IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help! Backup Camera Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-11, 05:56 AM
IamNate
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Backup Camera Question

Does anyone know if 2011 Is250s are pre-wired for the backup camera? I am currently in the works of purchasing an OEM nav system and it does not come with back up camera and I would like to get this but need to know if the cables are already in my IS or not.
Old 09-29-11, 07:37 AM
dackp143
Pole Position

I wouldn't bother the stock Nav, its next to impossible to get it to work right. Try this and save money while doing it. You can buy the backup camera for only $60 more.

Total cost: $1759.58
(add item to cart to get sales price).

Buy FlyAudio: http://www.carlighttrends.com/Produc...Lexus&CartID=1

FlyAudio Install https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...250-350-a.html
Old 09-29-11, 07:47 AM
IamNate
Driver

I found a person that is selling the stock navigation for a lot less than that (almost 700.00 cheaper). Reason is, I want the factory clock and XM capability. Why wouldn't it be just plug and play? The unit I will be purchasing has all necessary wires/buttons/antennas it just doesn't come with the camera and was wondering about the wiring. From what I have read, my IS is already pre-wired for navigation so I think this is why I would go this route.
Old 09-29-11, 09:16 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by IamNate
I found a person that is selling the stock navigation for a lot less than that (almost 700.00 cheaper). Reason is, I want the factory clock and XM capability. Why wouldn't it be just plug and play? The unit I will be purchasing has all necessary wires/buttons/antennas it just doesn't come with the camera and was wondering about the wiring. From what I have read, my IS is already pre-wired for navigation so I think this is why I would go this route.
No, it's not going to work. Lexus will not make the car prewired for non-nav cars. The wire harness for non-nav is completely different from Nav. Absolutely not compatible. Fly audio is the only nav system that looks close to factory nav. Wherever you read got wrong info.
Old 09-29-11, 10:12 AM
NathanH
Driver School Candidate

IMO, I don't suggest purchasing the NAVI. Mine including many, I meant many others having the same issue of broken / not responsive touchscreen on the Navigation. Cost? over $3000 dollars to replace. I wish I bought my vehicle without, now I am driving with a NOSY LCD "Caution" ...............hahah............FML
Old 09-29-11, 10:38 AM
IamNate
Driver

In my car, steering wheel buttons, speaker/mic is installed and has XM radio installed also. I read which still dont say much (because of date)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-the-swap.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...avigation.html

Those of course, posted a couple years back. I was just wondering if anyone has attempted on a new IS like mine. I like the idea of FlyAudio unit but the cost might not be worth it to me. Does anyone know if the FlyAudio unit have a built in GPS antenna or does it plug into one that is already wired in the car?
Old 10-11-11, 10:45 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

the 2010 up is250/350 non nav has the same connectors as the gen 5 2006 to 2009 is nav. so the factory retrofit of the gen 5 nav into these non nav models remains the same. doable and far superior to any afteemarket unit............................................................................................................. . the gen 6 2010 to 2012 lexus factory navs have entirely new system of connectors and computers so would not be compatible with the 2010 to 2012 lexus non nav systems. it remains to be seen whether the futurel exus non nav audio systems will get the gen 6 radios with the 1 connector for everything not the 5 connectors on the back of a 2010 up non nav systems lexus models. ............................................................................................................................................ as far as fly audio system as being equal to the factory nav is too rediculous to even consider. aftermarket nav sellers have been reading thier own propaganda too long. even 5th gen navs have 3 inputs into the tracking of the car. satellitte , speed sensor and steering wheel turns. no aftermarket unit can compare.
Old 10-12-11, 09:55 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by IamNate
In my car, steering wheel buttons, speaker/mic is installed and has XM radio installed also. I read which still dont say much (because of date)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-the-swap.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...avigation.html

Those of course, posted a couple years back. I was just wondering if anyone has attempted on a new IS like mine. I like the idea of FlyAudio unit but the cost might not be worth it to me. Does anyone know if the FlyAudio unit have a built in GPS antenna or does it plug into one that is already wired in the car?
The Fly Audio comes with it's own GPS antenna.