IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Owners comment on IS seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-11, 05:08 PM
voltik
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owners comment on IS seats

I'm considering buying an IS350 and wanted to know if owners have any problems with the lexus seats for long drives. How are the quality of the seats after couple of years?
Old 09-07-11, 05:17 PM
ponychaser
Driver School Candidate

I like the seats for what they are. They're fairly comfortable. Being from Texas, the cooling in them is a lifesaver (especially considering how freaking hot it has gotten this year).

I haven't had my IS for very long so I can't attest to their longevity, but I don't see them getting messed up anytime soon.
Old 09-07-11, 05:24 PM
shiny250
Advanced

I love my IS seats. With proper care and maintenance, the seats will last a long time. I'll admit that I'm not as good as I should be to my seats (in regards to maintaining them) but I do wipe them down and condition them about 3 times a year. My drivers seat has a few wrinkles but nothing terrible. The seats are about 5 years old now, so I'd say (just as ponychaser stated) I like them for what they are. The longest drive I've done is only 3 hours in the IS and they're as comfortable as they're going to get.
Old 09-07-11, 05:25 PM
ML11IS250
Driver School Candidate

Overall the seats are pretty comfortable, the only complain i have is with the lumbar support and headrest. The problem with the lumbar support is the lack upward adjustment and the lack of tilt in the headrest. The F Sport package have better fitting seats, but there are not as comfortable.
Old 09-07-11, 06:40 PM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Comfortable seats. Toyotas and Lexuses always had comfortable seats. Honda seats are terrible for long stretches.
Old 09-07-11, 06:46 PM
kingster
Pole Position

Great seats! Somebody mentioned to be better that Infiniti G37.

Condition them once a month have tinted windows and enter and exit the car with care. Don't lean all your weight against the side of your seat (top & bottom)

I give my self a lift from the door trim when exiting the car and when entering, I make sure right leg is in first to support some of my weight so not all of my weight is on the outside lower part of my seat as I sit. I have found that these tricks have helped keep my seats in good condition (wrinkles free on those most common areas). Also, no pasangers if they can't follow these simple rules.

Good luck
Old 09-07-11, 06:53 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Comfortable enough. Non F/F-sport variants could use better side bolsters, but I enjoy my ventilated seats too much to trade for either. Sadly the CT bolsters better than a 250/350
Old 09-07-11, 06:54 PM
voltik
Driver School Candidate

I've test driven the Infinity G37 and I didn't like those seats. Its one of the reasons I'm considering the Lexus IS 350. The seats feel so comfortable on my back but I can't test drive the car for 3 hrs to see how I feel after a long drive.

Thanks for the responses.
Old 09-07-11, 07:23 PM
LDNN
Driver

Originally Posted by ponychaser
I like the seats for what they are. They're fairly comfortable. Being from Texas, the cooling in them is a lifesaver (especially considering how freaking hot it has gotten this year).
Amen to that!
Old 09-07-11, 08:38 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the seats a lot. The longest I've driven is about 4 hours in my car, but I had no problems or discomfort.

My one complaint would be that they're just not contoured/supportive enough. I wish they were more bucketed - my 2003 E55 had bucket seats that allowed you to change absolutely every aspect, like how inflated the side bolsters were, etc. I know this is futile because we're talking about the regular 2IS and not the F, and 99% of buyers wouldn't want/know what to do with/fit into bucket seats, but that's my wish.

I don't know if something's gone wrong, but the ventilated seats don't seem to work too well on my car. Keep in mind they're not cooled, they're merely ventilated - they cycle air through but it doesn't come from the A/C. I highly recommend the perforated leather trim of the Luxury Package (not sure if it can come separately) - I've found it to be more comfortable than the regular leather seats.
Old 09-07-11, 08:41 PM
kamileon88
Rookie

I agree, wish they would hold like a isf . But i rather have vent seats
Old 09-07-11, 09:19 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

I had my '08 for almost 4 years and the seats were almost like new... and this was a daily driver and saw a lot of use. I just got the F-Sport with the bucket seats and have the microfiber center on them which for what the seats are, it is perfect. They keep you in place for those more, ahem, spirited driving experiences. But I do miss my full leather sits sometimes

As for comfort, IMHO, I'd say they are very comfortable and have done plenty of long trips (longest trip was about 600 miles) with no complaints at all... I haven't done any long trips with the f-sport but they seem fairly similar to the original ones and for my daily commute of about 30 miles, I love them.
Old 09-07-11, 09:38 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

On my '06 with 55k miles, they still look nearly new. Condition the leather every 3 or 4 months. Comfort wise, like a few mentioned, the lumbar support could be improved but otherwise, they're excellent. Longest drives I've done are a few hours and the ventilated seats are definitely a major plus. Keeps the cheeks at just the right temp - not too hot, not too cold.
Old 09-07-11, 09:44 PM
WIZARD1325
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Good to know purchasing in NJ driving it to Florida
Old 09-07-11, 09:56 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

I'm very happy with the comfort of my seats. Even after five years and nine months of use, they are still as cushy and supportive as the day I got the car.

On the other hand, I find the ventilated seats to be worthless. They simply don't move enough air to even be noticeable through my blue jeans and shirt.

Quick Reply: Owners comment on IS seats