IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2011 Headlamp Bubbling Defect

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-11, 01:25 PM
CurryPot
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
So are they replacing them with the same OEM headlights? Or has Lexus made some "new and improved" headlights?
I don't know. I'm just delighted to be getting a new set without having to bang my fist on the desk and shout real loud.
Old 11-23-11, 01:40 PM
CurryPot
Driver

Originally Posted by Wunko
Great to hear they helped you out! Maybe your service advisor was real nice or yours was bubbled really bad because when I went to LOS the service advisor said my headlights were not bad enough to warranty.
Quite bad, I guess I should dig out my camera and post a picture. That said, I have always had awesome service at Lexus of Seattle. When I had my ISF, the clear coat on the rear wheel had flaked off a little in a couple locations. Again, they looked at it and realized it was not my fault and not normal wear and tear. They replaced the wheel! And those puppies are $1800 each.

Guess I should be lucky to have such a responsive dealership on my door step. Sorry about your experience. Still can't get over how much these things cost. Wow!

On a side note, I bought the car from Lexus of Bellevue, which is a monster dealership. Looks like a shopping mall! When I called to book it for the 5K service, they transferred me to the service department where the phone just rang and rang then bounced me back to the front desk. She said did no one pickup? And I responded no, it's ok, I'll call Lexus of Seattle. Sorry Lexus of Bellevue. I did let them know later on about my experience but got no feedback which was a little surprising.

So yes, I think you can have a dealership that is more customer driven compared to others.

It's easy to talk about bad experiences, but thought it would be nice to mention a good experience for once. Even thought about starting a thread where folks could talk about their positive experiences and naming the dealership in the notes.
Old 11-23-11, 05:52 PM
Hoac
Pole Position

I just found this thread today. I've got a 6 month old is350 and checked them out today for this and ... sigh ... wth... massive bubbles all over the black coating! Will be notifying the dealer about this asap.

Add me to the list

So if they are replacing them with new OEM ones. Am I going to have to go get new headlights every 3 or 4 months.... lol
Old 11-24-11, 12:15 AM
KhangIS250
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CurryPot
Quite bad, I guess I should dig out my camera and post a picture. That said, I have always had awesome service at Lexus of Seattle. When I had my ISF, the clear coat on the rear wheel had flaked off a little in a couple locations. Again, they looked at it and realized it was not my fault and not normal wear and tear. They replaced the wheel! And those puppies are $1800 each.

Guess I should be lucky to have such a responsive dealership on my door step. Sorry about your experience. Still can't get over how much these things cost. Wow!

On a side note, I bought the car from Lexus of Bellevue, which is a monster dealership. Looks like a shopping mall! When I called to book it for the 5K service, they transferred me to the service department where the phone just rang and rang then bounced me back to the front desk. She said did no one pickup? And I responded no, it's ok, I'll call Lexus of Seattle. Sorry Lexus of Bellevue. I did let them know later on about my experience but got no feedback which was a little surprising.

So yes, I think you can have a dealership that is more customer driven compared to others.

It's easy to talk about bad experiences, but thought it would be nice to mention a good experience for once. Even thought about starting a thread where folks could talk about their positive experiences and naming the dealership in the notes.
Yes you are lucky. I bought my car at Lexus of Tacoma where I later showed the service manager the headlights bubbling defect, he said he will give me a call which never did. My car also has the window rattle issue and the tech there blamed it on the window tint, which I did not agree with. I should take my car to Lexus of Seattle next time then...
Old 11-28-11, 05:11 AM
kamileon
Driver School Candidate

A tsb is comming out soon. New headlights are available. Some 2012 models already have them. They changed the lens to leaken the direct light onto the projector.
old lense
new lense
You will see ripples in the lense

Last edited by kamileon; 11-28-11 at 05:21 AM. Reason: added pictures
Old 11-28-11, 05:14 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any noticable differences in looks?
Old 11-28-11, 05:20 AM
kamileon
Driver School Candidate

Old 11-28-11, 06:04 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Hmm....any pics from a different angle? Looks kinda ugly from that angle, may not be to noticeable.
Old 11-28-11, 06:17 AM
Gymniac
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kamileon
A tsb is comming out soon. New headlights are available. Some 2012 models already have them. They changed the lens to leaken the direct light onto the projector.
old lense
new lense
You will see ripples in the lense
Source please?
Old 11-28-11, 06:20 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Almost looked like the lenes is warped lol!! Need larger and clearer pictures if possible.
Old 11-28-11, 06:21 AM
kamileon
Driver School Candidate

Source? I work at lexus. I noticed new headlight on new 2012 car. At different angle it isnt that noticable thats why i took picture in that angle
Old 11-28-11, 06:22 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

So that would make you the source lol. What do you do at Lexus? Could you take some more pics at different angles please?
Old 11-28-11, 06:24 AM
kamileon
Driver School Candidate

I will try to take more pictures but that car went for delivery. Ill find another 2012
Old 11-28-11, 07:07 AM
yangster
Pit Crew

Smile

Originally Posted by kamileon
I will try to take more pictures but that car went for delivery. Ill find another 2012
Thanks for the update kamileon!! Please post once the TSB gets issued. Then we can all go in for new lights! Hope the warehouse has a lot in stock.
Old 11-28-11, 07:32 AM
kamileon
Driver School Candidate

Im a tech. The last conference call said tsb comming soon. They have the headlights just waiting to stock them in warehouses to make them available to everyone.

Quick Reply: 2011 Headlamp Bubbling Defect