IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Are factory demo cars safe to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-11, 06:04 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove 3 hours for my is250.... Have them send you all the paperwork. The dealer I bought mine from made me give them a credit card to hold the price. Once I get there I inspected the car, drove it around and signed the paperwork. It was a really smooth transaction.

Document everything and make sure they send you the paperwork with the price
Old 07-01-11, 06:15 AM
yangster
Pit Crew

Have them send you the invoice via email. They do this all the time. You can then see the description for color and all the options on it. Also, you can agree on the price and have something a little more firm than telephone conversation.
Old 07-01-11, 08:24 AM
Chow
Pit Crew

My dealer said they were not getting any more 2011 F sports here in the midwest. So I would have to take the red or the blue that are available or wait until 2012 models roll out. If you can wait 3-4 more months you will get a 2012 model for just a bit more.
Old 07-01-11, 05:17 PM
isdouble
Rookie

They sent me some of the pictures with the window sticker. It is indeed a new IS350 F Sport Black on Black. The price of the new car is $42700 + TTL - $1000 Loyal Incentive where as the factory demo is at $40000 + TTL - $1000 Loyal Incentive. I might buy the factory demo one if they are willing to do it for $39000 which is about $4000 save if not, I'll probably buy the new one. Honestly, I've been thinking alot about the factory demo one and if the condition is no less than a new one, I don't think it's that bad of a choice. I mean Lexus is known for reliability and the warranty starts when I do purchase the vehicle so that's 4 years worry free. If anything, I can always buy the extended warranty as well. I should know for sure very soon.
Old 07-02-11, 07:35 PM
isdouble
Rookie

Just to give you guys heads up. I decided to buy the factory demo one since they were willing to give a bit more off. I saved about $3750ish which was pretty worth it. Car was immaculate inside out. Just a crappy cell picture for now. Will take some more later!
Old 07-02-11, 08:03 PM
Maxximus
Driver

gratz on your purchase
Old 07-02-11, 08:14 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well congrats on your purchase

Definitely looks hot
Old 07-03-11, 08:24 AM
ColtM4A3
Pole Position

Congrats!!! You're pretty safe buying a demo. Unlike rental / loaner cars the person driving a demo has their job on the line if they do something stupid in it. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but the odds don't favor it.
Old 07-03-11, 01:48 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice! Hope to see more pictures soon of your black F-Sport!
Old 07-03-11, 02:51 PM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on your purchase, I think you did good. There's a couple of things to consider which may make you feel better.

First of all, the demo cars are usually used by the upper staff of Lexus and they HAVE to take care of it and not abuse it. They HAVE to have it serviced and if it was from Torrence, I betcha it was serviced at that place where only the Lexus staff bring their cars for the best of the best work. Look inside the drivers side door jamb and see if there is a sticker that says TMS in blue letters. That's proof that it has been serviced there.

Also, demo cars are just that. Many times they are custom ordered (so it can be demonstrated) and have little things on them that other cars don't.

You are very lucky to get one of those.
Old 07-03-11, 03:31 PM
isdouble
Rookie

Yes I am very lucky to find this vehicle at this time! I'm not sure if the dealership was trying to make me feel better but when I was signing the paper works, there was a paper that indicated that it was used by a Lexus Executive. Not sure if this is true but the car was in perfect condition except a bit of scuffs on the door handle and my bluetooth isn't working. My phone detects the car but whenever I try to connect, my phone says "bluetooth headset disconnected". I'm going to try with another phone later as well as the TMS. Thanks for the advice. I'm so in love with this car. I went out for a night drive yesterday and I ended up driving around for 2 hours. This car is just amazing inside and out!
Old 07-03-11, 04:08 PM
TASGX10
Driver School Candidate

Good Move..I know you will be glad you did..The F-Sport is getting hard to find..The black is really tough to locate here in MD...I got the Starfire Pearl but had to wait..I only saved a couple of grand off MSRP.
Old 07-03-11, 08:08 PM
IS_F2008
Driver School Candidate

To register a portable Bluetooth player you must do the following

1 hit the Setup button. Then select audio. Select Bluetooth audio settings. Once you have selected that next select register and just follow the step where it requires you to input a pass code. If successful it will say connection successful. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 07-03-11, 08:20 PM
isdouble
Rookie

^ Thanks but is this the way to set up bluetooth for the phone? I see that you mentioned bluetooth player. Maybe I should actually read the owner's manual soon.
Old 07-03-11, 10:07 PM
IS_F2008
Driver School Candidate

To set up the Bluetooth for you phone hit the off hook button. It is the phone button on the steering wheel. When you hit that button it should ask you if you want to connect a phone. When you hit yes then get you mobile phone and go to the Bluetooth settings and add device. It will search for the Bluetooth signal and it will ask you for the pass code. Enter the pass code that is on the Navigation screen. Once paired it will says successful connection.

Quick Reply: Are factory demo cars safe to buy?