IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Just about to purchase a 2011 IS250 but can't decide between Deep Back or Pearl White

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-11, 08:33 AM
CTI
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just about to purchase a 2011 IS250 but can't decide between Deep Back or Pearl White

Hello,

I am new here and just about to purchase my first Lexus! I will be going with the IS250 Leather/Moonroof/Nav Package. I am having a hard time deciding between the Deep Black or Pearl White colour for the exterior. The interior will definitely be black.

I normally prefer black on cars but then I saw and test drove this car in the Pearl White and so the self debate began...

Anyone have any comments on what they think looks best for this ride ?

Thank you in advanced.
Old 04-17-11, 08:41 AM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you're going to keep the car for a vary long time Id get white. Black is a pain to maintain because you see every flaw. But if you have skills using a PC then you could always correct it. Up to you bro
Old 04-17-11, 08:55 AM
Lexitegra
Lexus Test Driver

Both colors are beautiful, but it comes down to preference and maintenance. Black is pretty high maintenance with regard to keeping it clean and swirl free but it looks really good. White requires a little less attention when it comes to this, but still looks great! It's your car, buy the color you want! What gave you second thoughts about black?
Old 04-17-11, 09:09 AM
ddhleigh
Pole Position

Between those two choices I'd pick white myself. With black you see flaws in the paint if you don't maintain it well.

Don't like any other color Lexus offers?
Old 04-17-11, 09:27 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ask the Astrologer which color is "lucky" for you i.e. bring you good luck, etc.
Old 04-17-11, 09:38 AM
SPNinjA
Lead Lap

Like these guys are saying...black to me looks the best only if you take good care of it. My first car was black but, it looked like crappy because I didn't always have the time to keep up with the cleaning. With a white car, I can go without cleaning for a while and still have it look nice. Also, one other thing to consider. Pearl white is a pretty difficult color to match if you ever got some sort of minor scratches or whatever.
Old 04-17-11, 09:46 AM
Rykster
Pole Position

Default Black Is A Pain to Maintain

My IS350 is black. It looks great when clean and waxed. However, it is hard to keep looking that way. Given another choice, I'd choose anything BUT black.
Old 04-17-11, 09:51 AM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

get white dude, dont make the mistake i did. I asked the same question when i first came here too. Dont get me wrong, black is real nice if u take care of it. White is just alot easier to deal with and it looks nice. Do yourself a favor and get white
Old 04-17-11, 09:51 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

^I'm the opposite. I know it's a PITA to keep clean, but I love detailing her! Between the two choices, though, I'd get the white simply because with all the snow, there is less maintenance. As SPNinjA mentioned, too, pearl white would be a difficult color to match, as it requires some fine paint mixures to get it to that pearlized look. Best of luck!
Old 04-17-11, 09:54 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

You best bet if you go Black is to make sure you clean it, Klasse AIO it and finally top it with BFWD (Black Fire Wet Diamond). I had applied one coat in October 2010 (Read about it here ) and I swear the only thing I need to do after a rain is to let it dry out, and then I wipe it clean with a soft microfiber cloth and it is clean like a whistle. It has even endured cash washes from the Lexus dealer. Amazing. No water spots too.
Old 04-17-11, 09:54 AM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

^^^ Im just getting into the detailing myself. I just wished i had a garage, keeping her outside with all the elements is just too rough. I might consider covering her up once i get her fully detailed

Last edited by Bigrahizzl; 04-17-11 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-17-11, 10:07 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bigrahizzl
^^^ Im just getting into the detailing myself. I just wished i had a garage, keeping her outside with all the elements is just too rough. I might consider covering her up once i get her fully detailed
Hmm....I have a garage, but never have I garaged any of my cars yet. They all stay outside. I guess a good wash, polish(Klasse AIO), and sealant like BFWD is as good as a it gets.

The last car I had, sold it after 7.5 years, looked brand new, never garaged. Even the buyer was thinking it was just a 2 year old car.
Old 04-17-11, 11:09 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

I've debated this on a number of cars, including the IS. Always end up getting black. Looks too good.

It is hard to keep clean, but I must be dumb or something, because I keep getting black anyways.

Jeff
Old 04-17-11, 11:28 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My vote is for black
Old 04-17-11, 11:47 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I love both colors, and maybe I'm biased but I don't regret getting a black car. Sure it's a pain to keep clean in the day but when it is, it's cherry. Not to mention at night it's downright sinister

Quick Reply: Just about to purchase a 2011 IS250 but can't decide between Deep Back or Pearl White