IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Question about leasing a 2011

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-11, 02:01 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Question about leasing a 2011

My lease is up on my IS in early October and the dealer has called and offered to get a new 2011 IS F Sport with nav in the color I want for $526 down and a payment of $541.00 per month. My current car is about 10k below my allowed mileage right now.

I was going to extend my lease for 6 months to see if they offered any new colors and options for 2012 but if this is a good deal then maybe I should do it. Do you guys think this is a good deal, should I do it? I have to let her know because I want the USB color and they are difficult to find.
Old 07-19-11, 02:28 PM
yangster
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds pretty good, but it's hard to tell without the numbers (i.e. capitalized cost, length of term, residuals, etc). They are probably utilizing some of their profit and some Lexus marketing dollars to buydown the rate. This is pretty common at model year change. Although it is a little surprising given the shortage of new vehicles that we keep hearing about. I would check edmunds.com to see if Lexus is offering any incentives and use that plus the dealer mark-up (allow a little for profit if you're nice) to get to a capitalized cost. This is the cost or price that the dealer should be basing his terms on. Then you can hopefully start to compare apples to apples.

How does it compare to your current lease? I'm not sure what the price differences are between the 2 model years, but this is something else to take into consideration.

There are a lot of other things that you need to know, but this should be a good starter.
Old 07-19-11, 02:36 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by yangster
It sounds pretty good, but it's hard to tell without the numbers (i.e. capitalized cost, length of term, residuals, etc). They are probably utilizing some of their profit and some Lexus marketing dollars to buydown the rate. This is pretty common at model year change. Although it is a little surprising given the shortage of new vehicles that we keep hearing about. I would check edmunds.com to see if Lexus is offering any incentives and use that plus the dealer mark-up (allow a little for profit if you're nice) to get to a capitalized cost. This is the cost or price that the dealer should be basing his terms on. Then you can hopefully start to compare apples to apples.

How does it compare to your current lease? I'm not sure what the price differences are between the 2 model years, but this is something else to take into consideration.

There are a lot of other things that you need to know, but this should be a good starter.
Thanks I will check on edmunds. Comparing it to my current lease, the payments would be $15.00 more per month and we put down several thousand on the current lease. I really like the car I am in and am happy to extend my lease and I told the salesperson as much. I told her to email me some numbers because I don't make decisions based on someone's word alone.
Old 07-19-11, 02:38 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's really a personal choice here. If your not having any issues with your car, and your sure your not gonna go over the mileage by then, i would just keep it if i was in your shoes. I'm not sure about extending it out just to see about the colors for 2012, but that might be a good idea too. But then again, if this is the color you want, and the car is loaded the way you want, it might be a good chance to get out and upgrade....Not an expert on leasing prices or anything so i'll let someone else comment on whether thats a good deal for an F-Sport or not. Is it a 250 or 350 F-Sport?
Old 07-19-11, 02:42 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

It is a 250 F Sport (my current car is a 250.) I don't know what I want to do, I love my car but I know I have to give it up eventually anyway. The F sports do look nice, on the other hand I will be losing my cooled seats but I will get a better nav system and a powered better Ipod connection. Decisions, decisions...
Old 07-19-11, 02:46 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Extend it and wait for the 3IS.
Old 07-19-11, 02:47 PM
birador
Lead Lap

receiving a call coming from a dealer for a coming leased expiration is normal because they can sell your leased car on a higher price than if you buy out your leased car,the buy out price is much lower compare when you trade in your car so if you go to the last month of your leased then plan to trade it in with a different dealer,most of the time the value of your car is much higher than what you owe when they appraised it.and the thing that you don't drive your leased car that much is a good sign on them.if you already satisfied with your current car right now think about buying it,it will save you money and those money can use to upgrade your ride since for near future they will introduce a new IS generation that is much better and you have the advantage to trade in your car will less or no negative value.
Old 07-19-11, 02:56 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by brociouz
Extend it and wait for the 3IS.
I don't think I can extend it long enough to get into a 3IS, from what I have read on here they will only do 6 months? If I do get the 2011 I will probably get out of that lease early because I will be graduating college with an engineering degree in the spring which hopefully will allow me to get a 3IS 350. So it may be better to go ahead and get into a new lease.

And for the suggestion of buying, as much as I would like to own it I got burned the last time I bought a car...had someone hit it and do frame damage which cost me a lot of money in depreciation. Drivers around here are complete idiots and I just feel safer knowing I can turn it in at the end of the lease and I am not out anything.
Old 07-19-11, 03:32 PM
eshay
Driver School Candidate

If I were you, I would check with your sales person about the IS F Sport 250. The last time I saw the build sheets, the F Sport was only available on the 350. It is my understanding that you cant even order an F Sport 250. Please let me know if I am wrong. -- they would extend the lease for 6 months at a time. After your first 6 months, it would be up to the lender on the lease. So long as your credit has stayed good, they would most likely continue extending your lease.
Old 07-19-11, 03:35 PM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i got my 2010 250 in my color for $364.15/mo, $0.00 down. This was 8 months ago
Old 07-19-11, 03:37 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by eshay
If I were you, I would check with your sales person about the IS F Sport 250. The last time I saw the build sheets, the F Sport was only available on the 350. It is my understanding that you cant even order an F Sport 250. Please let me know if I am wrong. -- they would extend the lease for 6 months at a time. After your first 6 months, it would be up to the lender on the lease. So long as your credit has stayed good, they would most likely continue extending your lease.
F Sport 250's are available and I know where the one is that they are going to try to get for me because ones in the color I want are relatively rare.

The lease extension being 6 months at a time is good to know, thanks!

I think they are giving me a decent deal so I may go ahead to keep from having to buy new tires and that would allow me to wait until the 3IS has been out for a little while to trade up.
Old 07-19-11, 03:38 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ThermonMer
i got my 2010 250 in my color for $364.15/mo, $0.00 down. This was 8 months ago
How was yours optioned? The True market value on this one over 38k having the f sport and nav. Thanks
Old 07-19-11, 03:39 PM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wednesday
How was yours optioned? The True market value on this one over 38k having the f sport and nav. Thanks
sticker was 34,xxx
Old 07-20-11, 12:07 AM
sushiboi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ThermonMer
sticker was 34,xxx
Wow your monthly is low! I feel so played. I wish I would have done a little more research before I leased at the first dealership.

OP.. That's one thing you might wanna look into. There are certain dealerships that offer special offers and leasing options.
Old 07-20-11, 06:47 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There seem to be quite a few people here knowledgeable about leases. Can anyone help answer my questions posted here? https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6546614-post14.html

Quick Reply: Question about leasing a 2011