IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Is it totaled?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-11, 07:31 PM
evs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it totaled?

Hey guys, got involved in an accident yesterday which wasn't my fault. I'm almost sure the car will be declared a total loss but I've had several people telling me that they think it can be fixed. Airbags didn't go off but their seems to be a lot of damage. I'm in Miami if it makes any difference... thanks for the response.
Attached Thumbnails Is it totaled?-rsz_1lexus_is.jpg  
Old 06-10-11, 07:33 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

glad your alright but it looks like it is
Old 06-10-11, 07:35 PM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wierd airbag didnt go off. id get as much cash i can get from insurance
Old 06-10-11, 07:36 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it'll buff out
Old 06-10-11, 07:37 PM
Fuzzie
Lead Lap

damn... if the frame is still good then its not totaled...

ITS TOTALED
Old 06-10-11, 07:52 PM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't think it's totaled the fenders seem to be in good shape and the bumper being on the floor makes it look far worse.

If you need a good body shop i can recommend the one that fixed my car for me when I got rear ended.
Old 06-10-11, 07:55 PM
evs
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. I'm thinking airbags didn't deploy since the accident wasn't anywhere near a front collision. I was hit almost completely sideways on the front end of the car.

I looked only for pricing on my vehicle and according to Edmunds price was 18,500 and KBB states 21,000. Is it likely that the insurance will give me an amount between those two, or is it possible that I'll receive less than that?
Old 06-10-11, 07:55 PM
Pnthrzrule
Pit Crew

Why are you asking us vs. an auto body shop? A total loss technically means that it would cost more to fix the car than it would to completely [I]replace[I] the car itself according to the replacement/blue book values. If the blue book value is less than the repairs then the insurance company will just give you a check for the blue book amount and send you on your merry way. So anyone besides a professional body shop telling you it's totalled really doesn't know what they are talking about. Have it evaluated by a professional.
Old 06-10-11, 07:56 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

sorry yu got in a accident.
Old 06-10-11, 08:28 PM
Salduchi
Driver

Originally Posted by Pnthrzrule
Why are you asking us vs. an auto body shop? A total loss technically means that it would cost more to fix the car than it would to completely [I]replace[I] the car itself according to the replacement/blue book values. If the blue book value is less than the repairs then the insurance company will just give you a check for the blue book amount and send you on your merry way. So anyone besides a professional body shop telling you it's totalled really doesn't know what they are talking about. Have it evaluated by a professional.
Incorrect, Incorrect and finally Incorrect. Insurance companies total out vehicles at either 70 or 80 percent of the market value of the vehicle depending on the particular company. We NEVER EVAR use "Book Value" on vehicles, NEVAR!!!!. Therefore you won't get a check based on Book Value either.

(BB is just a guide that gives a rough idea of value. The only people that use books are banking/lending institutions. The only way to ascertain the actual value of an item is to locate actual comparables that are for sale. Therefore insurers use services such as CCC which located comparable vehicles and provide carriers with a much more accurate value. Furthermore when the owner of the vehicle disputes value the adjuster will have to provide verifiable comps with telephone numbers, location, price etc. Can't very well refer him to page 6 of blue book and say call...um, well...call...um. Ya, no one because BB or KBB do not use actual real life comparables or examples.)

Finally, the only one that deems the vehicle, cargo, home, widget, or whatever it is we are talking about a total loss, is NEVER the body shop but the Adjuster and or Appraiser.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

My condolences to the owner of the vehicle
Old 06-10-11, 08:35 PM
IS144
Driver

Dude, how was it not your fault. did somebody back into you?
Old 06-10-11, 08:39 PM
is250noob
Driver School Candidate

Hate to say it, but that looks totaled. Also, +1 on how that isn't your fault? Not trying to be a ****, but with front end damage like that, it's almost ALWAYS that persons fault. Glad you're ok though.
Old 06-10-11, 08:43 PM
HERBos
Lead Lap

was someone driving the wrong way?
Old 06-10-11, 08:49 PM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

If it isn't totaled make sure to have them replace your headlights with the 2011 led ones, 2011 f-sport front bumper, and an isF hood
Old 06-10-11, 08:55 PM
Salduchi
Driver

How is it not his fault, what are the possibilities of having front end damage and it not being his fault? I'll give you a few that happen every day every single hour of the day.

1-He was left turned 2-Car pulled from driveway into his lane of travel 3-Car cut him off taking his stopping distance then abruptly stopped. I can think of a few more.

Quick Reply: Is it totaled?