Friendly fire... 2IS accident :'(

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-11, 11:08 PM
norapat01
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 149MAX
She was another university student, great way to get somebody's number

Yeah when I got out of the car, I was ready to yell at her for being so ... but when she got out she was already crying so I just gave her the wtf look... I kinda feel bad for calling the police and getting her ticketed, but hopefully she learns from this.
So,.....did she ended up "paying you back"?

BTW, good thing its just a minor accident.
Old 11-18-11, 11:14 PM
reset2k
Rookie

One thing for sure if you didn't read it from the other guys post -- make sure you get the depreciated value of your car! Since your car has an accident on record now, the insurance company owes you the difference your car was worth without the accident and now with the accident. Don't let them slide away without paying like a lot of other people, they owe you that money!

I would also take the other guys advice about going to a certified Lexus dealership to have it repaired.

I'm glad both of you were ok -- and nice camera btw You've got me thinking about it now, lol.
Old 11-18-11, 11:14 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ohh noo..makes me sad to see a fellow 2IS hurt
Old 11-18-11, 11:39 PM
149MAX
Pole Position

I'm thinking of replacing the bumper with the F sport bumper, will it fit the MY2008?
Old 11-18-11, 11:42 PM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Smile

A very funny thread title and misguiding, definitely not so funny for the OP and the other person involved.I'm sorry it happened but what a coincidence that both were a Lexus ? Wow. Never seen a thread here with 2 Lexus crashing and imagine if both of you are clublexus members.

The damage doesn't look so bad so you're lucky since you braked early.

Originally Posted by Toymota
There are two cars waiting to turn left off the road into the property and they do not have a stop sign. Doesn't the car leaving the property have to yield and let both of them go first anyway? Or are the rules different where you are? Good reaction time by you though. I barely saw the car move before you hit the brakes.
Are you the other IS-F owner ?

Originally Posted by 149MAX
Trust me, that is an IS F, she opened her hood and I have the police report saying it was a 2008 IS F lol.. is there a reason you're saying that's not a F?
I could not say for sure at first too that other car was an IS-F , it looked like an ordinary IS, only after more careful inspection did I notice that it was an IS-F through the badge.
Old 11-18-11, 11:59 PM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MyIS350G
sorry to see that! damn soo rare that you see 2 2IS collided.
This is exactly what I was thinking too.

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
She better have been cute for you to feel sorry for her. Call me a *** but I would've went off, I could care less who it was. Looking at your YouTube videos, it looks like you've had some previous close calls.
Well the other reason to feel sorry obviously for the OP and anyone would be that the other car was an IS-F , a fellow Lexus. Come on, anyone here would feel sorry for a fellow lexus ??

Originally Posted by HAiS250
Just trade cars and call it a day
That was a good one.
Old 11-19-11, 03:32 AM
509IS350
Lexus Test Driver

Looks like your thread created a frenzy for the mobile video you have lol. Im thinking gopro hero2...oh maybe ill try the one you have.
Old 11-19-11, 04:42 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Smile

I just had a look at the video. This could have happened to anyone. Did you guys notice the big SUV just in front of 149 MAX turning right , there was no way for the IS-F owner to surely see who was coming behind the SUV , so she thought of taking the road , then SLAM !!!
Old 11-19-11, 05:36 AM
Toymota
Pole Position

Originally Posted by stanjohn12
Are you the other IS-F owner ?
Who me? No sir, I am not, but I wish I could afford an IS-F
I just had a look at the video. This could have happened to anyone. Did you guys notice the big SUV just in front of 149 MAX turning right , there was no way for the IS-F owner to surely see who was coming behind the SUV , so she thought of taking the road , then SLAM !!!
It also appears that the sun is very low and causing glare in the direction of the SUV and 149MAX.
Old 11-19-11, 06:36 AM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

Yeah but either way the two cars turning left into the parking lot had the right of way... She shouldnt even have been pulling out.
Old 11-19-11, 08:51 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Smile

Originally Posted by 1sicklexus
Yeah but either way the two cars turning left into the parking lot had the right of way... She shouldnt even have been pulling out.
But the 2 cars just waited for her to get out didn't they ? Anyways it was just unfortunate. I guess if she had just waited to see who was behind the SUV , this accident could have been avoided. Moral of this post - See and check before crossing. If i was behind the SUV I would have honked much in advance plus I would have anticipated a car to pull out so I would have gone a lot slower with my horns honking anyways at that exact spot.
Old 11-19-11, 09:53 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

lol, looks like the 2 ISes just wanted to kiss

This is exactly what happened to some guy's daughter at work. She was driving behind a big truck; the truck turned right into a shopping area, then someone waiting turn left go into the road without knowing there's a car behind the truck.
Old 11-19-11, 11:27 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well the thing is that the IS-F should not have popped out because of the cars on the main street trying to make a left. Sort of common sense - do not pop out unless it is clear.
Old 11-19-11, 12:17 PM
TaYLoRGanG
Driver

She thought her and her ISF could rip outta there quick LOL and was like that 350 aint got nothing on me!
Old 11-19-11, 04:37 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

wow that sucks. i woulda got out and kicked some tail! if it was a guy.... since it was a lady.... just yell LOL and ask her why didnt she hit me harder so i could get a different car haha

Quick Reply: Friendly fire... 2IS accident :'(