IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Friendly fire... 2IS accident :'(

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-11, 06:58 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^

Did she look nice? That cam looks good, was watching it in 720p!

Good thing both are alrite.
Old 11-18-11, 06:59 PM
ToeMas8
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 149MAX
http://www.dealextreme.com/feedbacks...s.dx/sku.35356

Here you go guys, that's the camera I have, the power cable is nice and long so it's easy to wire it around the headliner/A pillar to the cigg lighter.

It looks cheaper now.. $75 CAD.. I bought it for $112 two months ago, so this looks like a great deal for a 720p cam.
Right on man! Thanks for the link. Definitely cheaper than the ones I found and posted links to in my comment on the first page.
Old 11-18-11, 07:19 PM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

Yeah at least you were nice about it! I got in a fight once with a guy who pulled in front of me. He got out of the car and started screaming at me saying it was my fault.
Old 11-18-11, 07:20 PM
Toymota
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, DealExtreme is great for made in China stuff. It does take around 3 weeks to ship to the US though. Check out all the other cameras they have too because there are all sorts of options like no screen which makes it cheaper.
Old 11-18-11, 07:29 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^
I'm not sure about DealExtreme. I actually requested refund from them for an item which did failed to arrive on time which they promised. Eventually I gotten the item but it was like 2 weeks after I recieved the refund!
Old 11-18-11, 07:38 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Wow 8k? What are the damages?
Old 11-18-11, 07:45 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to see that! damn soo rare that you see 2 2IS collided.
Old 11-18-11, 07:54 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

She better have been cute for you to feel sorry for her. Call me a *** but I would've went off, I could care less who it was. Looking at your YouTube videos, it looks like you've had some previous close calls.
Old 11-18-11, 07:59 PM
tenspeed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dvo
Edit: Is this the same camera? http://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Dashbo...1670879&sr=8-7 If so, it's a lot cheaper.
It's $35 shipped on eBay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Vehicle-...#ht_5378wt_902

Last edited by tenspeed; 11-18-11 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-18-11, 08:12 PM
dackp143
Pole Position

Listen... Take your car to a certified Lexus dealership that specializes in body damage. Get this stuff done right and remember you are the one with the f_cked up car, not the insurance company. This is HER fault, not yours.

So again, ignore the report they gave you, take it to Lexus, and have them rebuild the car with all OEM parts. If your rim is messed up, make sure they GIVE YOU A NEW ONE and don't let them tell you "it's not bad, we will have it repainted!"... it will NOT turn out right.

If the insurance company of the chick give you problems, tell them you will sue the **** out of them for and denying your right to have your car fixed. Also remember you can get a few hundred extra dollars out for depreciation.
Old 11-18-11, 08:17 PM
149MAX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dvo
Sorry to see this happen, but as long as everyone was okay. Good thing you had the camera...they should pay you to advertise for them

Edit: Is this the same camera? http://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Dashbo...1670879&sr=8-7 If so, it's a lot cheaper.
That actually looks exactly the same, if it looks like that in real life, I'm pretty sure it'd be the same... idk lol. Anyway who that's really cheap though.
Old 11-18-11, 08:19 PM
149MAX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dackp143
Listen... Take your car to a certified Lexus dealership that specializes in body damage. Get this stuff done right and remember you are the one with the f_cked up car, not the insurance company. This is HER fault, not yours.

So again, ignore the report they gave you, take it to Lexus, and have them rebuild the car with all OEM parts. If your rim is messed up, make sure they GIVE YOU A NEW ONE and don't let them tell you "it's not bad, we will have it repainted!"... it will NOT turn out right.

If the insurance company of the chick give you problems, tell them you will sue the **** out of them for and denying your right to have your car fixed. Also remember you can get a few hundred extra dollars out for depreciation.
I took it to the Lexus dealership I bought it from and they outsource to another body shop I guess since they don't have on on site.. do you think that's ok? I meant they assessed 8K in repairs and will be replacing the rim, hopefully that will be ok right? What do you guys think?
Old 11-18-11, 08:23 PM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

Yeah sounds like more than enough! As long as her insurance is going to do it. They will probably have something to say about it.
Old 11-18-11, 08:38 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 149MAX

She was in the IS F and pulled out of a plaza w/o looking, I saw her and honked and braked but there was no way I could slow from 50-0 km/h in that time. Called the cops and she was ticketed for failure to yield. Since there's no way she can pay for all of the damages, I have to go through insurance, which I was sent the appraisal linked below. I'm wondering if somebody could explain to me what has to be replaced that is stated in the appraisal, I'm going to the body shop tomorrow to clear everything up to make sure everything is fixed, but I wanted a good idea of what they were gonna fix or replace.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3N...QwYzA4MWVmNzQw

EDIT: noticed google docs converted my pdf so I fixed the link.

The body shop at the Lexus dealership quoted $8K in damages and 12 days to fix, so in the mean time I'm cruising around in the soccer mom RX lol.

Your going through her insurance right?!
Old 11-18-11, 08:40 PM
149MAX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Your going through her insurance right?!
Ontario has no fault insurance. So you talk to your respective insurance companies regardless of fault. In this case, my insurance pays the body shop and then goes after her insurance for the money back.

Quick Reply: Friendly fire... 2IS accident :'(