IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Didn't accept my cash offer

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-11, 07:23 PM
Rikg35
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends what the invoice is on that car, they can go behind invoice but not a lot... just cause you have cash that really doesnt mean anything to them if they are way behind invoice price... ask to see the invoice its your right to see the invoice!!
Old 02-16-11, 09:13 PM
felixdang
Driver

Originally Posted by ISSteve
Hang tight, the dealer may call you back in few days as well. New car buying is a waiting game over who wants what. The more desperate party usually gets the short end of the deal.

The fact that the car you want isn't on that dealer's lot does work against you though. Have you considered going through a broker?
To be honest I don't know what a broker does, do they help you in buying a car and charge a fee
Old 02-16-11, 09:17 PM
felixdang
Driver

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
yu guys must make good money to be able to pay 47k cash for a car in this economy. I still think you should finance the car for 3-6 months and then just make 1 big payment to pay it off. Not sure what type of work yu do, but im sure the goverment may investigate if yu buy a car for 47k cash. Maybe i need to move to MI bcuz yall making serious money out there.
Lol I wish I can't afford 47k. Only 44k cash maybe 45k

MI has one of the worst unemployedment rate in the US just to let u know, hahahaha

We and my fiancé are just good saver that's all
Old 02-16-11, 09:22 PM
felixdang
Driver

Originally Posted by Rikg35
Depends what the invoice is on that car, they can go behind invoice but not a lot... just cause you have cash that really doesnt mean anything to them if they are way behind invoice price... ask to see the invoice its your right to see the invoice!!
They guy I was dealing with gave me a BS excuse that he didn't know how much the invoice price was and that he didn't know how much the dealers buy it for.. That was when I think he was trying to screw mee
Old 02-16-11, 09:30 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Good thread! I never really thought about how financing a car is what the dealer's want you to do.
Old 02-17-11, 08:37 AM
felixdang
Driver

Me either I thought cash was king, but I guess not..

This is the sole reason our American society is in debt
Old 02-17-11, 08:59 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by felixdang
Me either I thought cash was king, but I guess not..

This is the sole reason our American society is in debt
With little exception the dealer is getting paid in cash regardless of how you pay for the car.

Options

1) If you pay cash he gets cash in full (and nothing else).

2) If you finance then he STILL gets cash in full from whomever is doing the financing (and possibly a kickback if they directed you to the finance company). It's not like the dealership is personally loaning you money.

Hence there's no benefit to them in scenario 1, and a possible benefit in scenario 2.

Hence after you have the final price (no discussion of method of payment) you can tell them "I already have payment arranged (still being vague) but if you have any financing options that will lower the price paid I'd be interested in hearing about it"

Then if they do, take their crappy loan for the discount on the car, and then pay it off in full the next day.
Old 02-17-11, 09:01 AM
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ Very good advice Kurtz!!
Old 02-17-11, 09:43 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
With little exception the dealer is getting paid in cash regardless of how you pay for the car.

Options

1) If you pay cash he gets cash in full (and nothing else).

2) If you finance then he STILL gets cash in full from whomever is doing the financing (and possibly a kickback if they directed you to the finance company). It's not like the dealership is personally loaning you money.

Hence there's no benefit to them in scenario 1, and a possible benefit in scenario 2.
i totally agree with these scenarios. in socal, lexus dealerships offer financing through lexus financial. there is 7 - 10 day grace period to pay the car off in full without any interest penalties. so cash is king. dealerships are independently owned, so 40k cash deposit on day 1 is better than 40k deposit on day 15 or whatever.

the only reason i can think when financing is better, is when the dealership has there own finance center(their own underwriting), or they have a partnership with an outside lender that'll give them kick backs for every auto loan the dealership sells.
Old 02-17-11, 11:37 AM
2IS350DT
Driver

I thought 44K was the price for a new is350 RWD with all package included! I would assume the AWD would be a little more than that.
Old 02-17-11, 12:34 PM
sigteacher
Driver

Originally Posted by simple
They want to eat up on the interest...!
Exactly!
Old 02-17-11, 03:21 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

ah i can't believe you didn't follow people's advice in your other thread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ying-cash.html

hopefully the dealer will eventually call you back with a compromise.
Old 02-17-11, 06:26 PM
ISSteve
Rookie

An auto broker is basically a professional car buyer. You pay them a fee, and they get you the car you want (new or used). Usually, the car broker is skilled in handling the car sales ploys, and can often negotiate a better deal.

The broker can save you time, rather than spending days and weeks searching, and hours negotiating, you tell the broker what you want, and they come back with a deal for you.

I've never used one personally, but I have a couple friends that swear by them. One guy found the best deal he could on a new Mustang (blech!) and then called the broker. The broker was able to beat the price he had by a couple thousand dollars so it was worth it for him.
Old 02-17-11, 09:55 PM
felixdang
Driver

Originally Posted by ISSteve
An auto broker is basically a professional car buyer. You pay them a fee, and they get you the car you want (new or used). Usually, the car broker is skilled in handling the car sales ploys, and can often negotiate a better deal.

The broker can save you time, rather than spending days and weeks searching, and hours negotiating, you tell the broker what you want, and they come back with a deal for you.

I've never used one personally, but I have a couple friends that swear by them. One guy found the best deal he could on a new Mustang (blech!) and then called the broker. The broker was able to beat the price he had by a couple thousand dollars so it was worth it for him.
woww a broker sounds too good to be true, but im curious how much they charge for there services
Old 02-17-11, 09:56 PM
felixdang
Driver

if lexus give you a 7-10 grace period i might just finance the car and pay it off during that time period

Quick Reply: Didn't accept my cash offer