IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Question for the 2011 f sport owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-11, 10:52 AM
Maxximus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wednesday
Yes and they also found the color I wanted. Is leasing an F sport not normal?
I dunno, I mentioned it my dealer and he gave me an evil eye look like it would have been a problem. he didn't exactly say no but he didn't say yes either

Then I asked about an IS-F, they had some exec demo but they wanted almost full price for it, so I told them I wanted one brand new...they didn't wanna do some work to find the exact car I wanted, it was like they didn't want my business or something.

In the end I got something nicer than an F and will probably just buy out my lease when it's up in a few months
Old 07-22-11, 10:55 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maxximus
I dunno, I mentioned it my dealer and he gave me an evil eye look like it would have been a problem. he didn't exactly say no but he didn't say yes either

Then I asked about an IS-F, they had some exec demo but they wanted almost full price for it, so I told them I wanted one brand new...they didn't wanna do some work to find the exact car I wanted, it was like they didn't want my business or something.

In the end I got something nicer than an F and will probably just buy out my lease when it's up in a few months
Sounds like a crappy dealership. This particular dealer has been good about getting me the car I want and for a better price than the other dealers in my area will offer. This will be my 3rd car from them so it may also be that they want to keep my business.
Old 07-22-11, 11:06 AM
Nycxazn11
Driver School Candidate

Sounds like a crappy dealership. This particular dealer has been good about getting me the car I want and for a better price than the other dealers in my area will offer. This will be my 3rd car from them so it may also be that they want to keep my business.
Which dealership??
Old 07-22-11, 11:11 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Nycxazn11
Which dealership??
I don't know about the crappy one, you will have to ask MAxximus. The dealer I use is Scanlon in Ft. Myers.
Old 07-22-11, 01:27 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am glad to hear that you like it, I hope I do too. I keep forgetting to ask about keeping the interior clean, I am worried about the cloth part of the seat, is lint/pet hair a problem?
LOL omg yesss I keep a lint roller in my car otherwise, I have white fur on seats from this little monster:

Now the noise issue might bother me.... Guess I am just going to have to go drive it and if I don't like it just get the base model although I don't like the base rims and bumper without the ground effects.
Oh to clarify, this is only on the freeway. On the surface streets, it's fine, but on the freeway I always think I forgot to close the moonroof all the way because of the noise.
Old 07-22-11, 01:32 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IntegresS
LOL omg yesss I keep a lint roller in my car otherwise, I have white fur on seats from this little monster:

Oh to clarify, this is only on the freeway. On the surface streets, it's fine, but on the freeway I always think I forgot to close the moonroof all the way because of the noise.
Oh my gosh, CUTE!! I have a cat so that is why I asked, I will probably be going crazy trying to keep this car clean....

I wonder if anyone else has this noise issue on the freeway? I want a comfortable freeway cruiser.
Old 07-22-11, 01:33 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IntegresS

Lol! you let your little friend in the passenger seat ?
Old 07-22-11, 02:36 PM
gtbreeze
Driver School Candidate

Seriously - my SGM F-Sport comes next week and those fake suede seats + a fluffy shiba inu (ref: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/the...uppy-yuki.html) is a nightmare waiting to happen. Still haven't found a classy enough seat cover for the back to put her in yet either.
Old 07-22-11, 03:04 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh my gosh, CUTE!! I have a cat so that is why I asked, I will probably be going crazy trying to keep this car clean....

I wonder if anyone else has this noise issue on the freeway? I want a comfortable freeway cruiser.
^_^ Yep, definitely keep a little travel-sized lint roller in the car and you'll be fine I haven't heard or seen any other mention of cabin noise on the freeway, so it could just be mine =/

Originally Posted by Sango
Lol! you let your little friend in the passenger seat ?
Heheh no, he doesn't like car rides but any fur of his that happens to be on my back, butt, legs, arms, etc...ends up on my seats haha

Originally Posted by gtbreeze
Seriously - my SGM F-Sport comes next week and those fake suede seats + a fluffy shiba inu (ref: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/the...uppy-yuki.html) is a nightmare waiting to happen. Still haven't found a classy enough seat cover for the back to put her in yet either.
Oohhh!!! Yes, get a seat cover or prepare to clean a lot of fur haha these seats are like a magnet for fur and lint, but boy do they look good when then are clean
Old 07-22-11, 06:18 PM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont have an F-sport but I do have a 2011 and it rides pretty quiet.
Old 07-22-11, 06:30 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I lub mine. The leather on the front seats are starting to wrinkle though T_T
Old 07-22-11, 06:33 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by InspireME
I lub mine. The leather on the front seats are starting to wrinkle though T_T
Looks like you have the USB, how is the paint? How bad does it show scratches and dirt?
Old 07-22-11, 06:34 PM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

Sorry i dont have a F Sport but do have a 2011 IS 250 and it's very , very quiet and is a nice cruiser on the highway Good luck !!
Old 07-22-11, 07:17 PM
crazybuggy
Racer

the ride on an F-Sport is noticeably different. harsher but i dont mind it.
Old 07-22-11, 07:21 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by crazybuggy
the ride on an F-Sport is noticeably different. harsher but i dont mind it.
I am starting to think I might like it, especially on some twisty roads. It might even almost compare to my old 944... me and that car had some good times together.

Quick Reply: Question for the 2011 f sport owners