IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Didn't accept my cash offer

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-11, 11:18 PM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by felixdang
Yeh in not rich.. Im just an average job that was able to save up enough money to buy a nice car .
good for you! I wish I was able to save up that much without having the urge to spend it
Old 02-20-11, 02:10 PM
felixdang
Driver

Originally Posted by dvo
good for you! I wish I was able to save up that much without having the urge to spend it
I meant average Joe..lol my mentallity is when I want something work very hard to get it.. This will be my first luxury car at 27..hopefully it won't be my last..

It's just dealing with these stupid dealers are starting to get annoying.. Back and forth email back and forth calls.. Stressful
Old 02-20-11, 03:31 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I've never seen a car loan from a reputable lender that wasn't simple interest. I'd expect something like this from Titlemax, not from a legitimate dealership.
these days you're probably right but that doesn't mean the bank doesn't have other tricks they can use. i posted this link earlier, as you can see the rule is outlawed in several states but not all. bottom line is you need to be careful and read the retail contract carefully. fortunately i got hit with one of these loans early in life for brand new toyota from rudy luther (a traditional dealership) in minnesota back in the last 80s and it was pretty painful to watch, although I was able to last until the end and it became a valuable learning experience. The loan was from GMAC, I can still remember making payment in person at the office in bloomington at the corner of 494 and france ave.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/auto/20010827a.asp
Old 02-20-11, 04:51 PM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by felixdang
I meant average Joe..lol my mentallity is when I want something work very hard to get it.. This will be my first luxury car at 27..hopefully it won't be my last..

It's just dealing with these stupid dealers are starting to get annoying.. Back and forth email back and forth calls.. Stressful
I know EXACTLY what you mean. A year ago I was searching left and right for my first car and it was so frustrating to go to different dealers and negotiate. The IS wasn't even on my list of cars because I didn't think I would ever have a luxury car with my kind of budget. Surprisingly, I ended up getting my IS at a dealership about an hour away, which is ridiculous considering I live near 10+ dealerships, but if you want something that bad it shouldn't stop you.

I really hope you get your IS soon so you can join the fun
Old 02-21-11, 08:38 AM
felixdang
Driver

Originally Posted by dvo
I know EXACTLY what you mean. A year ago I was searching left and right for my first car and it was so frustrating to go to different dealers and negotiate. The IS wasn't even on my list of cars because I didn't think I would ever have a luxury car with my kind of budget. Surprisingly, I ended up getting my IS at a dealership about an hour away, which is ridiculous considering I live near 10+ dealerships, but if you want something that bad it shouldn't stop you.

I really hope you get your IS soon so you can join the fun
Tks man.. I'm hopping I getting alot of calls by the end of this month from all hear dealers and see if thy can match my price or lower.. But now it's just a waiting game I guess