Originally Posted by DigitalDon
Where does the line start?
behind me hahaha...
Old 11-28-11, 01:25 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
Plus I hate anyone else touching my car. Esp dealerships. Somehow techs find a way to drop somthing or dent somthing or scratch something.
I feel the same way about the dealership.

Another thing I'm wondering about is that since I have the 3M clear film for rock protection on my headlights, I'd have to get those re-done if my headlights were to be replaced. I have this feeling the dealership will not put the film on for me or cover the cost of getting it re-done since I had a place outside of the dealership do them.

Great to hear Lexus is finally addressing this issue though. The ripples look strange but at least the surface is still smooth.
Old 11-28-11, 06:42 PM
kamileon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Sango;6848922]Ok, that solves my concerns. I assume when they do this TSB, they replace both and not just one of them if they are replacing the one that has a bubble while another does not? That would not be right.

With this TSB, would they be able to replace units which are not experiencing the symptom as a precaution?[/QUOTE
Im not sure if one or both headlights will be replaced probably both but idk. Theres no such thing as a tsb warranty precaution. Thats like doing a dash rattle tsb when you have no rattles...yet.
Old 11-28-11, 08:37 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=kamileon;6849798]
Originally Posted by Sango
Ok, that solves my concerns. I assume when they do this TSB, they replace both and not just one of them if they are replacing the one that has a bubble while another does not? That would not be right.

With this TSB, would they be able to replace units which are not experiencing the symptom as a precaution?[/QUOTE
Im not sure if one or both headlights will be replaced probably both but idk. Theres no such thing as a tsb warranty precaution. Thats like doing a dash rattle tsb when you have no rattles...yet.
Broke my quotes aww!

Actually, that's what Lexus did. They did rattle TSB on my dash when my dash did not have a problem however they were advised as per TAS to perform the TSB on my car when it was the cluster that had the rattle, not the dash.
Old 11-29-11, 03:41 AM
aaquino3
Driver School Candidate

AH geez!! after reading this thread, i went and check on mine earlier today and those damn bubbles are on there bummer
Old 11-29-11, 07:38 AM
reset2k
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sango
Broke my quotes aww!

Actually, that's what Lexus did. They did rattle TSB on my dash when my dash did not have a problem however they were advised as per TAS to perform the TSB on my car when it was the cluster that had the rattle, not the dash.
I too have something rattling (sounds like it's coming from the front) and my rear speaker cover sounds like it's rattling as well. They have a TSB about rattle issues? Do you have a link to it by chance?

Thanks
Old 11-29-11, 07:57 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by reset2k
I too have something rattling (sounds like it's coming from the front) and my rear speaker cover sounds like it's rattling as well. They have a TSB about rattle issues? Do you have a link to it by chance?

Thanks
Unfortunately, I do not have the link as I have to search it - even if I did, it is not applicable for the 2011+ cars.

The only reason they performed it was I came in for a instrument cluster rattle - then when they were trying to fix it, they were hearing rattles coming from the steering wheel airbag area and had some difficulties trying to fix it. When they contacted TAS, they advised them to perform the dash TSB even thou it did not qualify as a precaution.

I sort of complained about that because that is extra work which was not needed because I did not have a problem with the dash - it was the cluster and steering.

As for the steering airbag area, they could not quite get rid of the noise either and then they said the sound was normal. I finally got it fixed last weekend back in Canada as they seemed to have found the problem. Apparently some clips were missing so the put them in an insulated the area - it's all gone!

Last edited by Sango; 11-29-11 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-29-11, 08:01 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yay!!!! My headlights have rock chips in them anyway, so I'll gladly take the replacements ^_^
Old 11-29-11, 09:28 AM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

This is happening to my month and a half old 2011. I hardly ever park out in the sun. Is it possible its due to the headlight bulb blaring on it? That was my understanding...
Old 11-29-11, 11:36 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What a riot.....introducing ripples to prevent bubbles....

Better fix might be to stick a black tape, fashionably) to prevent the sunlight getting to the lense.

Or EyeLids...
Old 11-29-11, 04:42 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chikoo
What a riot.....introducing ripples to prevent bubbles....

Better fix might be to stick a black tape, fashionably) to prevent the sunlight getting to the lense.

Or EyeLids...
I think this is the solution LOL

They shown that on Jay Leno's Headlines segment!

Old 11-29-11, 05:30 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not feeling the "ripples" but also not happy with the bubbles on my headlights -.-
Old 11-29-11, 05:37 PM
Cuztom350
Driver

Sure enough I go outside to see after reading this and there are little ripples forming, my car only has 1,700 miles so no bubbles yet.
I will have to go see the new headlights in person, see if they look ok.
Old 11-30-11, 12:37 AM
pchan0
Lead Lap

Some better pictures,

^ Yah, they do look like eye lashes...
Old 11-30-11, 12:45 AM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

The new lens look stupid imo.. why don't they just replace the bubbling black coating with something more durable.

Quick Reply: 2011 Headlamp Bubbling Defect