IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Mod idea...what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-11, 01:33 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,964 Likes on 1,051 Posts
Default Mod idea...what do you think?

I have SGM paint. Here's what I'm thinking of doing.

Debadging everything except the front and back 'L' and blacking those out with Plastidip. Then, filling in the rear emblem with a JDM red carbon fiber sticker from Hasepro.

Do you think this will be a clean look for my car? Black emblems on dark gray? Red carbon fiber in the black emblem? Should I order the red carbon fiber sticker for the front emblem too? I personally think it'd be really cool (and easy too) but I always like to hear your expert opinions.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-11, 01:40 PM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

do it and take some pics, sounds cool tho fo shizzle
Old 02-08-11, 01:41 PM
SILVRLININ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a pic or link of those red emblems?
Old 02-08-11, 01:43 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Sounds interesting.
Old 02-08-11, 01:43 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

does the 2IS not have holes behind the emblems?
Old 02-08-11, 01:50 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Here's the product from the manufacturer's website:

http://translate.google.com/translat...%26prmd%3Divns

If you want it, order it from more-japan.com. Give them a call. 310-782-0040 They're in SoCal and can special order it from you. I think they charge like $21 + tax and shipping (NOT international shipping). Or you can buy their carbon fiber sheet and cut it yourself, but I'd prefer the pre-cut one for clean installation. No I don't work for them either, lol, its just that they only order from Japan a few times a year, and the more orders they get, the sooner it comes in. And I want mine, haha....

http://www.more-japan.com/
Old 02-08-11, 01:51 PM
Lexitegra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely sounds interesting....but only if that carbon sticker you're considering isn't cheapie-looking. Are you going to tie the red theme in anywhere else on your car? Maybe paint your calipers RED to match?
Old 02-08-11, 01:56 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

The only other thing red I've done is retrofit the interior with red LEDs, like a submarine. Maybe that doesn't count, it looks evil at night though. Sometimes literally scares me.
Old 02-08-11, 01:57 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

It's not cheapie though, it's real carbon fiber.
Old 02-08-11, 02:14 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

sounds different and cool. If all else fails, you'll be able to remove it if you don't like it.
Old 02-08-11, 02:15 PM
Lexitegra
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry, I responded before seeing the links you provided (and I'm a noob so I'm not familiar with Hasepro). The pictures they had showed a pretty nice product. I didn't see any pics of the red insert though. The red interior is duper cool, but unfortunately isn't visible at all times. If you get them, I'd def recommend painting your calipers red too to match...because I'm a matchy matchy person . Has the potential to look pretty cool
Old 02-08-11, 02:23 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexitegra
Sorry, I responded before seeing the links you provided (and I'm a noob so I'm not familiar with Hasepro). The pictures they had showed a pretty nice product. I didn't see any pics of the red insert though. The red interior is duper cool, but unfortunately isn't visible at all times. If you get them, I'd def recommend painting your calipers red too to match...because I'm a matchy matchy person . Has the potential to look pretty cool
I agree with you about matching. That's why I wanted to black out my emblem first with Plastidip. A chrome emblem and red carbon fiber don't go together well in my mind. Black and red seems a better match.

I talked to more-japan to check the status on my order. Apparently I'm the only one who has placed an order for any Hasepro products!! That's why my order hasn't gone anywhere. They're waiting for at least 1 or 2 more. So please if you're interested and want it, place an order. It'll be faster for us! Haha
Old 02-08-11, 03:43 PM
foam
Driver

It would look weird if you have nothing else red on your car. Are you going for like a Type-R look from the Hondas/Acuras?
Old 02-08-11, 03:43 PM
new.era.13
Lexus Test Driver

sounds like a good idea. but i was never a person that liked plastidip. i rather what the emblem properly painted.
Old 02-08-11, 04:51 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by foam
It would look weird if you have nothing else red on your car. Are you going for like a Type-R look from the Hondas/Acuras?
Yes and no.

I originally wanted red in the emblem just because of how much it would pop. Red trim looks sexy and sporty. Carbon fiber is even sexier. So what’s not to like? Then I remembered how kids would steal the red Type R emblems from Acuras and Hondas, and honestly that scared me so I considered blue carbon fiber or black for the emblem. But then I realized I really wanted red, that was the whole point of my mod. So here I am.

What other red trim do you suggest I add to my car? (Other than the obvious brake calipers)

Quick Reply: Mod idea...what do you think?