S2k tips no GFX

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-11, 05:45 PM
JapanRot
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by felixsc300
Very nice, looks OEM.
Thanks that's exactly what I was going for, oem plus lol.
Old 07-13-11, 10:59 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

I've seriously considered these tips and I'm glad you posted pics. I'd say overall they look very good. But like how I saw once in person, I don't like how much the sides show. They seem too long, even when you mash them in all the way. Mercedes tips are like this too and it reminds me of cheaper aftermarker tips you find at auto parts stores. My goal would be a pure OEM look, but with a thicker rim and slightly larger overall. Still haven't found something like that that didn't have the long sleeve or pipe look.
Old 07-14-11, 04:48 AM
JapanRot
Rookie

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I've seriously considered these tips and I'm glad you posted pics. I'd say overall they look very good. But like how I saw once in person, I don't like how much the sides show. They seem too long, even when you mash them in all the way. Mercedes tips are like this too and it reminds me of cheaper aftermarker tips you find at auto parts stores. My goal would be a pure OEM look, but with a thicker rim and slightly larger overall. Still haven't found something like that that didn't have the long sleeve or pipe look.
Well I see where you are coming from but any exhaust tip you put on it will show on the side because our bumper curves a certain way that exposes part of the side. The length on these tips is like an inch difference than the stock ones but the stock ones still show on the sides they just look super small compared to these.
Old 07-14-11, 04:59 AM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow -- that's a nice option besides GFX tips. Looks good!
Even without a lip kit, it's quite clean...
Old 07-14-11, 05:17 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GilIS250
^^^meangene, can you post a pic of your rear? Wondering what they difference is
Ya I'll have a pic up later today!
Old 07-14-11, 05:35 AM
JapanRot
Rookie

Originally Posted by karasha
Wow -- that's a nice option besides GFX tips. Looks good!
Even without a lip kit, it's quite clean...
Thanks. I know myself I'll probably end up getting a GFX kit for the rear anyway lol.
Old 07-14-11, 06:15 AM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JapanRot
Thanks. I know myself I'll probably end up getting a GFX kit for the rear anyway lol.
Do it! That's a pretty modest upgrade... Would compliment the look you're going for. I understand not wanting to go all out because it's a lease, but might as well enjoy yourself a little.
Old 07-14-11, 06:49 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Looks pretty damn good. I was thinking about these as well.

Are you going to be able to easily remove them? Since they needed to be smacked on? I'm scared I'd get them on there, hammer and they would turn a bit and I would be stuck.
Old 07-14-11, 07:18 AM
JapanRot
Rookie

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
Looks pretty damn good. I was thinking about these as well.

Are you going to be able to easily remove them? Since they needed to be smacked on? I'm scared I'd get them on there, hammer and they would turn a bit and I would be stuck.
I mean they are on there pretty good but you can always get a 2x4 wood chunk wedge it against the back side of the tip and beat them off and slide your stock tips back on. It will probably take some effort but it's defiantly reversible.
Old 07-14-11, 07:20 AM
JapanRot
Rookie

Originally Posted by karasha
Do it! That's a pretty modest upgrade... Would compliment the look you're going for. I understand not wanting to go all out because it's a lease, but might as well enjoy yourself a little.
I'm sure I will wake up one day and it will hit me that I need a GFX rear lol but as one of my earlier posts said I'm really in the market for a front lip which I don't think they make yet for the 2011 front bumper.
Old 07-15-11, 10:36 PM
Secksee
Lead Lap

dang that look real good
Old 07-15-11, 10:43 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

how did you put that tips all the way in? I tried everything, but no luck I hope my ap2 tips stick in a little more
Old 07-15-11, 10:46 PM
JapanRot
Rookie

Originally Posted by Secksee
dang that look real good
Thank dude.
Old 07-15-11, 10:58 PM
JapanRot
Rookie

Originally Posted by ohiois350
how did you put that tips all the way in? I tried everything, but no luck I hope my ap2 tips stick in a little more
Well the trick to get them to slide in up against the muffler pan. But to do that you need to bend a little bit of metal. First off if you notice when you slide off your stock tip that on the muffler pipe itself there are raised ridges in the metal to hold the clips on the stock tips in place. You need to get a decent set of pliers and bent them all in until they are as flat as they get. Next what I did was slide the s2k tips on and force them on a little to see where they scrape and get stuck. What I had to do was use the pliers to make the overall diameter of the actual exhaust pipe a millimeter smaller to get the s2k tip to slide on, which still will require a decent amount of force. After I used a 3LB rubber hammer, but before you start beating the tips with the mallet be sure you get them on straight and keep them that way because there is no adjusting them after that. If anything just pm me, I'll be happy to help you as much as I can. (Not sure if the explanation above is clear enough lol)
Old 07-15-11, 11:04 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

thanks, that what i was thinking about to claim in those bump on exhaust pipe and slide the s2k in more, right now it flush with my GFX rear from the top view, but the side view still show, all i want to push in 2 more inch, and iam good

Quick Reply: S2k tips no GFX