IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS F-Sport Package

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-11, 04:26 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Gymniac
Hi, I'm new here as well and also interested in IS350 with F-Sport package. But I too find Lexus' "Build Your IS" feature utterly useless and confusing. The question I have are:

1. Do ALL IS350s, F-Sport Package or not, come equipped with HID standard?
For 2011 it's standard. For prior years it was always optional.

2. Is it possible to pick one of the three "Package A, B, and C" when you pick F-Sport package? If not, what do you get as standard when you choose F-Sport package?
A B and C aren't "real" factory option packages. They are the way your local area dealers get their cars built.

If you want to see the real options available on the car from the factory ignore the "build your own" crap site and go here:

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

it lists the F-sport package and what comes in it.

3. I noticed that none of the three packages had Mark Levinson in it. So how does one actually get ML if he/she wants it? For instance, is it possible to get ML in a IS350 with F-Sport package?
If your local dealer doesn't get cars built the way you want, but what you want is possible according to the site I listed, you have 2 options:

He can check with dealers nationally to see if ANY region gets em that way. Or if not you can special order.

Note- most Lexus dealers suck at special orders. Many won't do it at all, many more won't do it competently, and still others will insist on MSRP for it.

There's a few dealers actually smart enough to see the value in a guaranteed sale to someone who knows what he wants though so you can sometimes get lucky with a smart dealer and get a good deal on a special order.

Either way it'll be 2-3 months to get the car if done properly.

4. What is the going rate of these cars with F-Sport packages? The one I was looking at had only 3000 miles on but the dealer wants 41500 for it. The car had F-Sport Exhaust which, I believe is NOT part of the Sport package. Considering the F-Sport IS350 starts at 41010. That seems a bit stiff even for a only 3000 mile old car? Are there deals to be had on these cars?

TIA
I expect the AWD 350 to be a bit pricey right now since it's new but I certainly wouldn't pay any significant amount over invoice for a RWD 350... it's a 6 year old model at this point.
Old 04-19-11, 07:33 AM
Gymniac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, everyone for the reply.

OP, the 41010 start price you mentioned is without Nav.
That's a good point and the car I was looking at did have a nav. I guess I'd have add $2465 to the total price of the car when new. It also had F-sport exhaust, which is about $1500. So the total price of the car when new would have been just about $45000. So it sounds like if I can get it for $39000, that would be a great deal?

Note- most Lexus dealers suck at special orders. Many won't do it at all, many more won't do it competently, and still others will insist on MSRP for it.
It just sounds like a lot of hassle. Originally, I thought ML was a must but I'd rather have F-Sports than ML given the choice. But apparently, it's nearly impossible to have both .
Old 04-19-11, 07:50 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could be a hassle, but if you have time to wait I suggest you do special order. Its always better to get exactly what u want.
Old 04-19-11, 08:35 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Yup, from my perspective why spend 40 grand on something that is NOT exactly what you want?

It can indeed be a pain to find a competent dealer for special orders- I had to speak to at least 3... less competent... folks before I found someone willing to do a real special order, do it well, and offer a good price on it... but it was worth it IMHO (I special ordered to get the sport package- which didn't exist in my region at all, and to get ML -without- nav, which doesn't exist anywhere besides special order, because the 06-09 nav system kinda sucked)
Old 04-19-11, 08:35 AM
raptor22
Lead Lap

yeah it's true it's always better to get exactly what one wants. But in this case, one can't get ML with the F-Sport package, even with a special order. i looked at the ordering guide when i ordered my F-Sport package. The two options 'conflict' with each other. you need the luxury package to get ML.
Old 04-19-11, 10:05 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by raptor22
yeah it's true it's always better to get exactly what one wants. But in this case, one can't get ML with the F-Sport package, even with a special order. i looked at the ordering guide when i ordered my F-Sport package. The two options 'conflict' with each other. you need the luxury package to get ML.
That seems bizarre to me given ML was always a stand-alone option not related to any other option in the car (except arguably nav since having nav or not changed what you got in the ML package).

Plus, the F-sport package replaces the previous Sport package- which was certainly order-able with ML (as my car among others proves).

It's possible Lexus has gotten even crappier with their special order process for 2011, but I can't think of any good reason the two options would "conflict" or have anything at all to do with each other.
Old 04-19-11, 11:19 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Is this a website you're using as a guide? Or this is part of the Lexus's official ordering sheet when you were at the dealership placing the order itself?

When I spoke to the sales, I was assused, yes that one can order anything they want. ie. F-Sport + Luxury + Nav + Parking Sensors + ML if one wanted.
Old 04-19-11, 12:12 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kurtz
That seems bizarre to me given ML was always a stand-alone option not related to any other option in the car (except arguably nav since having nav or not changed what you got in the ML package).

Plus, the F-sport package replaces the previous Sport package- which was certainly order-able with ML (as my car among others proves).

It's possible Lexus has gotten even crappier with their special order process for 2011, but I can't think of any good reason the two options would "conflict" or have anything at all to do with each other.
yeah i can't understand why they don't allow ML (even if it was part of Nav+ML package) for the F-Sport package either. And the ordering guide for the 2011 doesn't show ML as stand-alone option.

Originally Posted by Sango
Is this a website you're using as a guide? Or this is part of the Lexus's official ordering sheet when you were at the dealership placing the order itself?

When I spoke to the sales, I was assused, yes that one can order anything they want. ie. F-Sport + Luxury + Nav + Parking Sensors + ML if one wanted.
it's the US ordering guide from the dealership. Park assist and Nav can go with any package. Nav+ML (together) can go with the Luxury package, but not F-Sport. And it's either F-Sport OR Luxury package, not both.

Last edited by raptor22; 04-19-11 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-19-11, 02:29 PM
felixdang
Driver

You can get all of the options if you get the ISF

But its up there in price tho
Old 04-19-11, 02:43 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah i can't understand why they don't allow ML (even if it was part of Nav+ML package) for the F-Sport package either. And the ordering guide for the 2011 doesn't show ML as stand-alone option.

it's the US ordering guide from the dealership. Park assist and Nav can go with any package. Nav+ML (together) can go with the Luxury package, but not F-Sport. And it's either F-Sport OR Luxury package, not both.
Ah ok, great thanks!! Maybe one needs to rise it to Lexus Japan and see if they could do such a thing (with $$$ of course)
Old 04-21-11, 11:43 AM
Sam_I_Am
Driver School Candidate

my IS350 F Sport had only one other option, the Nav. the Lexus F-sport website has the F options and package explained, but nowhere could I configure or build it with f-sport package. Really wierd. I could pick the alcantara on the rear drive IS, but that;s about it. For me, the sport seats are a must, ML not so much. I am happy with the car as is.

If anybody wants a really clean 2003 IS300 IBP, MT 5spd, and suede, 51K miles, ping me.

I don't have enoughs posts to advertise in the classifieds now.