IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

!!!!!are we losing our minds??? Stop disabling safety features!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-11, 03:37 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Troll mod unlocked this thread.
Old 04-29-11, 04:39 PM
texas02118
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if this guy was under the influence when he posted this! I have an aftermarket flyaudio unit and I love the fact that it can play movies while driving because my son in the backseat loves to watch them while on the road!
Old 04-29-11, 04:53 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 04-29-11, 05:01 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know where the seat belt hack DIY thread is located by chance?
Old 04-29-11, 05:02 PM
Rash
hmm

^ You'll find it in the "stickied" FAQ thread.
Old 04-29-11, 05:56 PM
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver

I cant believe i just read every post in this thread...
Old 04-29-11, 06:20 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MIA_LEX
I cant believe i just read every post in this thread...
I did too cause its funny haha
Old 04-29-11, 06:40 PM
allst4r
Lead Lap

i sleep and drive. nikka. ur so tense u need to relax like me..lol i skimmed through the first page.
Old 04-29-11, 07:57 PM
FsterThanU
Driver School Candidate

To me the OP sounds like those paranoid Americans who watch wayyy too much dateline. Everyone is not out to get you. If you ask me half the safety features today are useless. You want safer roads? get states to make the license exam much harder, I mean what kind of moron cannot pass that thing?

My airbags aren't plugged in, but thats because I cannot afford a new driver knee airbag at the moment, who the hell needs knee airbags? If something happens, it'll happen to me.

The dudes doing the nav hack here are enthusiasts (well most), they're not those morons who eat, put their clothes on, and text while driving.
Old 04-29-11, 09:29 PM
Nikon
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FsterThanU
To me the OP sounds like those paranoid Americans who watch wayyy too much dateline. Everyone is not out to get you. If you ask me half the safety features today are useless. You want safer roads? get states to make the license exam much harder, I mean what kind of moron cannot pass that thing?

My airbags aren't plugged in, but thats because I cannot afford a new driver knee airbag at the moment, who the hell needs knee airbags? If something happens, it'll happen to me.

The dudes doing the nav hack here are enthusiasts (well most), they're not those morons who eat, put their clothes on, and text while driving.
you bring up a very valid point... most americans have absolutely no idea how the rest of the world works when it comes to driving. i've driven the autobahn quite a bit in Germany and most americans i think would **** their pants. there is absolutely no room for BS when cars around you are traveling in excess of 140mph. and NOT getting in accidents.

it blows me away that i can drive there for 3 months straight each time i go and see ZERO accidents on the freeway with a speed range of 80-150mph. yet at least one day a week in america some ****ing moron crashes there car going 60 or less. what the hell is wrong with us.
Old 04-29-11, 09:32 PM
IS144
Driver

Originally Posted by Pnthrzrule
Ok...I was just looking at the new posts and saw someone requesting help because their Navi Hack went wrong....well no crap it went wrong. What's next...an airbag hack...how about an anti lock brake hack so you just go slamming into the car in front of you as you're programming your nav that you just hacked...maybe you had your cell phone in the other hand texting as you were programming your next destination, while watching a dvd and slamming into a car because you hacked your anti-lock brakes and can't stop in time...and of course your air bag didn't go off because you hacked that as well and then when you're done with that you can remove your fire wall so that the flames will enter the cabin and consume you...of course you replaced all the oem glass with old style glass...cause it's cool...so instead of the safety glass shattering with no sharp edges you acutally get shards of glass thrown at you....so after all that...is it really worth it to be able to program your freakin nav while you car is moving? Geez pull the hell over and program that bad boy and please most certainly stay away from my town if you're gonna hack your nav!

Do you have a Prius too?
Old 04-29-11, 09:54 PM
my1s250
Lead Lap

No he mad because he is going through MANOPAUSE~!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-11, 10:10 PM
Agent0024
Pole Position

Old 04-30-11, 11:27 AM
FsterThanU
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nikon
you bring up a very valid point... most americans have absolutely no idea how the rest of the world works when it comes to driving. i've driven the autobahn quite a bit in Germany and most americans i think would **** their pants. there is absolutely no room for BS when cars around you are traveling in excess of 140mph. and NOT getting in accidents.

it blows me away that i can drive there for 3 months straight each time i go and see ZERO accidents on the freeway with a speed range of 80-150mph. yet at least one day a week in america some ****ing moron crashes there car going 60 or less. what the hell is wrong with us.
Yeah I agree, I spent some time in Europe too and these politicians and lawmakers should take a good look there. Higher speed does not equal more accidents. Its all about how you drive a car and **** well if someone is too busy stuffing their face with McDonalds they shouldn't be controlling a 3500 pound object. Hell people buying cars here look at how many cup holders a car has lmao while Porsches in Germany didnt even have cupholders till a few years back.
Old 04-30-11, 12:32 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

How is this thread still open?? lol

Quick Reply: !!!!!are we losing our minds??? Stop disabling safety features!!!!