Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip

Old 07-21-14, 06:52 PM   #616
knbnguyen
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

There's a couple thing you need to do in order to get your LED strip to work. Take the picture of your headlights and your harness and post them up and i will tell you what i did. Hopefully your headlights came with the blinker harness too... because i had to go to lexus to buy them.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
knbnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 08:05 AM   #617
REXUSisF
Driver School Candidate

Got my passenger side light in today. Will the covers off of my 2010 ISF lights transfer over to the new lights? Im trying to have little to no surprises once I pull the trigger to take the bumper off
REXUSisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-14, 11:09 AM   #618
Jlugo04
Driver School Candidate

Default Headlight w/led strip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinktwice View Post
IMPORTANT note for anyone wanting to do this upgrade:

I've been wondering for the past couple weeks why my LEDs didn't seem so bright. I've finally figured out that since the 2011 model has two different LED intensities with these headlights, one for parking lights and one for DRLs, I must've made a mistake and wired it to work as the parking lights (which is the intensity when the low beams are on with the 2011 models).

First off, I made a mistake, there is no wire splicing involved. Disregard what I did with the red wire. The only wire that needs to be relocated in the connector for the higher intensity LEDs is the green one (no stripes) needs to be in place of where I have the thinner black one in the photo, and that's it - plug n play. Extremely simple upgrade as it turns out.

Below is an example of the passenger side with the parking light intensity and the driver's side with the DRL intensity. So if you go into a dealership and just turn on the parking light of a 2011 model, all you're getting is the lower intensity parking light LED (aka dimmer LED). However, the DRL intensity LED is BRIGHT, as in Audi bright!

Click the image to open in full size.
Hey my name is Juan and just put on 2011 hid w/led strip headlight on my 2007 Lexus is250 and can not get the led light to turn on. Can you please email me juanmlugo@live.com
Jlugo04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-14, 11:09 AM

Tags
06, 2011, 250, car, clublexus, hardwire, headligh, headlight, headlights, is250, led, lexus, lights, strip, upgrade