Hi Guys,

I am looking at a 2008 Lexus IS250AWD with Premium Pkg + HID

Just under 30k miles
Silver with Black interior
Clean Carfax, 1 owner car with service history

What would you pay? KBB and NADA range from $22k to $26k

ANY feedback will be appreciated.
Start here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-threads.html

Check Lexus dealer service history with the VIN. Check Autocheck.

As far as pricing, your best bet is just to do an Autotrader and Cars.com search for similar cars and figure out what they're going for in the market. One person's opinion posted here might be that they think that price range is too high, but that's moot if that's simply the range of prices the cars are going for.

You might also want to post the listing here so people can verify for you that the car actually has the options listed, as the majority of listings seems to have it wrong.
Old 09-28-11, 12:58 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

I got mine last month and at the time I was looking judging by what you'be listed it would go about 26+ at the dealer. But if you're buying from a private owner than go as low as u can without insulting them.
Mines a certified 2007 starfire pearl 44k miles navi fully loaded everything but the ML had the 18" g spyder rims came w the weather mats sticker price was 27300 I talked them down to 25500 hopefully that gives u a good idea on what offer to make
Old 09-29-11, 09:01 AM
Rowdy333
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback, here is the link:

http://inventory.finestmotors.com/we...ition_id=10426
Old 09-29-11, 10:06 AM
NathanH
Driver School Candidate

I bought 07 IS350 with premium pkg. Navigation is broken two weeks ago, after wasting alot of time, Lexus offered to cover half of the cost, but still going to be over $1,000 cost to me.

Never buy lexus anymore, especially come with Navi.

Do some research about this problem about broken Navigation issue............good luck!
Old 09-29-11, 11:55 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NathanH
I bought 07 IS350 with premium pkg. Navigation is broken two weeks ago, after wasting alot of time, Lexus offered to cover half of the cost, but still going to be over $1,000 cost to me.

Never buy lexus anymore, especially come with Navi.

Do some research about this problem about broken Navigation issue............good luck!
Dude, you've posted a variation of "My nav broke, Lexus sucks" on about 12 threads now. Calm down, there's no need - one post will do fine. And don't start trying to dissuade people from Lexus because you personally had an issue with yours.

Yes, there is a known issue with the nav going out, as I've called out in the Buyer's Guide thread linked to above. There are some threads about ways to fix it yourself for cheap, assuming your issue is the same as those posters'. But nav is a known weak spot on the earlier model 2IS, and it is a risk. Going through the dealership for repair will be $2000+.

This is one of the countless reasons I bought CPO and extended the CPO warranty past the 100k mark. I considered it worth it, but you may not. Anytime you're buying a used car, you're gambling. If you're buying a used car without a warranty, you're betting it won't have issues. If you buy a used car with a warranty, you're betting it will have issues and repair of those issues will cost more than the warranty.

This is the simple fact about buying any used car, Lexus or not. "Never buy lexus anymore" - so where are you headed? BMW, Audi, Mercedes? Good luck.

Do a search on the nav issue, you'll find it's by no means rampant. Regardless of what affected owners say, owners experiencing failed nav are in the minority. You can bet I'd be pissed if my nav failed, and it may yet. However I hedged myself with a warranty. And I also know that one problem does not damn an entire brand.
Old 09-29-11, 12:21 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Bought a 2008 IS250 CPO w/ 60K miles for $22,400 on Monday... my second IS, had 06 AWD, like non-AWD better

Lexus Newbie Buying Advice - IS250AWD-is.jpg

Last edited by rdgdawg; 09-29-11 at 12:24 PM.
Old 09-29-11, 01:57 PM
NathanH
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by calvin2376
Dude, you've posted a variation of "My nav broke, Lexus sucks" on about 12 threads now. Calm down, there's no need - one post will do fine. And don't start trying to dissuade people from Lexus because you personally had an issue with yours.

Yes, there is a known issue with the nav going out, as I've called out in the Buyer's Guide thread linked to above. There are some threads about ways to fix it yourself for cheap, assuming your issue is the same as those posters'. But nav is a known weak spot on the earlier model 2IS, and it is a risk. Going through the dealership for repair will be $2000+.

This is one of the countless reasons I bought CPO and extended the CPO warranty past the 100k mark. I considered it worth it, but you may not. Anytime you're buying a used car, you're gambling. If you're buying a used car without a warranty, you're betting it won't have issues. If you buy a used car with a warranty, you're betting it will have issues and repair of those issues will cost more than the warranty.

This is the simple fact about buying any used car, Lexus or not. "Never buy lexus anymore" - so where are you headed? BMW, Audi, Mercedes? Good luck.

Do a search on the nav issue, you'll find it's by no means rampant. Regardless of what affected owners say, owners experiencing failed nav are in the minority. You can bet I'd be pissed if my nav failed, and it may yet. However I hedged myself with a warranty. And I also know that one problem does not damn an entire brand.
I am going to buying a bike instead. I wish I have known the common problem about lexus before I got into it, so it would be nice to share. oh, and you're welcome............
Old 09-29-11, 02:00 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
Bought a 2008 IS250 CPO w/ 60K miles for $22,400 on Monday... my second IS, had 06 AWD, like non-AWD better

Attachment 223743

^ Very nice! Hope they took care of the 60k service for you too
Old 09-29-11, 02:21 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by calvin2376

+1 on this.

I think its easy to think that issues are a lot bigger than they seem when its posted on a forum like this. All the members here only represent a fraction of all Lexus/2IS owners in general. Right now we have just over 163,000 members for ALL the Lexus models discussed here.
Old 09-29-11, 02:31 PM
NathanH
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by killais250
+1 on this.

I think its easy to think that issues are a lot bigger than they seem when its posted on a forum like this. All the members here only represent a fraction of all lexus/2is owners in general. Right now we have just over 163,000 members for all the lexus models discussed here.
thank you!
Old 09-29-11, 02:59 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

I am going to buying a bike instead. I wish I have known the common problem about lexus before I got into it, so it would be nice to share. oh, and you're welcome............
That's why ppl buy warrantys
Old 09-29-11, 03:11 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The thing is, a simple Google search for "common problems IS350" or on a forum like CL would have made it very clear. CL knows about the nav issue - there are countless threads on it, and it's right up front in the buyer's guide to used 2IS. It would only "be nice to share" if you were adding something constructive to the discussion. Complaining about a problem everyone here knows exists (on threads that make it clear already, no less) adds nothing.
Old 09-29-11, 07:47 PM
fredster2
Driver School Candidate

I just got mine last month for about $24k for an 08 IS250 AWD Nav + premium package + HID. It had 46,xxx miles when I got it.
Old 09-29-11, 08:39 PM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP GL finding a vehicle you like... I had my Lexus non-nav for that past year and a half and I love it... The only issue I have and it is a not a big of a deal, is that for all my AUX players I have to plug them in to a power source LOL

Quick Reply: Lexus Newbie Buying Advice - IS250AWD