IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip

Old 07-21-12, 02:30 AM
CleanIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know the part number for the harness that's plugs into the led board? And does it come with a cap?
Old 07-21-12, 08:31 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by stanjohn12
I should have asked this question much earlier but still it's never too late.

My question is if I connected the 2012 OEM headlights to my 2010 IS without doing any re-wiring , essentially everything else should work ( like indicators , high beam . low beam etc ) except the LED DRL lights , correct ?
Correct.... Still Plug & Play... Just that your LED strip will NOT light up..

Basically, you just want the dealership to install the new lights and be done with it..

We can guide you into getting them to light up yourself..

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 07-21-12 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-21-12, 08:58 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Smile

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Correct.... Still Plug &Plag... Just that your LED strip will NOT light up..

Basically, you just want the dealership to install the new lights and be done with it..

We can guide you into getting them to light up yourself..

~ Joe Z
Thanks a lot Joe. Will call them right away tomorrow and ask them to keep my car there till they get the 2012 headlights.
Old 07-21-12, 01:10 PM
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CleanIS
Anyone know the part number for the harness that's plugs into the led board? And does it come with a cap?

the part number for the harness you refer to is 81125-53450 and yes it has the cap that you need to plug the bottom of the headlight. You also need this locking cap P/N : 90075-66004 to plug the area where the high beams are. The flasher relay P/N is 81980-06020. These were the three parts I needed to get my headlights to function properly on my 07.
Old 07-21-12, 01:56 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Thanks a lot Joe. Will call them right away tomorrow and ask them to keep my car there till they get the 2012 headlights.
While your waiting... Make sure you have them order the NEW Flasher Relay, Lexus / Toyota Part # 81980-06020
That takes all of about 5 minutes to find unplug & replug the new unit.

Also at minimum, they might have to modify your current bumper brackets with a dremel so that they can properly mount them under the new headlight housings.. (If they weren't damaged)

I'm sure you saw the photos in this thread already, of that process...
DIY: 2012MY led headlight installation ("how to")

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 07-21-12 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-21-12, 05:27 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I should have asked this question much earlier but still it's never too late.

My question is if I connected the 2012 OEM headlights to my 2010 IS without doing any re-wiring , essentially everything else should work ( like indicators , high beam . low beam etc ) except the LED DRL lights , correct ?
Yeah should work the same the only different is the 2011 lights doesnt have afs, if your 2010 has hid and afs. You will have afs blinking light on your dash, but if your 2010 have just halogen lights, so u dont have to worry anything beside the mounting brackets need to be trim to make it fit on the 2012 headlights
Old 07-22-12, 08:58 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Smile

Originally Posted by ohiois350
Yeah should work the same the only different is the 2011 lights doesnt have afs, if your 2010 has hid and afs. You will have afs blinking light on your dash, but if your 2010 have just halogen lights, so u dont have to worry anything beside the mounting brackets need to be trim to make it fit on the 2012 headlights
Thanks Ohiois. Yeah I do have HID and AFS on my IS. So I will be getting the blinking AFS. It's no big deal for me. But will the auto leveling also not work when AFS blinks ? Again this is not a big issue as mostly the roads are straight here but good to know if I will loose this feature or not
Old 07-22-12, 09:05 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Smile

While your waiting... Make sure you have them order the NEW Flasher Relay, Lexus / Toyota Part # 81980-06020

Also at minimum, they might have to modify your current bumper brackets with a dremel so that they can properly mount them under the new headlight housings.. (If they weren't damaged)

I'm sure you saw the photos in this thread already, of that process...
DIY: 2012MY led headlight installation ("how to")

~ Joe Z
Thanks a bunch Joe. I guess they might have the relay flasher in stock but obviously can't take chances , it's better I tell them about it now itself.

Yeah I'm guessing they will modify the bracket a bit. I spoke to my advisor today but he said I better talk to the management here to convince them to fit the 2012 lights. I need to go meet them again and tell them about my issue. Seems like the tech does not know half of what I know or maybe they are not willing to take a risk.

My advisor though was pretty impressed with my knowledge on the headlights , thank to all you guys here of course
Old 07-22-12, 09:09 AM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Ohiois. Yeah I do have HID and AFS on my IS. So I will be getting the blinking AFS. It's no big deal for me. But will the auto leveling also not work when AFS blinks ? Again this is not a big issue as mostly the roads are straight here but good to know if I will loose this feature or not
When the AFS indicator blinks, your 11 or 12 lights will still auto level just fine. If at some point you do find it annoying, you could remove your gauge cluster and put black electric tape over the light. Another option would be if you don't wanna do that, just remove the HP LVL (something like that) fuse and won't get the flashing light anymore BUT you will lose the auto leveling with it.
Old 07-22-12, 09:28 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

The auto level still work even the afs light blink
Old 07-22-12, 10:24 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

How much do you guys think the installation should be if I buy the Sewell plug and play one and get the dealer or a shop to install it? How long does it take for the DIY?

My headlights are kinda scratched up; thought I might as well upgrade ...
Old 07-23-12, 03:35 AM
CleanIS
Driver School Candidate

So I'm kinda confuse about which wire needs to be repin and does the red wire need to be tap into the white/blk wire?
Old 07-25-12, 07:45 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Unhappy

~ Joe Z
Originally Posted by ohiois350
[/QUOTE]

I am very sorry guy's. My dealership just refused point blank to fit the 2012 headlights. I tried arguing a lot stating even that I don't need warranty and will be responsible for anything wrong that happens. They said there is no way they can do it and have never done it for any customers here. I told them to make an exception and they said " NO " .
Old 07-25-12, 07:58 AM
cyberscorp
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

[quote=stanjohn12;7379619]

I am very sorry guy's. My dealership just refused point blank to fit the 2012 headlights. I tried arguing a lot stating even that I don't need warranty and will be responsible for anything wrong that happens. They said there is no way they can do it and have never done it for any customers here. I told them to make an exception and they said " NO " .
Hi Stan, Based on your knowledge and research on the Headlight (you're probably an expert by now), why can't you tackle the project yourself? I'm just curious . . . JD
Old 07-25-12, 09:17 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

So tell them to hand you the parts and you will take care of it on your own...

Or just order a set from Sewell and again do it your self..

Problem solved..

~ Joe Z

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip