IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How satisfied are you with your IS250 AWD/RWD?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-11, 10:54 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I am pretty happy with my 250, comming from 95 Corolla than going to 99 Solara Camry. For me, was searching for comparable vehicle to the Solara which had similar HP with better fuel efficiency, and the 250 fitted my requirement.

The 250 is slower than the Solara but with the advantages which the IS offered made this the better vehicle. I do agree that the 250 should be a bit more powerful, but I am proud for what it has.
Old 02-12-11, 12:56 PM
SteemInjen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got mine bout 3 weeks ago and I'm very happy. Especially since I'm coming from a car with similar performance specs, doesn't feel like i've lost anything ( 'cept seat heaters booo) I do feel kinda sorry for some folks that drop 60k and up on a performance car, but can rarely let it open up. For example: this morning driving down the highway I ran past 4 separate cops waiting for speeders, all within about 8 miles, sux.
Old 02-12-11, 03:15 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SteemInjen
Just got mine bout 3 weeks ago and I'm very happy. Especially since I'm coming from a car with similar performance specs, doesn't feel like i've lost anything ( 'cept seat heaters booo) I do feel kinda sorry for some folks that drop 60k and up on a performance car, but can rarely let it open up. For example: this morning driving down the highway I ran past 4 separate cops waiting for speeders, all within about 8 miles, sux.
The cops want more $$$ I passed by them sometimes dailys hiding in the middle or behind bridges structure for the unsuspected.

In some areas over here, they use spy planes up top. It's high enough that a driver would not even see but the plane has a good view below. All they need to do is radio in a tropper on the ground to pull over the targer over while the plane just follows.

It's been useful at highspeed chases where a car or motor cycles goes at excessive speeds that the patrol cars back off (too dangerous) from the chase letting the speeder get away. Even thou the speeder has thought he or she has got away, they did not realize about the plane. Eventually the speeder has stopped somewhere and moments later find themselves surrounded by cops and end up being suprized! ie. speeder stopped at their house, workplace.. lol!!
Old 02-12-11, 04:46 PM
rich250x
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like mine but wish there were more aftermarket parts to increase hp
Old 02-12-11, 05:26 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

I like my 250. I'm just mad that the 350 owners get $500 gift cards for their recalls and we don't....
Old 02-12-11, 05:36 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok.

I love my 2007 is 250 AWD.

Keep in mind I got it for 17500.

I love the fact that it's better in the snow than my bronco (being fair I haven't gotten to try it out in DEEP snow)....

I love the heated seats, the music system...

I love the lexus Feel.

Would I be happy with 100 more HP? yes. Can I afford it NO. :-/ sadly I'm not spoiled like many of you here...

I got this car at a great discount and while it really isn't as fast as a "sports car" it holds its own again other cars as I'm getting on the highway or trying to pass others.

The AWD has been REALLY NICE in this weather, just the fact that when I press the gas I KNOW I'll go, snow/ice/rain has been so much more awesome than my camaro or bronco.

I actually got used to the camaro rear wheels slipping when I tried to move forward in rain.....same with the bronco.

I love my 250 awd. If I can afford a 350awd in the future I might just go for it!
Old 02-12-11, 05:55 PM
Not Daniel
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jmags
Would I be happy with 100 more HP? yes. Can I afford it NO. :-/ sadly I'm not spoiled like many of you here...
it!
Lol, I wouldn't go as far to say that many of the other members here are spoiled; I think everyone works hard to have the things that they want.

I don't know if it's something you'd be interested in, but forced induction could get you where you want to be...
Old 02-12-11, 06:37 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Not Daniel
Lol, I wouldn't go as far to say that many of the other members here are spoiled; I think everyone works hard to have the things that they want.

I don't know if it's something you'd be interested in, but forced induction could get you where you want to be...
I would say that depends on what area. Over here in Vancouver/Richmond BC, a lot of Asian people (I am Asian myself) drive luxury vehicles as you would see them everyday on the road.

There is a hand full that are spoiled because it was their parents who are loaded with money purchasing a nice car for them. For instance, I know someone who drives a new BMW and she is only in high school. I understand the rationale behind it but in a way, it is spoiling the kids.

Last edited by Sango; 02-12-11 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-12-11, 07:01 PM
SILVRLININ
Lexus Test Driver

I went from driving my ES300 in the winter (beater) and IS300 in the summer to my all in one AWD. It was a practical decision as maintaining 2 cars plus my wife's car became a nuisance. I'm not so much disappointed with the lack of power, more so, the issues with carbon build up as well as the potential vibration issues I might have to tolerate after dropping it this spring. Canadian winters have lightened up a bit as well, so If I could turn back time, I would get a 350.

For the record, I've earned every penny to drive a Lexus. Let's not generalize...
Old 02-13-11, 12:50 AM
chobreeezy
Rookie

I upgraded from the Honda Accord 01.. Not a bad car great daily driver.. but hands down i love my is250. Im only a couple days in and wont ever regret buying this car! If youre a speed and acceleration doesnt matter type of guy.. get a 350.. but honestly imo i think its enough hp in the 250 when you live in the city especially since its stop and go stop and go stop and go in san francisco
Old 02-13-11, 12:56 AM
Likwid XTC
Lead Lap

i love my awd is. looks good, enough speed for me, great winter car, great modding cosmetically atleast car. good mpg. sorta maintence free
Old 02-13-11, 04:15 AM
foe84
Rookie

I have an 06 awd and have started loving it again-people are still impressed with little things like seat cooler, not just heater. Last yr I had a bad wreck bc of ice. I was at a point this yr where I wanted to sell it and get a little suv for better winter driving. Eventually with the help of some here and really thinking about it, I stuck w/ the 250. I actually saw a rogue, which I considered and I would have regretted it. It did a good job this winter in nj and regained my confidence in the car.
Old 02-13-11, 07:58 AM
niteLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS25Heaven
My 250 is the sickest! When i cruise around with my hellaflush 250, i break heads all day. Its the sickest feeling when people stare at your ride, cuz your ride is the sickest.
The best feeling is when they tell you- "your ride is the SICKEST man".
hahaha...i feeel ya!
Old 02-13-11, 08:00 AM
niteLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Muggy
Love it. To be honest, sometimes i wish i had that extra hp of a 350 but every time winter comes, I don't regret one bit. The new 350 AWD is a different story ....
^^ Couldn't have said it better myself! Wish I had the 350AWD! But in 08, I didn't have that option. As for myself, I came from a 01 Ford Explorer so I LOVE MY 250!
Old 02-13-11, 08:11 AM
skinfan2k
Rookie

is there even a 350awd?

Quick Reply: How satisfied are you with your IS250 AWD/RWD?