IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Is it totaled?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-11, 09:05 PM
IS144
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Salduchi
How is it not his fault, what are the possibilities of having front end damage and it not being his fault? I'll give you a few that happen every day every single hour of the day.

1-He was left turned 2-Car pulled from driveway into his lane of travel 3-Car cut him off taking his stopping distance then abruptly stopped. I can think of a few more.
Wow!!

well, cutting off and you rear ending is still your fault. Turn is unlikely considering both sides look similar. Driveway looks possible because the curb is terminating into what looks like a driveway.......
Old 06-10-11, 09:12 PM
sjgIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fuzzie
damn... if the frame is still good then its not totaled...

ITS TOTALED
Frame? what frame? These are unibody cars...no frame.

Modern cars have crumple zones...to absorb the force of a collision and keep the occupants safe..IMHO..not a total..looks pretty standard fix.
Old 06-10-11, 09:30 PM
Salduchi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS144
Wow!!

well, cutting off and you rear ending is still your fault. Turn is unlikely considering both sides look similar.

I've been in claims for 20 years and have my own adjusting company and I can tell you with 100% complete certainty that you are wrong.

1-If you are cut off then the vehicle abrubtly stops you are not liable. (The problem lies in proving that you were cut off. all you need is a witness or beleive it or not the guy in front sometimes admits to it)

2-L-turn is unlikely considering both sides look similar? Ain't you ever seen a T-bone?

Finally I can also say that no one, not the insurance companies, not law enforcement, I mean Absolutely no one NEVER EVAR NEVER makes a liability determination by simply looking at a single photo or photos of the damage. Ya....can you beleive it? They actually are required to conduct an investigation which includes, but is not limited to, ASKING the parties what happened. Can you beleive it?

You guys are killing me. Hate to see you guys on a jury. He's XYZ, that means he's gotta be guilty, Hang Him!
Old 06-10-11, 09:30 PM
Pnthrzrule
Pit Crew

Incorrect, Incorrect and finally Incorrect. Insurance companies total out vehicles at either 70 or 80 percent of the market value of the vehicle depending on the particular company. We NEVER EVAR use "Book Value" on vehicles, NEVAR!!!!. Therefore you won't get a check based on Book Value either.

(BB is just a guide that gives a rough idea of value. The only people that use books are banking/lending institutions. The only way to ascertain the actual value of an item is to locate actual comparables that are for sale. Therefore insurers use services such as CCC which located comparable vehicles and provide carriers with a much more accurate value. Furthermore when the owner of the vehicle disputes value the adjuster will have to provide verifiable comps with telephone numbers, location, price etc. Can't very well refer him to page 6 of blue book and say call...um, well...call...um. Ya, no one because BB or KBB do not use actual real life comparables or examples.)

Finally, the only one that deems the vehicle, cargo, home, widget, or whatever it is we are talking about a total loss, is NEVER the body shop but the Adjuster and or Appraiser.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

My condolences to the owner of the vehicle
Since we are in the gotta be right mode...that would be Never Ever and Never.
Old 06-10-11, 09:38 PM
Salduchi
Driver

Originally Posted by Pnthrzrule
I prefer it my way. and if you don't see the value of what I am saying then you just don't understand its value. I wish I wasn't right, I wish I didn't have to correct you on these points as it shows something much more sad. If I wanted to be right I'd just go onto forums and post a bunch of factually correct statements and feel good about myself. But this has nothing to do about me being right it has to do with people "thinking right".
Old 06-10-11, 09:39 PM
Pnthrzrule
Pit Crew

I prefer it my way. and if you don't see the value of what I am saying then you just don't understand its value. I wish I wasn't right, I wish I didn't have to correct you on these points as it shows something much more sad. If I wanted to be right I'd just go onto forums and post a bunch of factually correct statements and feel good about myself. But this has nothing to do about me being right it has to do with people "thinking right".
At least you got your spelling correct on that one...nice job.
Old 06-10-11, 09:44 PM
Pnthrzrule
Pit Crew

You also prefer not to see the forest for the trees. Maybe my points were not EXACTLY precise to your liking...or even close to correct for your liking. The broader picture was that it doesn't do our friend any good to ask any of us on this forum if it is totalled or not. The only way he will get that information will be by having a professional look at it IN PERSON. Whether that professional be an adjuster and or a body shop...the point that I was making is that none of us can tell him if it's totalled by merely looking at a photo online.
Old 06-10-11, 09:48 PM
Salduchi
Driver

You also prefer not to see the forest for the trees. Maybe my points were not EXACTLY precise to your liking...or even close to correct for your liking. The broader picture was that it doesn't do our friend any good to ask any of us on this forum if it is totalled or not. The only way he will get that information will be by having a professional look at it IN PERSON. Whether that professional be an adjuster and or a body shop...the point that I was making is that none of us can tell him if it's totalled by merely looking at a photo online.
Ahhh...Wrong again. If he can give me the year, make, model, package and miles I can tell him if its totaled inside of 10 minutes. And if I were in the office I could write him an accurate estimate in less than 30 minutes. How bout them apples?
Old 06-10-11, 09:50 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

oh there are more grammatical errors than just those, i thought i was the only one who say them. you know those 20 year claim adjusters NEVER have to spell correctly.
Old 06-10-11, 09:52 PM
Salduchi
Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
oh there are more grammatical errors than just those, i thought i was the only one who say them. you know those 20 year claim adjusters NEVER have to spell correctly.
Is it that I can't or is it that I don't? Hmm...a whole life worth of living has not taught you the the difference between can't and don't, much more amazing don't you think?
Old 06-10-11, 09:58 PM
Pnthrzrule
Pit Crew

Hey OP (Evs) no one on here is going to be able to give you any usable advice. You are going to need to contact your insurance company and hope for the best. Check with us after you have had things evaluated. Although I'm sure Salduchi will be able to give you some 100,000% correct info...but other than that you just gotta have it evaluated by your peeps. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Good Luck.
Old 06-10-11, 10:16 PM
Salduchi
Driver

Hey OP (Evs) no one on here is going to be able to give you any usable advice. You are going to need to contact your insurance company and hope for the best. Check with us after you have had things evaluated. Although I'm sure Salduchi will be able to give you some 100,000% correct info...but other than that you just gotta have it evaluated by your peeps. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Good Luck.
I have just one question. Aside from my poor spelling, was the information I provided correct?
Old 06-10-11, 10:19 PM
Pnthrzrule
Pit Crew

I have just one question. Aside from my poor spelling, was the information I provided correct?
Everything you stated from the 1st word to the last was the most indisputable and most correct thing I have ever heard anyone speak in my entire life on this planet. It doesn't get any more correct than you. I have never heard or seen or even felt anything more truthful. It was 100,000,000,000% correct.
Old 06-10-11, 10:27 PM
Salduchi
Driver

Everything you stated from the 1st word to the last was the most indisputable and most correct thing I have ever heard anyone speak in my entire life on this planet. It doesn't get any more correct than you. I have never heard or seen or even felt anything more truthful. It was 100,000,000,000% correct.
If the information was accurate, that is all that matters. ("It doesn't get any more correct than you." I have to correct you again, its about the accuracy of the information, its not about me. I already told you that.)
Old 06-10-11, 10:35 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

this debate is cute....

Looks pretty bad. if the airbags didnt go off i would say its not totaled. hope it drives close to the same after it gets fixed

Quick Reply: Is it totaled?