IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help! headlights all out and fog not working!

Old 03-05-11, 03:28 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help! headlights all out and fog not working!

Urgent help guys! So basically my headlights and fog went out, but i have checked all the fuses and none of them are blown and i even changed the HID bulbs back to the OEM Lexus bulbs, but my headlights still won't light up!

Currently my car is still under warranty, however, i don't have all the OEM bulbs with me anymore and i have a lip on my car, so it will be impossible to change my fog bulbs back to stock without taking off the lip first ! and lexus refuse to check my car for me unless everything is returned to stock

So what other reasons that could be causing the problem that i am having?

The LIP is crewed on and tapped on...

I checked all the small fuses and none of them seem to be blown... but what about the big ones? how to check those?

basically i only have 1 fog light that is working... none of the headlights are working

Last edited by someboy; 03-05-11 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-06-11, 12:26 AM
mwolff
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just encountered the same or similar problem tonight. No headlights only fog, then the fogs just dimmed and went out completely. I could turn them off and back on and they would work for a few minutes. Interesting my brights work. Please post if you get it figured out! Thanks and goodluck
Old 03-06-11, 05:30 PM
100degrees
Pole Position

Are the fogs ran on a relay of any sort? Check the relay fuse. Also check the interior fuse box for blow fuses.
Old 03-06-11, 11:08 PM
Tchan1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the wrong fuse box. Check the driver side one. The fuses for headlight and fogs are located there.
Old 03-06-11, 11:30 PM
willfxp
Driver

Just curious, did you have OEM HID headlights or halogens? Which HID kit did you buy for both the headlights and foglights?
Old 03-07-11, 01:52 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

i actually have garax HID for headlight, i have the LED High beam and a HID kit for fog light. sorry i actually forgot which brand is my fog light HID kit.

I actually took off all my aftermarket bulb and spend about 130 on purchase OEM bulbs for my headlight and fog lights. Now my fog lights are on but not the headlights !

@Tuchan1 thank you ! i didn't know there is another fuse box! i will check it out tomorrow!
Old 03-12-11, 02:28 AM
eggwoll
Lead Lap

i am having this same problem. my headlights donlt work but my fogs do. occasionally one headlight works. Sometimes the right one works and sometimes the left one does but not at the same time. i checked all fuses, reset the battery, put the oem hid bulbs back on but no dice. whats wrong???
Old 03-17-11, 02:10 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

So basically i checked the fuses and none of them seem to be broken

And i found a cable in the driver side that is disconnected, anybody have any idea what this is? and where does it go back to? does it affect my low beams?

Basically right now lexus refuse to help me due to my car is modded and i had aftermarket bulbs on... Please help guys!!!!

Last edited by someboy; 03-17-11 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-17-11, 02:28 PM
eggwoll
Lead Lap

you should have put all the stock lights back on before you went into the dealer. I did that and they replaced both of my headlight housings, the ballasts and bulbs
Old 03-17-11, 03:07 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Honestly, you should just take off the bumper. You already did 1/2 of the work of taking off the bumper. Might as well just take it off to see what the problem is.
Old 03-18-11, 02:12 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eggwoll
you should have put all the stock lights back on before you went into the dealer. I did that and they replaced both of my headlight housings, the ballasts and bulbs

i know i should have done that >< i completely regret that ! do you think going to another dealer would work? or they would still have a record of what what happened?

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Honestly, you should just take off the bumper. You already did 1/2 of the work of taking off the bumper. Might as well just take it off to see what the problem is.
I just found out the cable was just for the dealers to check the computer on the car ><

i am stranded here... lexus dealership won't fix **** for me..
Old 03-18-11, 02:29 AM
eggwoll
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by someboy
i know i should have done that >< i completely regret that ! do you think going to another dealer would work? or they would still have a record of what what happened?
They probably put a flag on your car in the dealer network. you can try but I don't think much can be done unfortunately. unless you pay out of pocket.
Old 03-18-11, 08:56 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

you ever fix this? both my fogs are out...none of my fuses are out
Old 03-18-11, 02:13 PM
Tchan1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Remove the lining on the other side and swap the bulbs over. If the bulb does not light up then it could be the ballast. Just to be 100% sure put in a halogen bulb to see if it works. If it lights up then for sure it is the ballast.
Old 03-18-11, 02:16 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

^ will try that today. New HID kit and halogen. if not gotta take it into lexus...weird how they both dont work

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help! headlights all out and fog not working!