IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Question for the 2011 f sport owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-11, 07:06 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Question for the 2011 f sport owners

In particular those of you that came from another 2IS. How is the ride quality compared to the basic IS? It looks like I will probably be getting one next week but my dealer is about 2 1/2 hours away so there will be no test drive until we get there to make the deal. Is there anything else I should know that could potentially change my mind? I know there are no cooled seats and that is the main thing I am disappointed about.

Also to the Ultrasonic Blue owners how easy is this paint to maintain and does it show blemishes easy? I have GFM now and I love it so much that I am leery about trading to a different color.
Old 07-22-11, 07:59 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you looking into the 350? Just wondering cause I seen you have already owned 2, 250s
Old 07-22-11, 08:04 AM
my95tsi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well you can ask anyone with the sport package as that suspension is exactly the same as the 2011 F Sports. I have a 2008 IS350 with the sport package and I came from a 2008 IS250awd and a 2006 IS350 luxury package. I can tell you that the ride is more harsh with the sport suspension but I appreciate it because it handles better and you have more road feel. Is it still a smooth ride? Yes, but you will feel more bumps in the road. I have the F sport springs now and it rides slightly harder than the sport suspension. If you're expecting a smooth bump free lexus ride then you may not like it.
Old 07-22-11, 08:21 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by my95tsi
Well you can ask anyone with the sport package as that suspension is exactly the same as the 2011 F Sports. I have a 2008 IS350 with the sport package and I came from a 2008 IS250awd and a 2006 IS350 luxury package. I can tell you that the ride is more harsh with the sport suspension but I appreciate it because it handles better and you have more road feel. Is it still a smooth ride? Yes, but you will feel more bumps in the road. I have the F sport springs now and it rides slightly harder than the sport suspension. If you're expecting a smooth bump free lexus ride then you may not like it.
I agree. I have a 2011 IS350 F-Sport. The F-sport package suspension does feel stiff. Not too rough though.

Since I had H&R springs installed it is even more stiff.
Old 07-22-11, 08:34 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Wow, trading in already? Why don't you wait for 3IS to see what it looks like?
Old 07-22-11, 08:38 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ride was definitely stiffer feeling, but I've since swapped out the springs to Teins =]

The one thing I notice about mine is that it seems like the cabin noise is louder in my 11 FSport than it was in my 08 IS...I'm not sure if it's just the tires causing the noise or...what it is really. But sometimes I feel like I have the moonroof tilted or a window cracked because of the noise inside, and in reality, the moonroof and all windows are shut tight.
Old 07-22-11, 08:45 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a bit stiffer but worth it... i rarely used the ventilated seats so it wasnt a big deal to me.... what i dont like is the silver stuff instead of wood grain.... BUT ill just buy that later no no biggie
Old 07-22-11, 09:44 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

I don't mind a being able to feel the road, I just want it to be comfortable on long interstate travel. Sounds like it will be fine.

As much as I would love a 350, the price difference is too much and for the driving I typically do it isn't necessary. When I get a 3IS I should be in a position to upgrade to the 350 or it's equivalent.

I am trading because my lease is up I could extend it but they are making me a good offer that I think I should take.

Living in Florida, my ventilated seats stay on so I know I will miss them and my light colored interior.
Old 07-22-11, 09:47 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IntegresS
The ride was definitely stiffer feeling, but I've since swapped out the springs to Teins =]

The one thing I notice about mine is that it seems like the cabin noise is louder in my 11 FSport than it was in my 08 IS...I'm not sure if it's just the tires causing the noise or...what it is really. But sometimes I feel like I have the moonroof tilted or a window cracked because of the noise inside, and in reality, the moonroof and all windows are shut tight.
Now the noise issue might bother me.... Guess I am just going to have to go drive it and if I don't like it just get the base model although I don't like the base rims and bumper without the ground effects.
Old 07-22-11, 09:59 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Instead of modding, you change the car.

Old 07-22-11, 10:16 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
Instead of modding, you change the car.

LOL!

You are not going to hate me when I get that USB F Sport are you??
Old 07-22-11, 10:22 AM
Defender46
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my f sport, the interior sealed the deal for me, I guess its a little stiffer but not at all harsh, also the steering rack is different and feels better. I already have coilovers as well though so the different ride didn't matter.
Old 07-22-11, 10:25 AM
Maxximus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wednesday
I don't mind a being able to feel the road, I just want it to be comfortable on long interstate travel. Sounds like it will be fine.

As much as I would love a 350, the price difference is too much and for the driving I typically do it isn't necessary. When I get a 3IS I should be in a position to upgrade to the 350 or it's equivalent.

I am trading because my lease is up I could extend it but they are making me a good offer that I think I should take.

Living in Florida, my ventilated seats stay on so I know I will miss them and my light colored interior.

Your dealer is letting you lease an f sport?
Old 07-22-11, 10:41 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Maxximus
Your dealer is letting you lease an f sport?
Yes and they also found the color I wanted. Is leasing an F sport not normal?
Old 07-22-11, 10:44 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Defender46
I love my f sport, the interior sealed the deal for me, I guess its a little stiffer but not at all harsh, also the steering rack is different and feels better. I already have coilovers as well though so the different ride didn't matter.
I am glad to hear that you like it, I hope I do too. I keep forgetting to ask about keeping the interior clean, I am worried about the cloth part of the seat, is lint/pet hair a problem?

Quick Reply: Question for the 2011 f sport owners