IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New IS350 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-11, 07:51 AM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Shoot me a PM. Don't want to hijack OP thread.
Old 07-27-11, 07:54 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats and welcome to CL!
Old 07-27-11, 07:55 AM
yangster
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to CL and congrats on your acquisition! There's a lot of great stuff here on CL. Not meaning to rain on your parade, but you will need to check out the 2011 headlight bubbling thread. Check out your headlights. We also have a new 2011 and am totally bummed by this. We're waiting on Lexus to issue a recall once they figure this out.

Also, if you have any inclination to paint your calipers, now is a great time. You'll still need to clean them, but it's a lot easier. A nice shiny black with the Lexus decal on it would look awesome!

And finally, Thanks for your service! We're originally from the STL area and my brother-in-law was AF and was stationed at Scott at one point.

Enjoy your ride!

Last edited by yangster; 07-27-11 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-27-11, 11:30 AM
TwistaHSH
Driver School Candidate

@yangster...thanks for the info, as I haven't heard about the headlight bubbling issue. It this something from heat or are we talking condensation in the headlamps? Either way I want to keep an eye on it....

Nah, don't think I will paint...but who knows...where do you get the Lexus Emblems? they are nice black now, I could see putting on a decal and shooting it will a gloss clear coat.

And you are welcome...and thanks to the others that thanked me for my service...My wife is still Active Duty here and as I said I am working for the Army COE, so I am still serving but in a much different way. Providing great facilities and infrastructure for the military ;-)

Thanks again!
Old 07-27-11, 11:50 AM
yangster
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by TwistaHSH
@yangster...thanks for the info, as I haven't heard about the headlight bubbling issue. It this something from heat or are we talking condensation in the headlamps? Either way I want to keep an eye on it....

Nah, don't think I will paint...but who knows...where do you get the Lexus Emblems? they are nice black now, I could see putting on a decal and shooting it will a gloss clear coat.

And you are welcome...and thanks to the others that thanked me for my service...My wife is still Active Duty here and as I said I am working for the Army COE, so I am still serving but in a much different way. Providing great facilities and infrastructure for the military ;-)

Thanks again!
Check the thread 2011 Headlamp Bubbling Issue. It's usually on the first page of this forum. It has pics of what is happening. I didn't think we had this on ours until I saw the pics and what to look for. Looks like almost all of the 2011's are affected. I checked our dealers lot and all of their IS's also had it.

On the decal, you can get them on eBay. Just do a search on Lexus Caliper Decal. If you decide to do it, there are many DIY threads on it, both here on CL and on MYIS.com. I didn't like the dull black/gray color of the caliper so I painted it black. Also, the face of the caliper is so big and flat, it's just begging for the Lexus decal!
Attached Thumbnails New IS350 Owner-img_4046.jpg  
Old 07-27-11, 12:28 PM
TwistaHSH
Driver School Candidate

^ gotcha...and it looks good. As you can see from earlier posts my wheels will be Dolphin Grey, so a nice shiny black with emblem will look really nice.
Old 07-27-11, 01:09 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

congrats on the new car and welcome to the club
Old 07-27-11, 01:21 PM
my95tsi
Pole Position

Wow i'm really interested in these Avanti Garde wheels, they look amazing. OP post pictures when you get them installed. Are you lowered at all by chance? I'm just wondering if there will be any rubbing issues with the 19inch rim.
Old 07-27-11, 01:25 PM
MonsterIS
Rookie

congrats on the IS!!!! Welcome to CL!!!
Old 07-27-11, 03:46 PM
DenIS250
Pole Position

congrats on the car and welcome. also thank you for your service. btw those wheels look very nice. I got a set of F14s from Forgestar coming sometime next month that look very similar to the Avants you got. I also got them in the gunmetal color and I think they go great with our white ISs. Keep us updated with pics!
Old 07-27-11, 04:41 PM
Jleesd
Driver School Candidate

Welcome! and just wanted to say that i saw a SGM is250 with the exact same wheels as you today. Answered my question about that they were.
Old 08-01-11, 08:14 PM
TwistaHSH
Driver School Candidate

I the wheels today and installed them in the garage...I will take a pic tomorrow...so far only tints and the wheels, no drop...I like the wheels a lot tho and I took a free way ride then a back road and the ride quality is still pretty good...I can tell a little difference in the acceleration due to the bigger heavier wheels. No rubbing so far...
Old 08-01-11, 08:23 PM
2slixx
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome to CL and nice choice you'll love your car and this forum.. =)
Old 08-02-11, 07:53 AM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Can't wait to see pictures!
Old 08-02-11, 08:29 AM
MamadIS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to CL man, what happened to the pictures that you promised

Quick Reply: New IS350 Owner