Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After seeing those pics, I want that black trim even more! :P

Sewell should offer a Black Trim for the 06-08 :P
Old 05-16-11, 05:57 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, That looks good with the black interior, thank you for posting that up. Looks like i need to go by a body shop and get some estimates to get that done.
Old 05-16-11, 06:18 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jbjones85
Wow, That looks good with the black interior, thank you for posting that up. Looks like i need to go by a body shop and get some estimates to get that done.
NP I'm planning on doing it when I get my car back

Last edited by meangene; 05-16-11 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-16-11, 06:55 AM
P51SN95
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ecr527
I did this to the interior pieces on my car. I took them out and had a local body shop spray them for $30. They really aren't prone to scratches all that much as mine have 3 or 4 coats of clear on them. Dust is easily noticeable on them, but if you keep your car clean, it's really not an issue.

Here's a couple of pics:

Nice! Question for you, how hard was it to get the trim pieces out, and how did you get them out of the doors? I've looked for instructions on the web but haven't found any.

Originally Posted by jbjones85
I really want to do this to mine as I do not like the wood look. Has anyone with a black interior done this?
Same here, my wife has the Birds-eye maple and can't stand the wood at all. After seeing one on the lot with the black interior (which has some metallic flake to it) she loved it. The dealer could not understand why we'd prefer that over the wood.

needless to say my wife was irritated that she couldn't get the black trim parts with the cooled seats.

Anyone know how that kit from Sewell comes?
http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2011/4663.html
those look like new pics they have up and before I didn't know if it was just a new overlay kit and you'd have to rip the current wood trim out and re-stick it on, or if it just covered the old trim up. But those look like brand new switch plates, cup holder, ash tray cover and shifter/center console cover.
Old 05-16-11, 07:07 AM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by brociouz
Pretty cool look but my OCD would drive me insane.
Haaa ........ this is exactly what is happening to me with mine which is black !! I do keep the car very clean but just a simple drive with the window or the sunroof open will fidn those little darn green pollen crap on the black glossy peices and it drives me insaaaane uggh !!
Old 05-16-11, 07:27 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by P51SN95
Nice! Question for you, how hard was it to get the trim pieces out, and how did you get them out of the doors? I've looked for instructions on the web but haven't found any.

Same here, my wife has the Birds-eye maple and can't stand the wood at all. After seeing one on the lot with the black interior (which has some metallic flake to it) she loved it. The dealer could not understand why we'd prefer that over the wood.

needless to say my wife was irritated that she couldn't get the black trim parts with the cooled seats.

Anyone know how that kit from Sewell comes?
http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2011/4663.html
those look like new pics they have up and before I didn't know if it was just a new overlay kit and you'd have to rip the current wood trim out and re-stick it on, or if it just covered the old trim up. But those look like brand new switch plates, cup holder, ash tray cover and shifter/center console cover.
The ones on Sewell's are replacement parts. You can order them with center console cut out.
Old 05-16-11, 08:29 AM
P51SN95
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by meangene
The ones on Sewell's are replacement parts. You can order them with center console cut out.
Thanks!
Old 05-16-11, 08:46 AM
furryjet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ecr527
I did this to the interior pieces on my car. I took them out and had a local body shop spray them for $30. They really aren't prone to scratches all that much as mine have 3 or 4 coats of clear on them. Dust is easily noticeable on them, but if you keep your car clean, it's really not an issue.

Here's a couple of pics:
$30?! That's hella cheap to have professionals do it for you..looks really good and smooth, did they primer first?
Old 06-07-11, 05:02 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

Got mine finished late last night

Old 06-07-11, 05:48 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I guess I'm the only one that likes the woodtrim interior.

On another note the painted/cleared black peices do look really nice.
Old 06-07-11, 06:31 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by B16da9
I guess I'm the only one that likes the woodtrim interior.

On another note the painted/cleared black peices do look really nice.
I love the dark bird's eye maple trim on the new ISx50's. If I could find it for a good price I probably would have gone that route instead of painting mine.
Old 06-07-11, 06:32 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

IMO carbon fiber Looks better
Old 06-07-11, 06:47 AM
sw1tched
Rookie

Originally Posted by P51SN95
just put a flathead under the panel and pull up.
they just snap in place. I can remove the ones in my car without any tools. just pry up with my fingers.
Old 06-07-11, 06:54 AM
OPTiK
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, that does look pretty nice. Now I'm up in the air about doing that or the 3M fiber vinyl

Originally Posted by meangene
Got mine finished late last night

What did you do to your arm rest? Is that vinyl?
Old 06-07-11, 07:07 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OPTiK
Damn, that does look pretty nice. Now I'm up in the air about doing that or the 3M fiber vinyl

What did you do to your arm rest? Is that vinyl?

I originally had the neffy wrap cf vinyl on mine. It looked good, but I wanted something more lol. I took my car in for a TSIB and got a 2011 is250 loaner it had the piano black trim with black interior and that's what sold me on it.

I just put the 3m dinoc vinyl on my armrest. I took the idea from vinconist. The leather has some abnormal wear I guess the previous owner had a fat arm or something.

Quick Reply: Piano Black Interior Trim Kit