IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Test Drove a Used IS350 need some input

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-11, 01:57 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MamadIS
Very nice thread;that is exactly what i have been looking for. I just called the lexus dealership where the car was originally bought from and they are not giving me any info on past service records. do you guys know how i can get that stuff? the car was traded in at hyundai dealership and those guys don't have the records (that is what they're claiming).
In the US you can register the VIN at Lexus.com and see all previous service records (done at any lexus dealership anyway- not private shops)

Don't know if Lexus Canada has such a system though.
Old 06-22-11, 06:23 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MamadIS
Very nice thread;that is exactly what i have been looking for. I just called the lexus dealership where the car was originally bought from and they are not giving me any info on past service records. do you guys know how i can get that stuff? the car was traded in at hyundai dealership and those guys don't have the records (that is what they're claiming).
Like Kurtz said above. I discuss this in the Buyer's Guide thread and even provide a link. All you need is the VIN. Of course this is contingent upon Lexus Canada being the same as Lexus USA, but I wouldn't see any reason to believe it's different. The Hyundai dealership isn't lying, they wouldn't have the info - it's Lexus dealer specific. But you should be able to go to the link I provided in the thread, sign up and use the VIN of the car you're considering and obtain the service records.

I'd also ask for CarFax and Autocheck if you haven't already - the service history you'd obtain from Lexus.com is only for things done at Lexus dealers.
Old 06-22-11, 07:52 PM
ddhleigh
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
In the US you can register the VIN at Lexus.com and see all previous service records (done at any lexus dealership anyway- not private shops)

Don't know if Lexus Canada has such a system though.
Yup, Lexus Canada also has it. Services through Lexus and Toyota dealerships track by VIN in their linked database.
Old 06-22-11, 08:59 PM
Enginerd
Driver

Just a reminder, the ECU learns the drivers habits, i tend to drive on the aggressive side and "get on" my car several times a day. As a result my throttle response seems fairly "touchy" until i do some maintenance requiring disconnecting the battery resulting in the ECU being reset. Then it takes a week or two of driving for the car to return to what seems "normal" to me. If you search around you will find posts where folks complain that their car feels "sluggish" after the battery has been disconnected for a while...
Old 06-23-11, 05:46 AM
MamadIS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you guys talking about this page:
https://www.lexus.ca/lexus/experienc...f_register.jsp
cause i tried to register there and it didn't work. I think it checks for address and name too which in my case didn't match up.

Originally Posted by calvin2376
Like Kurtz said above. I discuss this in the Buyer's Guide thread and even provide a link. All you need is the VIN. Of course this is contingent upon Lexus Canada being the same as Lexus USA, but I wouldn't see any reason to believe it's different. The Hyundai dealership isn't lying, they wouldn't have the info - it's Lexus dealer specific. But you should be able to go to the link I provided in the thread, sign up and use the VIN of the car you're considering and obtain the service records.

I'd also ask for CarFax and Autocheck if you haven't already - the service history you'd obtain from Lexus.com is only for things done at Lexus dealers.
Old 06-23-11, 07:18 AM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

If you want to give me the VIN, I have one of those Lexus.com accounts and Ill post up what services have been done.
Old 06-26-11, 09:29 AM
MamadIS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guys, i went for my second test drive even with ect power on it wasn't shifting down. so i was on the fifth gear going at around 40 miles and when i floored, the transmission didn't shift down. am i missing something here? so i kept driving in s mode cause then i could downshift to proper gear. however since i loved the exterior and interior of the car and the overall drive i put a deposit down . now i cant wait till i pick up the car. all the brakes has been changed, fresh oil, clean filter, meaty winter and summer tires and rims. rims are tenzo type M in bronze finish. looks damn good. i will upload pics as soon as i pick the car. i am also deciding on getting this extended warranty or not ( see my other thread if you want to help me out decide )
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...need-help.html

please share more input about transmission not shifting down