, and she kept turning down the ambulance when the CHP officers tried to offer her one to have her "injuries" checked out. Kept insisting that she wanted to see her doctor about it. Me thinks she knows someone that would be willing to sign off on this for her.....
Old 11-29-11, 03:05 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

meh this is lame. At least it sounds like the CHP are on to her scheme
Old 11-29-11, 03:12 PM
JayDMiS
Driver

The same thing happened to me years ago and the guy ended up suing me. My insurance actually settled with the guy for who knows how much. People are shady and will do anything for a dollar. The funny thing is his wife sued me and she wasn't in the car at the time of the accident. She claimed she was suing for sexual frustration. Good luck.
Old 11-29-11, 03:34 PM
Toymota
Pole Position

Pass everything on to your insurance, let them handle it, and get on with your life. Don't worry, they'll fight it for you and do everything they can not to pay. Just think of how hard it is to get your own health insurance to pay up sometimes
Old 11-29-11, 03:34 PM
reset2k
Rookie

Very sorry to hear this Reminds me of the McDonalds lawsuit where someone ordered a coffee, spilled it on themself, then sued McDonalds because the cup didn't say it was hot... Go figure.

Good luck, but it looks like you have most (if not all) of your basis covered!
Old 11-29-11, 04:42 PM
starknight
Lead Lap

you need to report to your insurance company and let them handle it. good luck!
Old 11-29-11, 04:43 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by starknight
you need to report to your insurance company and let them handle it. good luck!
+1. If there is no damages to both vehicle, the insurance will most likely deny the claim.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Minor car accident but....