IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

About to upgrade to the IS350

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-11, 05:55 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Is it me or is that car missing the oem front lip. (not the GFX lip but the regular one)
Old 05-18-11, 06:06 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
It doesn't have ML, it doesn't have PCS, and it does NOT have the sport package.

Lotsa lies in that ad
What tells you it doesn't have the sport package, so I know for future reference?
Old 05-18-11, 06:11 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Originally Posted by phkngsick
Well it has 43K miles on it. Here is a link to the car

http://www.amgmotors.net/web/vehicle_photos/1242771

Also noted from the dealer is:
"2007 LEXUS IS350**BLACK ON BLACK**NAVIGATION SYSTEM**MARK LEVINSON PREMIUM AUDIO PKG**LEATHER**REAR CAMERA**SUNROOF**BLUE-TOOTH**PARKING ASSISTANCE**PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM**SPORTS PACKAGE**HEATED/COOLED SEATS**FULLY LOADED**"

i am having it shipped through my dealer in Fl and they will re inspect it and I will grab it from them. It seems like it has a bunch of options. honestly, Black on Black with Nav was my main concern due to I will be replacing the system and doing a lot of work.

Nothing ricey or over the top, Just clean and as Lux as i can make it for right now. the mod bug never goes away so I will slowly keep adding to it.

My buddies at Lutz will be having it for the full build and he says he will surprise me with what he does to the wood grain.

I might be in Tampa around mid-late august. There is a big show on July 25th. I'd like to have the car ready for that, if not, A couple buddies of mine and my site will put together an end of summer show so i can get the car out in the public
The ad is definitely misleading - it clearly does not have ML, and the ad explicitly states it does. It's also not "fully loaded", but that term's been so overused and misapplied that it really holds no value anymore - I don't think I come across any car ads that DON'T list "fully loaded".

Here's a good page for reference: http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2007/...ons/index.html

Use this to your advantage in negotiation. Pretend like you're all excited that you finally found a car that's fully loaded and has all the options you wanted, such as ML, sport package, pre-collision system, etc. Then later in the process, maybe after you tell them you're going to call them back after you do some last-minute research, call them back and say hold on, this car doesn't have ML (which was a $940 option), nor PCS (which was a $2,850 option), and so on.. The ad CLEARLY states it has ML and is "fully loaded", and that misled you. Tell them then you want them to bring the price down to reflect the fact that the ad was intentionally misleading and you were operating under false assumptions - you thought the price was good for that car assuming it had those options, which it doesn't.

In reality though, I don't think that price is too bad, though you can definitely get a little more off. Is any factory warranty left at all? That would justify a slightly higher price. If it's totally out of warranty though, I'd look for at least $1000 off, and that's ex-the strategy above.
Old 05-18-11, 08:23 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by calvin2376
What tells you it doesn't have the sport package, so I know for future reference?
It has woodgrain. Since it has that AND memory seats it's the luxury package.

Sport package has memory seats and does not have woodgrain.

(woodgrain WITHOUT memory seats is the premium package)
Old 05-18-11, 08:38 AM
stanced
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It still has remaining factory warranty till Dec 2011. I am not to unhappy about the small things li ML system or anything, that would have been removed anyway. I will see if i can get a lower price though. Thank you for pointing those things out.
Old 05-18-11, 09:20 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by phkngsick
It still has remaining factory warranty till Dec 2011. I am not to unhappy about the small things li ML system or anything, that would have been removed anyway. I will see if i can get a lower price though. Thank you for pointing those things out.
it's an 07... so the only way it has factory warranty till Dec 2011 is if it was a leftover and wasn't sold under 3-4 months after the 2008s were on the lot... that's possible I suppose... it'd also be out of warranty when it hits 50k miles of course... but since they lied about other stuff in the ad I'd run the VIN past a Lexus dealer and ask him to verify the warranty date for you.
Old 05-18-11, 09:56 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tsk tsk tsk.....what a shame. Salesmen are either genuinely ignorant to the options they say it has or are complete liars.
Old 05-18-11, 09:58 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no sport pedals either
Old 05-18-11, 10:17 AM
calvin2376
Racer

Originally Posted by Kurtz
It has woodgrain. Since it has that AND memory seats it's the luxury package.

Sport package has memory seats and does not have woodgrain.

(woodgrain WITHOUT memory seats is the premium package)
Thanks for the info.

And I mentioned bringing the above up to your dealer only as a negotiating strategy to get some money off. Let us know how it goes and what you get it for.
Old 05-18-11, 10:26 AM
stanced
Pole Position

I checked on the Lexus site and no major issues and from what i want and what the final price is compared to KBB. KBB with the same year, mile and options is listed at 30K+

I am fine where i am at

Sport pedals = not a major feature to me (adding my own pedals)
Front lip = not a major feature to me (getting a lip kit)
ML Audio package - not a major feature to me (full audio swap)

To me those are small things. Once my dealer gets it in FL, he will go over the car and IF ANYTHING is found, he will final adjust price and if the car is that bad, I am not binded to the contract and do not have to go through with the purchase. (Yes, I have a faxed sheet with all this stated on it)

To me for what I asked of:

2006-2008
Black/Black, NAV

I feel i am at a good price with the miles. If it has factory warranty, that is even better, if not, no biggie, I will run extended warranty and I am also a certified mechanic and have about 7 years background on both general and diesel. If anything happens, i am sure I can at least tackle it when the time comes.

I will let my dealer and this other dealer work out the small issues but as of right now,

$23,900 is where the price is at. I will keep you guys updated

Last edited by stanced; 05-18-11 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-11-11, 01:26 AM
stanced
Pole Position

Alright, car is in!!

Bad news, my MacBook hd crash and I can.t load the pics from my iPad..lo. FML..

Car came in in great shape. My deal reven did a complete wetland and high speed buff to clean it up for me.

The only issues are:
-front brake pads needed to be replaced due to running low
-The bottom of the front bumper has scratches, like the bottom bottom, but my new lip will cover that
-one H.I.D build was about to go out.

Brakes got done today and I also placed and order for 8000k d4s bulbs to replace both the OEM ones.

Ran me $40 for the set, hit me up if you need some

I also ordered the following

carbon fiber top half steering wheel with blue stitch
8000k H.I.D. 9006 kit for my fog lights.

From what my folks are telling me (my dad has built cars for the past 15 plus years)
Car runs smooth, picks up quick and no weird noises.
The parking sensor "p" was staying on for a while but he figured it out and it is good now.

The interior is flawless minus the driver side floor mat does not have the Lexus logo, only the passenger side, is this normal?

The trunk is clean and has all the parts in it.

Also the car was purchased in late November so I still have factory warranty until November of this year.

I wish I could post pics!! Lol. I should be getting my MacBook hd replaced soon and will get them up

now the problem I have is no one has a kit in stock!

I am looking at the

VERTEX lip kit
Or the

SEIBON carbon TS lip kit.

If anyone has them in stock or willing to part way and it will fit a 2007 is350, please let me know!!
Old 06-14-11, 09:41 AM
stanced
Pole Position

okay, so I used my iPad to upload to photo bucket then to copy them here..lol

Here are some shots of the car and so far my dad has been a big help until I return form overseas.

Here are the STOCK HID's removed and upgraded to 8000k already

Well the car got dropped off today and the build will start. I can't wait
Old 06-14-11, 10:16 AM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice!! Looking good to start off there. Can't wait to see what you've got in store for the car.
Old 06-14-11, 10:28 AM
stanced
Pole Position

Here are pics of the 2 beast in the back up cam.
My dads 350z

And my is300

And at the latest event, my dada managed to get both cars there..lol

I usually have it lower up front but raised it before heading overseas so it could make it up the driveway..