IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Asked for Lexus Glass, Got chinese aftermarket...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-11, 05:04 AM
Raioh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read you posts and I just wanted to say good work there putting the hurt on them.

I wanted to add that the business is listed on BBB with a grade of A and all of the owner's info.

http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-r...on-tx-90123024

You should submit a complaint to BBB with all the details and see if they can help you or at least lower their grade a bit.
Old 04-02-11, 05:18 AM
dsadsauser
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Raioh
I read you posts and I just wanted to say good work there putting the hurt on them.

I wanted to add that the business is listed on BBB with a grade of A and all of the owner's info.

http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-r...on-tx-90123024

You should submit a complaint to BBB with all the details and see if they can help you or at least lower their grade a bit.
+1... This is definitely the way to go. Anyone with expertise in dealing with the BBB please speak now. OP, a pending assault charge would help your case.
Old 04-02-11, 08:17 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Same here, got a PPG windshield and it was pretty much as good as OEM. Patrick, keep up the good work!
THanks jeff. BTW If you still get parts I'd like to buy another pair of front brake pads (I can DIY now) and give you back the old (as I think they were lifetime warranty-just send back...right?).
Old 04-02-11, 08:51 AM
allst4r
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wish u had him spraying you with the hose on tape...so that would help you with your assault case...
Old 04-02-11, 09:42 AM
slidingIS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is fantastic. Its been a long time since ive been so entertained by a thread. keep up the good work. We have civil rights for a reason and your using them like they were meant to be. i hope all turns out well
Old 04-02-11, 12:43 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by allst4r
i wish u had him spraying you with the hose on tape...so that would help you with your assault case...
Eh, the cops saw it was done....and a LOT of people around saw it (other business owners/workers)
Old 04-02-11, 01:02 PM
dsadsauser
Pole Position

Update from today? What's the word on the street?
Old 04-02-11, 01:33 PM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

^^ and did anyone join you today?
Old 04-02-11, 01:38 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

He's here, not out there.
Old 04-02-11, 05:56 PM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol. this is legit!
Old 04-02-11, 05:59 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by patrick323
I wish I wouldn't have fallen for the "this glass is as good as the oem lexus" speech. I figure if the glass that was on it was perfect.....the new glass should be perfect.
I'm quite rude to sales people. They are incented to tell you whatever they need to sell the product, so of course they would say its as good as OEM.

Never listen to the sales person. Do your own research.
Old 04-02-11, 06:58 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

I went out today, Friends either slept late or just didnt reply out of laziness. I considered going and picking up some workers from the local mexican immigrant spot but I dont want anyone deported haha. I stood out there for about 2 hours . Business was slow anyway (figured it would be good on saturday). So, to be continued monday.
Old 04-02-11, 07:35 PM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by *Batman*
I'm quite rude to sales people. They are incented to tell you whatever they need to sell the product, so of course they would say its as good as OEM.

Never listen to the sales person. Do your own research.
Not true. Many "sales people" are honest too and/or earn little commission on what they sell. They may just be misinformed themselves. What basis do you have that they'll tell you whatever they can to sell a product? Not all of them are snake oil salesmen. The fact that you're "quite rude" to sales people also reflects poor character - everybody deserves to be treated with a little respect.

When I had my windshield replaced recently, I had to settle for an aftermarket with more wind noise. It wasn't the mechanic's fault, but the insurance company that insisted that there was no way I would get OEM without forking out the difference myself. Of course, in this thread, it appears that the OP has gotten under their skin enough that they want to rid themselves of everything related to him.
Old 04-02-11, 07:38 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

THATS THE IDEA. Thorn in the side!!!!
Old 04-02-11, 08:18 PM
doneright
Driver School Candidate

Default My side of the story

I would be interested in what you car enthusiasts think about this situation! I am the owner of AAA Done Right Auto Glass in Denton TX. We do car inspections, window tint, auto glass and many other car repairs. Normally, we do a great job for people and want them to be very satisfied with our work. I would do almost anything to have a happy customer!

Here is the entire story and maybe you guys can help us come to some kind of resolution without getting lawyers involved. I want to do the right thing but do not want to be scammed by someone who just wants something for free.

Patrick came into our shop to have his broken windshield repaired. As we have done thousands of times before for other customers we tried to help save his windshield. He let his insurance cover the repair and he signed a waiver that warned him about the possibility of the repair failing. If the repair fails we offer to credit what we are paid towards a new windshield. During the repair his crack spread as we tried to inject the liquid resin into the windshield. This only happens one time out of 500 repairs or so. As you can imagine he was very disappointed when he was that unlucky customer.

One month later Patrick calls us to have the windshield replaced through his insurance. He has a $100 deductible so we credited the $50 repair plus we ate the rest of the deductible since we normally will credit $50 on insurance jobs since we are paid more than cash jobs. He did request a "Lexus" windshield when he ordered the windshield and I passed that info along to the employee who places and coordinates the order. Most insurance companies will not pay for OEM glass unless they are bullied into it by the customer. The reason being there is no difference in an actual "Lexus" stamped windshield and a high quality L brand glass. Lexus does not manufacture any windshields. They hire these same companies to make the glass for them and stamp them with the Lexus name. The windshield (glass only) for his car retails at $1025 at the Lexus dealership. Lexus would hire a company like us to install the windshield if you went to them to have the work done. You would probably pay close to $2000 for the installation at the dealership if you requested the "Lexus" windshield not just an L brand. They would put the L brand on your car if you did not specify and probably charge $1000.

Anyway, he agreed to having the L brand glass installed before we actually did the work. Two days later he calls back complaining that the glass is distorted and he wants us to install a "Lexus" windshield. We go to bat for him at the insurance company and tell them the customer is demanding the Lexus stamp. The insurance reluctantly agrees to pay for the Lexus windshield. We call Patrick back with the good news ready to install the windshield he wants. But now he wants us to pay for the windshield not the insurance company. He is blaming us for breaking the windshield not the rock! At this point we quickly realize that this is a no win situation. Here is the email I received later that day:

Dear AAA Done Right Auto Glass,

You broke my $1,200 dollar Lexus windshield during a chip repair. I understand that no chip repair is guaranteed. However, when a worker breaks a window in the process due to negligence or because of distraction or simply incorrect procedure (talking to buddies as he is doing the work, eyes squinted as smoke from his cigarette blows in his eyes....he was not even watching what he was doing until he heard the crack) it is then your responsibility as a business/business owner to make up for that mistake. I will no longer afford you any opportunities to fix this yourself. You have had 3 chances with me.

1st chance (to fix the chip): Fail - due to bad workmanship

2nd chance ( to replace the windshield with OEM factory glass, as requested 3 times before installation): Fail - due to not providing the glass I requested (at State Farm's cost) and talking me into (rather conning me into) a $150 Chinese window. The worst window I've seen since the 70's or 80's. I was told that it would be as good as the factory glass by your "best installer with 35 years of experience" who I foolishly decided to trust. I fail to see how a $150-$200 Chinese windshield can be of similar quality to a $1,000, japanese, acoustically engineered, Lexus window. Upon completion of the work...the passenger side of the glass shows distortions, waviness, impairing my view of the road. There are also signs of poor workmanship (dried resin mess, damaged stripping, etc. etc).

3d chance (to redo the job using factory OEM glass at expense of State Farm): Fail - you outright refused to do the work AFTER having found the parts and submitting a request to State Farm. You also outright refused to do this after (finally) a civil conversation ending in a plan to do it the next afternoon.

You now have bad consumer reviews on the three (to start) top google hits for your business:

http://www.automd.com/shops/aaa-done...o-glass_10501/

http://local.yahoo.com/info-77063910...o-glass-denton

http://www.yellowbot.com/aaa-done-ri...frisco-tx.html

You have lost your chance to do this work correctly, yourself. I am now holding you responsible to compensate me for the cost of a new window, all needed parts, and labor from a shop with higher standards, more qualified workers, and stronger business ethics. I believe your figure was near $1,250. I will accept cash or a check, which will be taken to the bank it was written from immediately after it is written.

****** ********** ******** *********** ************ ************ ************ ************** ************* **********

If I do not receive this compensation by noon tomorrow, April 1st, I will do the following things....all within my rights as a consumer and citizen:

- First, I will continue to write 3 bad consumer reviews every day (going down the hit list on google) until I receive this compensation for my damaged property.

- Second, and of greater consequence to you, I am going to make protest signs explaining your actions and stand on city property near your business so that everyone passing by and anyone thinking of entering your business lot will see.

I will not waver. I will not yield. I will not stop protesting and reviewing until you compensate me directly. This/these are my rights and I will exercise them to the furthest extent that is legally available to me and for as long as it takes.

I am not reporting a $1,200 claim on my insurance record for a mistake you made out of negligence. You, yourself told me "that was my mistake" (regarding the broken windshield during repair) on the phone today. Proof enough to me that you know that this is your responsibility. This is YOUR responsiblity. Not State Farm's.

Sincerely,

<name edited - do not post personal details on our forum>

The worker who did the repair has done hundreds of these repairs and could do them with his eyes closed.

The third chance is a lie!!

The only mistake I admitted was that he ordered the "Lexus" windshield and I thought maybe there was a miscommunication between myself and my employee. Come to find out he agreed to the L brand before we installed it.

Now he is trying to put me out of business over the chip repair gone bad. As you can see he wants to systematically post bad comments all over the internet. He has shown up at my shop 2 times so far with signs yelling profanity and insults at me. Who is to say if I pay him off as he requests that he will quit extorting me for more money? I have not been paid anything so far for trying to fix his windshield. I canceled the claim with his insurance and have given him a free windshield. What else can I do???

Most of you guys probably own businesses or are involved in management in your place of employment or you would not be driving a Lexus in the first place. How would you deal with this guy?

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-02-11 at 09:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Asked for Lexus Glass, Got chinese aftermarket...