IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Double-checking my amplifier wiring.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-11, 11:23 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Double-checking my amplifier wiring.

Hey guys. I got my subs and everything into my car. All I got to do left is to put in the LOC and tune my subs. I wanted to double-check on my wiring to make sure it's correct before I tap any wires.
I want to make sure I'm tapping the right wires from the clumps. If I'm not mistaken, the woofer wires are from the furthest right connector, and the subwoofer wires are from the second to the left connector, which I have diagram'd below.

I want to do the sum of the two woofer signals to one channel, and the sub to the other channels. Can you guys take a look at my supposed wiring diagram and make sure it's okay?

Which clump of wires do I find the orange wire for the remote on? There's 4 clumps, from left to right. The furthest left one doesn't have an orange wire, but the other ones do.
Old 06-12-11, 05:18 PM
sushiboi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG! I was trying to find the same dang wire, yesterday! It took me so long! I finally gave up and ghetto-rigged the remote to a fuse. Always hot while the car is on. Just gotta make sure you don't turn off your stereo. Any luck with finding which one?

Last edited by sushiboi; 06-12-11 at 05:19 PM. Reason: add a question
Old 06-12-11, 06:55 PM
sw1tched
Rookie

the wire I found was on the middle white connector (second connector if you start at the back of the car and go towards the front). it's the end red wire (closest to the back of the car) I've included a pic... hope it helps
(btw my ride is a 2006 IS250 awd without the ML system if it matters)
Attached Thumbnails Double-checking my amplifier wiring.-remote.jpg  
Old 06-12-11, 07:19 PM
sushiboi
Lead Lap

I'll take a look. I have '10 is250 w/o ML. I hope the colors are the same. Thanks bro!
Old 06-12-11, 07:47 PM
graphX250
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Check this post. I hooked mine up according to these color wires and no problems.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-pictures.html
Old 06-12-11, 10:18 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sw1tched
the wire I found was on the middle white connector (second connector if you start at the back of the car and go towards the front). it's the end red wire (closest to the back of the car) I've included a pic... hope it helps
(btw my ride is a 2006 IS250 awd without the ML system if it matters)
Originally Posted by sushiboi
OMG! I was trying to find the same dang wire, yesterday! It took me so long! I finally gave up and ghetto-rigged the remote to a fuse. Always hot while the car is on. Just gotta make sure you don't turn off your stereo. Any luck with finding which one?
Yes, I found a remote wire. It's on the third connector from the front of the amplifier. The orange wire furthest from the front on that connector worked fine for me. As for the LOC wiring, I currently just have the brown and green wired up. I have yet to touch the front woofer wires. I ran out of splice taps, so I didn't do that part. I'll get around to it sometime later.

Originally Posted by graphX250
Check this post. I hooked mine up according to these color wires and no problems.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-pictures.html
I found all the wires and everything; I'm just a little confused on hooking it up to the LOC. Does summing the two woofers mean putting the positives together on one channel, and the negatives on another channel? Why do I need to do both woofers...Can't I just adjust the gain on the LOC to compensate for the amplifier putting out the sub signal at a much stronger signal?
Old 10-18-11, 11:51 AM
hadoukenx1
Driver School Candidate

I have a mark levinson with nav. I read around that on mine the remote wire is the thin orange wire all the way back at the last connector( rear of the car). Its working. But did I get the right wire??? Tt061980 has it in his picture as pink. Then also mentioned orange. I got lost. But pink didn't work. Any inputs ?
Old 10-18-11, 12:51 PM
WIZARD1325
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kumquatism
Hey guys. I got my subs and everything into my car. All I got to do left is to put in the LOC and tune my subs. I wanted to double-check on my wiring to make sure it's correct before I tap any wires.
I want to make sure I'm tapping the right wires from the clumps. If I'm not mistaken, the woofer wires are from the furthest right connector, and the subwoofer wires are from the second to the left connector, which I have diagram'd below.

I want to do the sum of the two woofer signals to one channel, and the sub to the other channels. Can you guys take a look at my supposed wiring diagram and make sure it's okay?

Which clump of wires do I find the orange wire for the remote on? There's 4 clumps, from left to right. The furthest left one doesn't have an orange wire, but the other ones do.
I have the same unit

I thought this unit was used for taping the wires for the back sub woofer
I you using it for connecting your factory speakers to a new amp or something
sorry newbie here