IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Front Valence EZ-LIP (front spoiler valence)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-11, 07:03 PM
Johnny43
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Valence EZ-LIP (front spoiler valence)

I was wonder if anyone has done this and I wanted better pics of it.
Heres the site i found it on.
http://ezlip.com/how.html
Attached Thumbnails Front Valence EZ-LIP (front spoiler valence)-lexus4s.jpg  
Old 08-06-11, 07:30 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I did it on my old car (honda prelude). I took it off after a month or two. It looked cheap and tacky. I got the garage door weather stripping thing from home depot.
Old 08-06-11, 07:32 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by InspireME
I did it on my old car (honda prelude). I took it off after a month or two. It looked cheap and tacky. I got the garage door weather stripping thing from home depot.
Exactly...cheap and tacky! and that was on a Honda! You on the other hand drive a Lexus!
Old 08-06-11, 07:36 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks pretty cheap IMO. I would say dont do it! I think that web page shows close ups and no distance shots for a reason...
Old 08-06-11, 08:13 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just get a gfx lip or some aerotech cf splitters if your looking to switch the front end up a bit. Prices are pretty reasonable if budget is an issue.
Old 08-06-11, 08:19 PM
relaxfoo
Lead Lap

damn that's a shady website repackaging garage door weather strip from home depot.
Old 08-07-11, 01:50 PM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

Lol they actually try to brand the home depot lip?
Old 08-07-11, 02:12 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Lmfao. $35 for the kit...

It's like $8 for the strip from home depot. $5 for the double sided tape.

Old 08-07-11, 03:43 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesn't look good on the IS for some reason.
Old 08-07-11, 04:36 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

dont do it! home depot lip
Old 08-08-11, 09:59 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

ROFL at them branding this.
Old 08-08-11, 11:45 AM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I tried it for a month a few months ago, but it tears/scars/damages easily in a couple of days. Not worth it, and it is a PITA to take off.
Old 10-08-11, 02:09 PM
EZLip
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone, looks like there is confusion about the product we offer. Me and my team sell the EZ Lip and have been doing so for over a year now with thousands of satisfied customers. Our ebay feedback will confirm.

The first thing I would like to say is that this product is NOT found in ANY hardware store - GUARANTEED. I will admit, that in the beginning, we sold the Home Depot garage seal manufactured by Thermwell Products. After many buyers complained about the flimsiness of the material (imperfections in the rubber, and flapping around in the wind), we decided to find the best material we could in order to offer the best quality rubber lip. I'm not sure if its true for the rest of the United States, but here in the Pacific Northwest, Lowes changed their MD Products garage seal in late 2010, to one that does NOT work with the 3M tape. In fact, Lowes doesn't even offer the highest quality double-sided 3M tape.

We are so certain that you will like our product that we even offer a full money-back guarantee.

For those of you who have been buying from us, I would like to thank you for your business and mention that we will continue to offer the best available lip for the lowest price. If there is anything we can do to ensure top customer satisfaction we are ready to listen and here to help!
Old 10-08-11, 09:36 PM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Hmm seems like the company took an interest in our community. I'm sure this is a good quality product for some people, but if you read few post back you will notice that most of our members (to include me, and sorry for speaking for everyone guys) here are more into the luxury side of our vehicles than the actual sportiness. I'm sure this would be a great product on my '93 Honda Civic (if I still had it), but since I dropped over 20k on my used IS, I think that day I realized doing "cheap" mods to it would not fly. Lexus is not just a brand of cars, it is also a status symbol for some. Now, if you can come up with something that looks good on an IS, then you might find yourself as an official vendor here Well on that you would need to talk to the important people here I'm just another member :P
Old 10-08-11, 09:43 PM
Gladius
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GilIS250
Hmm seems like the company took an interest in our community. I'm sure this is a good quality product for some people, but if you read few post back you will notice that most of our members (to include me, and sorry for speaking for everyone guys) here are more into the luxury side of our vehicles than the actual sportiness. I'm sure this would be a great product on my '93 Honda Civic (if I still had it), but since I dropped over 20k on my used IS, I think that day I realized doing "cheap" mods to it would not fly. Lexus is not just a brand of cars, it is also a status symbol for some. Now, if you can come up with something that looks good on an IS, then you might find yourself as an official vendor here Well on that you would need to talk to the important people here I'm just another member :P
Quoted for truth.

Quick Reply: Front Valence EZ-LIP (front spoiler valence)