IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Advice on 1st Mod Please - Illuminated Scuff Plate

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-11, 12:19 PM
Pnthrzrule
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Advice on 1st Mod Please - Illuminated Scuff Plate

So...at some point I'm going to install the freakin awesome illuminated scuff plates from Sewell. I have a base 07 AWD Starfire Pearl w/ cashmere interior. I'm trying to decide on the white or the blue. I wish I could install one on each side and try them out but that's not really an option unless I order both sets and return one...not a bad idea but I don't wanna go through all that trouble.

I'm hoping to hear from folks with the same set up colorwise as my car and how they like their illuminated scuff plates white or blue.

Decisions...Decisions
Old 05-20-11, 01:02 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Cashmere interior here (different exterior though) and I found the blue kinda ricey and love the white.
Old 05-20-11, 01:17 PM
Silkky
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends what you are going to do with your interior. If you go all white LEDs, then white would look better.
Old 05-20-11, 01:46 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Second the white... it looks cleaner and cooler.
Old 05-20-11, 05:04 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

I went with blue LED lights on the interior so obviously the blue scuff plates go better with it. Otherwise, stick with white.
Old 05-20-11, 05:09 PM
Fesler
Driver School Candidate

Go with the white much better color combo and you will be happy with your pick. The blue will be to import tuner feel so depends on what you are going for.
Old 05-20-11, 06:12 PM
tastfulmod
Pole Position

I have the same color combo. Car and have the white. So I say get white blue looks too ricey!
Old 05-20-11, 07:32 PM
Pnthrzrule
Pit Crew

Thanks everyone. I'm def not planning on changing any of the factory led's over to blue so I'm thinking I will go with white. I've gotta recover from this $500 spark plug change coming up in a few days before I get ready for any "extras". Even though this is a "mod" I'm still planning on staying as stock as possible.
Old 05-20-11, 08:08 PM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pnthrzrule
Thanks everyone. I'm def not planning on changing any of the factory led's over to blue so I'm thinking I will go with white. I've gotta recover from this $500 spark plug change coming up in a few days before I get ready for any "extras". Even though this is a "mod" I'm still planning on staying as stock as possible.
$500 for spark plugs change?! longo lexus quoted me $120 and I thought that was high lol. Just do it youself is easy or let a local mech do it. Parts is only like $50.
Old 05-20-11, 08:25 PM
Aman13AK
Driver School Candidate

I have blue that came with the X package. If I could have chosen, I would go white
Old 05-20-11, 08:27 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

agreed white looks better with your interior
Old 05-20-11, 08:49 PM
Pnthrzrule
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mong
$500 for spark plugs change?! longo lexus quoted me $120 and I thought that was high lol. Just do it youself is easy or let a local mech do it. Parts is only like $50.
Well...as for doing it myself...there are lots of parts to remove and proper torques specs to follow. If I screw it up...which is entirely possible...then I will need to spend more money to fix my errors. As for having a non-Lexus tech work on it...I've considered it but I'm a pretty tough customer and have dealt with other mechs and dealerships and sometimes you never know what you're gonna get. If they screw up something...which is entirely possible...sometimes they will fight you on fixing their mistake...or not even admit the mistake at all. My experiences with Lexus have all been great and if they screw up...they fix it no questions asked. For example...I had the dashboard TSIB done and they put a few scrapes on my leather wrapped steering wheel. I noticed the few scrapes right away and once I informed them...they replaced it on the spot...no questions and no waiting.

Lexus has a reputation to uphold so I would trust them as they know the car better than any one else. I would rather spend the extra dough and know for sure the job will be done right...and if for some strange reason it wasn't then I know I'm not going to have to do a lot of complaining to get it right.
Old 05-21-11, 11:15 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Aman13AK
I have blue that came with the X package. If I could have chosen, I would go white
Just an FYI- blue came on everything that got the part for 06 and 07... starting 08 they changed to white for all cars with the option.

Takes about 5 minutes to swap if you wanted to change to white and you'd probably make most of the cost of the "new" parts back selling the blue ones to someone who wants em
Old 05-21-11, 02:20 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

With your cashmere interior I'd go with white. I like the blue with the black interior, sticks out a little bit more.
Old 05-21-11, 02:33 PM
DGMIS350
Driver School Candidate

I like the blue with my black interior. I didn't know they did them in white. I'm a Lexus NOOB! Anyway, I might like the white better. Anyone have a pic of the white ones lit up?

Brad

Quick Reply: Advice on 1st Mod Please - Illuminated Scuff Plate