IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How many F-sports are there.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-11, 06:01 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

No really man F-Sports running around my area, since over here the want to promote AWD!!

I did see a the Canada's IS350 F-Sport in the showroom floor in Mercury Grey Metallic when I had my USB IS250 in there in Open Road Richmond Lexus. Some of the customer's were surprised and even some of the techs since it's so rare for a USB, and they thought it was an IS-F too!. The tech purposely parked it on the turntable too which is normally used to take pictures of CPO cars which they are going to sell which is visible to anyone to see at the dealership. (don't sell my car!!!)

When I came back to US from Canada, the US Border patrol officer was thrown off too about my car. Conversation...

Officer: IS?
Me: Yep!
Officer: Nice car!! How come you're missing the "scoup"?
Me: Wha??
Offficer: The "scoup" down there. Is this an IS-F?
Me: No, it's an IS250 with F-Sport Package, It looks like an IS-F - rare color.
Officer: Enjoy your ride!! Have a good nite!

Last edited by Sango; 11-15-11 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-15-11, 06:05 PM
CCM03
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my area i've seen about 3-4 other 2011 f-sports, All of them TP.
Old 11-15-11, 06:18 PM
ohface
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rash
Around 8 members have the 2011 F-Sport here, all 8 of them makes me jealous.
LOL I just bought one a few months ago and their were a combined 7 within 100 miles of the bay area. Very limited and still have only seen 1 on the road since I got it
Old 11-15-11, 06:51 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

just saw another one, and it looks like he lives in my neighborhood.
Old 11-15-11, 07:51 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have only seen two other F Sports on the road where I live, a TP and an obsidian. I have yet to see another USB on the road. My sister also just picked up a TP one.
Old 11-15-11, 08:37 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

I have seen a few, I think they might live around my area and might be the same ones I see over and over or maybe from the dealership since it's a few blocks from my house.... They told me when I was getting mine that the IS350 F-Sport was rare and hard to find unlike the IS250 F-Sport that seemed to be a lot easier to get by. During the months I spent hunting for my IS350 they offered me about 5 or 6 IS250s and I think one other IS350 F-Sport in USB.... I ended up with the SGM
Old 11-15-11, 08:40 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sango
No really man F-Sports running around my area, since over here the want to promote AWD!!

I did see a the Canada's IS350 F-Sport in the showroom floor in Mercury Grey Metallic when I had my USB IS250 in there in Open Road Richmond Lexus. Some of the customer's were surprised and even some of the techs since it's so rare for a USB, and they thought it was an IS-F too!. The tech purposely parked it on the turntable too which is normally used to take pictures of CPO cars which they are going to sell which is visible to anyone to see at the dealership. (don't sell my car!!!)

When I came back to US from Canada, the US Border patrol officer was thrown off too about my car. Conversation...

Officer: IS?
Me: Yep!
Officer: Nice car!! How come you're missing the "scoup"?
Me: Wha??
Offficer: The "scoup" down there. Is this an IS-F?
Me: No, it's an IS250 with F-Sport Package, It looks like an IS-F - rare color.
Officer: Enjoy your ride!! Have a good nite!
Lmao. I have this convo like once a week with the most random people. I'm surprised so many people know what a IS-F even is. Lol
Old 11-15-11, 10:47 PM
ohface
Pole Position

They have a ton of IS250 F (baby gurl editions ) rolling around but no IS350's
Old 11-16-11, 09:28 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL baby gurl editions....
Old 11-16-11, 10:14 AM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Sac...haven't seen another one except my black one. However, there are obviously a few at the dealer every time I'm there.
Old 11-18-11, 04:34 PM
ohface
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ohface
They have a ton of IS250 F (baby gurl editions ) rolling around but no IS350's
I crack myself up. I said (Baby Gurl Edition) LMAO.
Old 11-18-11, 10:15 PM
ISPanda
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I crack myself up. I said (Baby Gurl Edition) LMAO.
Lol thats true..a lot of 250s..very few 350s =P

Yo OhFace, I noticed on your mod list you have 35% tints. You run into any trouble with the CHP? I'm planning on getting 35% tints on my 350 as well and its the same as yours. Just wanted to make sure since i'm down here in So Cal. =)
Old 11-19-11, 10:10 AM
ohface
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISPanda
Lol thats true..a lot of 250s..very few 350s =P

Yo OhFace, I noticed on your mod list you have 35% tints. You run into any trouble with the CHP? I'm planning on getting 35% tints on my 350 as well and its the same as yours. Just wanted to make sure since i'm down here in So Cal. =)
I drive with two fingers ready to lock and load. LOL. You know its me rolling by when you see both front windows rolling down simultaneously. No really though I was very nervous in the beginning but its to hard to to scan all the time for cops. Yesterday I had my music thumping and I mean thumping with windows rolled up and a cop pulled right next to me. I scrambled to turn my music down before my windows. I think we have nice enough cars that they dont really pinch us for that. Whats bad for my car is I have a dark interior and 35% really looks like 25%. At night I have to be careful when I make a turn because side widows are pitch black. I have heard of alot of people getting pulled over for tint but not high line cars. Take it for what its worth but im still gonna roll them down I i see a cop.
Old 11-19-11, 10:20 AM
ohface
Pole Position

I drive with two fingers ready to lock and load. LOL. You know its me rolling by when you see both front windows rolling down simultaneously. No really though I was very nervous in the beginning but its to hard to to scan all the time for cops. Yesterday I had my music thumping and I mean thumping with windows rolled up and a cop pulled right next to me. I scrambled to turn my music down before my windows. I think we have nice enough cars that they dont really pinch us for that. Whats bad for my car is I have a dark interior and 35% really looks like 25%. At night I have to be careful when I make a turn because side widows are pitch black. I have heard of alot of people getting pulled over for tint but not high line cars. Take it for what its worth but im still gonna roll them down I i see a cop.
Heres a few pics
Attached Thumbnails How many F-sports are there.....-017.jpg   How many F-sports are there.....-2.jpg   How many F-sports are there.....-005.jpg   How many F-sports are there.....-029.jpg  
Old 11-19-11, 11:46 AM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive seen over 10 around my area, socal.
longo lexus has like 3-5 fsports alone

Quick Reply: How many F-sports are there.....