IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-12, 12:06 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Remember GUYS.. this is the DIY thread....

As in we purchased housings on our own, that were NOT pre-wired...

This thread has almost nothing to do with the pre-wired Sewell kits....

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 04-30-12 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-30-12, 05:24 PM
gemini1
FNM President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good thinking about doing that also.
Old 04-30-12, 07:17 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ohiois350
well all you have to rewire them, I don't if you want to cut the green wire, but it is the only way to run them without the problem? what I did was cut the green wire on both headlights and run them to the IG2 fuse, but you MUST CUT the wire
Ok this was what I was going to do. I do t mind cutting the wires. Just so I can confirm the procedure
Tap the red wire to the white and black like in the pic on page 7 then cut the big solid green wire on both head lights and run them to the ignition in the fuse box and you are good , 100 percent led when the car is on. Then go to dealer and disable the old drl . I hope I am correct I hate poking and hoping when it comes to electrical stuff
Old 04-30-12, 07:28 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by stasis3131
Ok this was what I was going to do. I do t mind cutting the wires. Just so I can confirm the procedure
Tap the red wire to the white and black like in the pic on page 7 then cut the big solid green wire on both head lights and run them to the ignition in the fuse box and you are good , 100 percent led when the car is on. Then go to dealer and disable the old drl . I hope I am correct I hate poking and hoping when it comes to electrical stuff
If you got the stripped lights from sewell, you don't have to tap the red wire to any wire, just leave the way it was, all you have to do is cut the small green wire came from the leds on the bottom of the lights and run them together to the ig2 fuse? That it
Old 04-30-12, 07:33 PM
pearl10is
Driver School Candidate

If you got the stripped lights from sewell, you don't have to tap the red wire to any wire, just leave the way it was, all you have to do is cut the small green wire came from the leds on the bottom of the lights and run them together to the ig2 fuse? That it
I just finished mine today as the same as yours. Now I need to go to Lexus and turn the dry lights off and I'm should be good. I have the spdt 5 relay terminal to make them as OEM but I think I may roll with them 100% for a while.
Old 04-30-12, 07:35 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Mine came off a oem car. I didn't get them from Sewell. Got them off a wrecked 2012

And I don't have any wires coming from the bottom of the light but I do see a spot where it looks like a plug goes there . The guy didn't give me the circle dust covers . I might be missing some wires then. All I see is the wiring harness, turn signal , and high beam wires.

Last edited by stasis3131; 04-30-12 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-30-12, 07:59 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Mine came off a oem car. I didn't get them from Sewell. Got them off a wrecked 2012

And I don't have any wires coming from the bottom of the light but I do see a spot where it looks like a plug goes there . The guy didn't give me the circle dust covers . I might be missing some wires then. All I see is the wiring harness, turn signal , and high beam wires.
do you have the black circle dust cover on the bottom of the light where we all have to mod the bracket to make it fit on older IS? so if you do have that dust cover? that cover has three wires come out from there, one black, one white and one GREEN, if you do have it, that is the wire you have to cut, and run that wire to IG2, that all you have to do, before install the bumper back on just make sure test it first to see is the leds turn on when the car is on?
Old 04-30-12, 08:04 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

do you have the black circle dust cover on the bottom of the light where we all have to mod the bracket to make it fit on older IS? so if you do have that dust cover? that cover has three wires come out from there, one black, one white and one GREEN, if you do have it, that is the wire you have to cut, and run that wire to IG2, that all you have to do, before install the bumper back on just make sure test it first to see is the leds turn on when the car is on?
Well I don't have that piece or those wires so I guess I left them or the guy didn't thunk about giving them to me. Any idea what part number it is. Gonna order it tonight from Sewell. I had a feeling I didn't have all the pieces from the car when I got the lights.

So when I get the dust cover with wires just run the green to the ignition and just plug the harness up directly no cutting or moving wires on it needed.
Old 04-30-12, 08:12 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Well I don't have that piece or those wires so I guess I left them or the guy didn't thunk about giving them to me. Any idea what part number it is. Gonna order it tonight from Sewell. I had a feeling I didn't have all the pieces from the car when I got the lights.

So when I get the dust cover with wires just run the green to the ignition and just plug the harness up directly no cutting or moving wires on it needed.
yeah, all you have to cut the green wire, because that wire is 100% bright, and the white wire from that three wire loop is the negative and the black wire is 50% bright, all you just need only one wire (green) hook to IG2 fuse, do you the pics of the bottom of the headlights you bought? I wonder why they did come with the wire harness? that leds wire harness is run along with turn signal wire loop too.
Old 04-30-12, 08:16 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Hold on let me get on my pc and upload the pics
Old 04-30-12, 08:42 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

all i got was the head lights and some rubber gaskets no dust covers and surely no dust covers with a wire coming out of it. and i took a pic of that connector that open and it looks like a 3 wire plug would go there.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip-photo-2-7-.jpg   Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip-photo-3-7-.jpg   Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip-photo-4-3-.jpg   Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip-photo-5-2-.jpg   Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip-photo-1-7-.jpg  

Old 04-30-12, 08:58 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

all i got was the head lights and some rubber gaskets no dust covers and surely no dust covers with a wire coming out of it. and i took a pic of that connector that open and it looks like a 3 wire plug would go there.
yeah you are missing the plug there, the leds plug has the cover too, are you sure you bought from the wreck car? it look like the headlight core from sewell sent to me to replace my 2011 one, i got the new replacement without the leds wire too, just swap the old wire harness to the new one, and from the first pic look like that connect got loose? can you fell it loose? if it is loose you might have the problem later on to get the leds turn on? but anyway the wire harness I looked on carson toyota part like $18 a piece
Old 04-30-12, 09:06 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

yeah you are missing the plug there, the leds plug has the cover too, are you sure you bought from the wreck car? it look like the headlight core from sewell sent to me to replace my 2011 one, i got the new replacement without the leds wire too, just swap the old wire harness to the new one, and from the first pic look like that connect got loose? can you fell it loose? if it is loose you might have the problem later on to get the leds turn on? but anyway the wire harness I looked on carson toyota part like $18 a piece
Yeah I got them right off a wrecked is350 I never have ordered from Sewell before. I started to get mine from there but they charge like a extra 130 bucks for me cause I live in Texas so we pay tax.

And I thought I had missed the sale but either way I don't mind paying a few extra bucks for a piece of wire. Still cheaper then 1390 bucks from Sewell .

I knew something looked funny with that plug gone. The worker at the collision shop took the off the car for me. One was already off and boxed up. I should have looked them over better. I'll check tomorrow if the dust covers are still there. If not another 50 bucks won't hurt
Old 04-30-12, 09:09 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

The connector is tight it's not loose at all. Probably my iPhone pic. Thanks for the info and do you have a link for Carson Toyota and a part number. I am gonna order the wires tonight or in the morning
Old 04-30-12, 09:17 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

The connector is tight it's not loose at all. Probably my iPhone pic. Thanks for the info and do you have a link for Carson Toyota and a part number. I am gonna order the wires tonight or in the morning
well I don't know this is correct, but here
http://www.trademotion.com/parts/201...Wire%20harness

Quick Reply: Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip