Old 08-04-11, 11:26 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sgv2GIS
tell them you bought a Lexus in the pursuit of perfection
This literally made me LOL.

Originally Posted by raywest
so what should I say to the salesman? "I want it to be perfect?" I don't want to sound rude, so let me know if there is a good way to tell him...
The most important thing is to NOT come off as rude or "stand-offish". Be professional and courteous, but firm - listen to what they have to say and don't interrupt them (and they'll usually do the same for you), and make your argument clear and straight to the point - being wordy doesn't necessarily mean you're building a "fierce" argument.

I'd personally start by taking in the car in and tell them "Hey, thanks for fixing it, but its not perfect and I just paid $40,000 [increase amount if necessary for dramatics, lol] for a BRAND NEW car. The repairs are extremely obvious and is an eyesore on a car I have owned for a week. The work performed to the car is adequate but does not reach my level of satisfaction, and I'd like this repaired looking as if it never happened."

Another thing is to "move up" the dealership ladder - instead of speaking with your sales representative, speak with your dealership's Customer Relations (or something along the lines of that) rep and explain your situation. These people aim to strive for 100% customer satisfaction - sales rep usually DGAF after you've left the lot as they have earned their sale and commission, and they usually consult the sales manager when such issues arise - NOT the CR folks.

If your dealership refuses to budge, don't fear - there's always Lexus Corporate, the mother of all dealerships and customer satisfaction issues.

When I bought my CPO IS last December I didn't realize there was a chip in the windshield until I signed the papers. I had to fight the dealership tooth and nail for a new windshield, but won it in the end. Don't be scared - the worst the dealership can say is no, and that's when you pick up the phone and call their mother.
Old 08-05-11, 01:43 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sgv2GIS
tell them you bought a Lexus in the pursuit of perfection
Hahaha... Good one!!!
Old 08-05-11, 08:13 AM
raywest
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'll just settle, it's too much to trade in for a new vehicle. You can't see any marks on it unless a light shines directly over it.
Old 08-05-11, 08:15 AM
raywest
Driver

felix -thanks, I didn't see that until I posted the last reply. I'm so confused atm as to just leave it or call. Thanks.
Old 08-05-11, 08:53 AM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

felix -thanks, I didn't see that until I posted the last reply. I'm so confused atm as to just leave it or call. Thanks.
Like everyone said you bought a NEW car, so you deserve it to be in new condition. Why settle when you can and should have it fixed properly? Its been bothering you and you'll be happy you fixed it later. If you don't you'll later say "damn why didn't i just fix that when i had the chance?" I hate regretting things!
Old 08-05-11, 09:19 AM
Daganl
Rookie

PLEASE do it.. You will be glad you did! Not necessarily trade it in but make sure that repair is actually done so it's non-existent at LEAST. You bought a brand new car, not even a CPO.. So please do what you need to do.

I think it's safe to say that all of us from the Club Lexus hopes to see this gets rectified for you!
Old 08-05-11, 10:47 AM
raywest
Driver

I spoke to the salesman just now --- I told him that "I bought a new car in pursuit of perfection" lol...he said he totally understands and the only thing he knows he can do is to have my car repainted. Guess I'll stick with that.
Old 08-05-11, 10:57 AM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

I spoke to the salesman just now --- I told him that "I bought a new car in pursuit of perfection" lol...he said he totally understands and the only thing he knows he can do is to have my car repainted. Guess I'll stick with that.
So your getting the entire roof repainted? If so, ask them to paint it black, if your into that look
Old 08-05-11, 11:01 AM
raywest
Driver

Haha... No just that spot I think, but I really dont think it's worth getting the thing repainted, so much involvement and it feels like my car is old. I like everything stock like new, lol. On the good side, my insurance is $180 a month! Weeee
Old 08-05-11, 12:24 PM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Haha... No just that spot I think, but I really dont think it's worth getting the thing repainted, so much involvement and it feels like my car is old. I like everything stock like new, lol. On the good side, my insurance is $180 a month! Weeee
If it really doesn't bother you THAT much then I say leave it. The last thing you want is to strip the factory paint off a new car. There is NO PAINT like the original so if you can deal with the dent for the sake of keeping the original paint I say take that route.
Old 08-05-11, 11:19 PM
raywest
Driver

Originally Posted by nixx621
If it really doesn't bother you THAT much then I say leave it. The last thing you want is to strip the factory paint off a new car. There is NO PAINT like the original so if you can deal with the dent for the sake of keeping the original paint I say take that route.
Yup, I'm leaving it as is. You can't see anything on it unless a light really is shining on it...