IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

F-Sport does not have Memory Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-11, 11:42 AM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default F-Sport does not have Memory Seats?

Does anyone have an F-Sport with memory seats. I've been looking around and it seems like the car doesn't come with them. Why would a fully loaded Lexus not have them?
Old 05-25-11, 11:50 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 580 Likes on 390 Posts

Because the F-Sport isn't really a "fully-loaded" vehicle, it's an alternate package (mostly appearance and suspension differences). It's missing a number of items from the Luxury package, not just memory seats.

The older "Sport Package" had a lot more of the luxury options in it.

Jeff
Old 05-25-11, 11:50 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mjh09e
Does anyone have an F-Sport with memory seats. I've been looking around and it seems like the car doesn't come with them. Why would a fully loaded Lexus not have them?
F-sport models aren't remotely close to "fully loaded"

F-sport is a package where they took the previous really good sport package (which had memory seats and a bunch of other nice features), removed a large chunk of the useful content, replaced it with a couple of cosmetic items, then added "F' to the name.

To give you an idea, here's the "old" sport package:

Perforated leather-trimmed interior
Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column
Lexus Memory System to control power driver's and front passenger's seats (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
Heated and ventilated front seats
Aluminum sport pedals
Aluminum doorsill scuff plates
Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle
Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse
Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
Sport-tuned suspension
18 x 8.0-in alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 tires front, 18 x 8.5-in alloy wheels with 255/40YR18 tires rear

Now here's the "F sport" package:

Split-five-spoke alloy wheels with Dark Graphite finish Front:18 x 8.0-in wheels with 225/40YR18 summer or all-season tires Rear:18 x 8.5-in wheels with 255/40YR18 summer or all-season tires
Sport-tuned suspension and EPS tuning
F Sport™ front seats, steering wheel, shift **** and front fender badge
Microfiber inserts for front and rear seats
Heated front seats
Aluminum door-sill scuff plates
Upper and lower grille inserts
Front lip spoiler
Aluminum sport pedals
Rear spoiler
Silver metallic interior trim

So going from an 06-10 Sport package to a 2011 F-sport package you lose the memory seats, vented seat feature, rain-sensing wipers, power tilt/telescope steering, auto-dim and auto-tilt-down side mirrors, and AFS.... and you gain... the front/rear spoilers... and some inserts/badging.

Crap trade in my opinion.

If you wanted fully loaded 06-10 you picked either Lux or Sport depending on what suspension you preferred and then added PCS, PA, ML/NAV and headlamp washers to get to fully loaded.

On an 11 PCS isn't available anymore at all, and the F-sport package is missing a bunch... so nearest to fully loaded would be Luxury package, then add PA, ML/Nav, and headlamp washers.

Oh, and 2011 removed memory seat for the passenger side entirely, even with the Luxury package

Last edited by Kurtz; 05-25-11 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-25-11, 12:32 PM
my95tsi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which is why the 2008 IS350 with the sport package is the best ISx50 made thus far.

-Had the best looking wheels
-Came loaded with all the luxury features
-Factory sport suspension (which the 2011 F Sport doesn't even get)
Old 05-25-11, 12:37 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I feel jipped but I can live without features..... *lays in a corner in fetal position*
Old 05-25-11, 12:48 PM
DAZ1
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kurtz
F-sport models aren't remotely close to "fully loaded"

Now here's the "F sport" package:

Split-five-spoke alloy wheels with Dark Graphite finish Front:18 x 8.0-in wheels with 225/40YR18 summer or all-season tires Rear:18 x 8.5-in wheels with 255/40YR18 summer or all-season tires
Sport-tuned suspension and EPS tuning
F Sport™ front seats, steering wheel, shift **** and front fender badge
Microfiber inserts for front and rear seats
Heated front seats
Aluminum door-sill scuff plates
Upper and lower grille inserts
Front lip spoiler
Aluminum sport pedals
Rear spoiler
Silver metallic interior trim

So going from an 06-10 Sport package to a 2011 F-sport package you lose the memory seats, vented seat feature, rain-sensing wipers, power tilt/telescope steering, auto-dim and auto-tilt-down side mirrors, and AFS.... and you gain... the front/rear spoilers... and some inserts/badging.

Crap trade in my opinion.

Oh, and 2011 removed memory seat for the passenger side entirely, even with the Luxury package
I like the F-Sport additions, plus available extras. Wouldn't have any car without HIDs and Nav. I just sold a MB SLK 55 fully loaded. It had memory seats, rain-sensing wipers, power tilt/telescope steering, auto-dim and auto-tilt-down side mirrors. Nice features that I seldom used and don't have them on my IS, and can easily live without. Only feature that I would opt for would be ventilated seats. For me, there are "must" have options and "nice" to have. MY 2011 IS 350 F-Sport has the must have option. Without them I wouldn't have purchased it. For me, nice to have options drive up the price of the car beyond reason.
Old 05-25-11, 12:50 PM
P51SN95
Driver School Candidate

I'm guessing those items were removed for weight reduction (no idea how much weight would be saved by doing so though) but just my guess. Less weight will help the car feel sportier with out them having to redo anything else to the engine/suspension.
Old 05-25-11, 12:59 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never understood why Lexus even sells cars with "packages". Load 'em up like the old days. All of them.
Old 05-25-11, 01:06 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Packages are money maker for car manufacturers. Most people who buy a certain model are going to want some feature that's non-standard. If they put that feature in a package, the customer is forced into buying that package. Marketing 101...
Old 05-25-11, 01:07 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DAZ1
I like the F-Sport additions, plus available extras. Wouldn't have any car without HIDs and Nav. I just sold a MB SLK 55 fully loaded. It had memory seats, rain-sensing wipers, power tilt/telescope steering, auto-dim and auto-tilt-down side mirrors. Nice features that I seldom used and don't have them on my IS, and can easily live without. Only feature that I would opt for would be ventilated seats. For me, there are "must" have options and "nice" to have. MY 2011 IS 350 F-Sport has the must have option. Without them I wouldn't have purchased it. For me, nice to have options drive up the price of the car beyond reason.
Whereas Nav would be totally useless to me for most of my driving, and for the parts it's not my little Garmin is vastly superior to the OEM Lexus nav system.

Rain sensing wipers on the other hand... it's goofy but it's a feature I thought was completely retarded when I heard about it. And now after having used them for a while I get pissed off anytime I'm in another car that lacks them... they're that awesome compared to manual or even intermittent wipers.
Old 05-25-11, 01:08 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shadowman
Packages are money maker for car manufacturers. Most people who buy a certain model are going to want some feature that's non-standard. If they put that feature in a package, the customer is forced into buying that package. Marketing 101...
^ Yep

You want option A? Sorry, you'll have to buy package 1 which includes options A, B, C and D for the lovely price of $x,xxx.xx lol
Old 05-25-11, 01:08 PM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by P51SN95
I'm guessing those items were removed for weight reduction (no idea how much weight would be saved by doing so though) but just my guess. Less weight will help the car feel sportier with out them having to redo anything else to the engine/suspension.
I guess this could be the case, or Lexus is just charging for the F-Sport options and leaving out all the luxury options. Kind of makes sense I guess since it is supposed to be the sport model and even in Ferrari they don't give you leather seats or even air conditioning systems in the Scuderia.
Old 05-25-11, 01:12 PM
350FSport
Driver

Originally Posted by my95tsi
2011 does have the factory sport suspension, it does not have the F-Sport Springs/Shocks.

My main gripe is the memory seats. Should have kept those in. But oh well, it's a lease 2015 ISF is next up, I can live with this one until then
Old 05-25-11, 01:14 PM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 350FSport
2011 does have the factory sport suspension, it does not have the F-Sport Springs/Shocks.

My main gripe is the memory seats. Should have kept those in. But oh well, it's a lease 2015 ISF is next up, I can live with this one until then
I have the same thing in mind....2015 ISF if I can afford it I'm thinking white on white or the Ultrasonic Blue again...if I don't get sick of it.
Old 05-25-11, 01:18 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by my95tsi
False. The factory F-Sport car has a modified version of the old "sport" suspension for the IS. It actually handles better thanks to revised bushings, spring rates and shock valving. This is also the case for 08-10 vs. 2011 IS F.

Quick Reply: F-Sport does not have Memory Seats?