IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I'm a newbie that hates my 2010 IS250

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-11, 09:49 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Speaking about poor alignment from the factory. This is how mine was lol!

Report from the dedicated alignment shop when I decided to get a new set of tires.
Old 02-07-11, 10:52 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You and JavyLSU are amazingly unlucky. Might be time to hit up Vegas, you're probably due.
Old 02-08-11, 02:29 AM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no major problems here so far... you might have gotten a bad apple...
Old 02-08-11, 07:41 AM
642mx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got off the phone with the dealership... They tried to put me off for a week and I told them this was unacceptable and it needs looked at this week. So they bumped my appointment up to this Thursday.... this is the kind of BS I get every time I have a problem.

They are going to do an alignment and have a look at the cupped tires. I told him they were noisey and I want new ones.... we'll see how far I get. I just want it fixed, I'm tired of it pulling on braking and I'm tired of looking at cupped tires on a car with 9000 miles on it.

Sorry for the rant...I'm just frustrated!
Old 02-08-11, 08:06 AM
Sango
Pole Position

If they line your car up turned more for sports, your tires are going to wear out fast an and more like on the inside just like before.

I believe at Kurtz saids, it is more than just making the lights green!

Did you have a chance to see my report up there from the alignment shop I went to?

Last edited by Sango; 02-08-11 at 08:49 AM.
Old 02-08-11, 08:10 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 642mx

Sorry for the rant...I'm just frustrated!
I don't blame you.

The salesman at that dealership we bought our first car from treated me terribly after I handed them the money. The CD player never worked for me (used car, had some warranty) and I was told by him that it wasn't covered due to wear and tear (I had the car for four days). I wanted to talk to a service adviser but he said he would talk to him and be back. Again, he came and told me that it wasn't covered.

I had to go up the line and threw in the "You know, I was also going to buy another car for ME, (the first was a gift to my husband) a newer one but if I'm going to be treated like this when I just got THIS car then maybe I'll want to give my money to another dealer" line.

Finally the used car manager authorized it and made an appt. They took the system out, sent it out to be repaired, said it would be back in a week to 10 days. They never called. When we called to ask, they had no idea what we were talking about.

We were persistent. They finally found it in a box on the floor somewhere. It's been there for a while, the guy said. They just didn't know what was in it.

I bought my other IS at another dealership.
Old 02-08-11, 08:40 AM
642mx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sango
If they line your car up turned more for sports, your tires are going to wear out fast an an more like on the inside just like before.

I believe at Kurtz saids, it is more than just making the lights green!

Did you have a chance to see my report up there from the alignment shop I went to?
I clicked on the picture and my anti-virus blocked a trojan... not sure what's going on with that?

The inside of the tire looks okay (from what I can see), its the outside edge that's cupped. I just want it lined up so the tires last and it doesn't pull.
Old 02-08-11, 08:42 AM
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver

Is your IS lowered in your signature line pic? (looks awesome!)
Thanks and yes...on BC coils. GL on your endeavors with the dealer. Continue to speak with corporate until your problems are resolved.
Old 02-08-11, 08:48 AM
642mx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Micaiah
I don't blame you.

The salesman at that dealership we bought our first car from treated me terribly after I handed them the money. The CD player never worked for me (used car, had some warranty) and I was told by him that it wasn't covered due to wear and tear (I had the car for four days). I wanted to talk to a service adviser but he said he would talk to him and be back. Again, he came and told me that it wasn't covered.

I had to go up the line and threw in the "You know, I was also going to buy another car for ME, (the first was a gift to my husband) a newer one but if I'm going to be treated like this when I just got THIS car then maybe I'll want to give my money to another dealer" line.

Finally the used car manager authorized it and made an appt. They took the system out, sent it out to be repaired, said it would be back in a week to 10 days. They never called. When we called to ask, they had no idea what we were talking about.

We were persistent. They finally found it in a box on the floor somewhere. It's been there for a while, the guy said. They just didn't know what was in it.

I bought my other IS at another dealership.
Its amazing at how a dealer can act as soon as the bill is paid. We've had great luck buying at this dealer, but there service sucks.

I've got a Gen II Tundra and the lug nuts had some surface rust, I had to throw a fit to get them to replace the dang nuts! The dealer tried to blame me for using the wrong socket when rotating the tires.... which is impossible as I never rotated the tires (truck had 5000 miles on it)

I just hate it that I have to be an a$$hole to get anything done. Owning brand new vehicles shouldn't be this stressful!
Old 02-08-11, 08:52 AM
Sango
Pole Position

I clicked on the picture and my anti-virus blocked a trojan... not sure what's going on with that?

The inside of the tire looks okay (from what I can see), its the outside edge that's cupped. I just want it lined up so the tires last and it doesn't pull.
It's probably a bad pop up on imageshack.us which I normaly use to put pictures up. Normally I gotten a stupid window that saids, you need a new anti-virus or some ad. I just go to task manager (quite all windows), then open the link again and it is fine.

Last edited by Sango; 02-08-11 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-08-11, 08:57 AM
Sango
Pole Position

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6266/alignv.jpg try this.
Old 02-08-11, 09:02 AM
642mx
Driver School Candidate

That worked... thanks. How many miles did you have on it?
Old 02-08-11, 09:10 AM
Sango
Pole Position

That worked... thanks. How many miles did you have on it?
When I purchased the vehicle it had around 23K miles on the lower range. It was around the higher end of the 23K I changed my tires and had it aligned since I was unhappy how the car was moving on the road. Also looking at the tires, they wear looked inconsistant from one to another looking visually.
Old 02-08-11, 09:15 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear about your car and bad service. Not every IS250 is like yours... mine has been reliable since I bought it... now has about 6000K miles. *knocks on wood*

I'm not sure if your state has a "Lemon Law" where you can return the car for a full refund if the dealer fails to fix a problem after 3 tries. You may want to look into that...
Old 02-08-11, 09:18 AM
642mx
Driver School Candidate

When I purchased the vehicle it had around 23K miles on the lower range. It was around the higher end of the 23K I changed my tires and had it aligned since I was unhappy how the car was moving on the road. Also looking at the tires, they wear looked inconsistant from one to another looking visually.
Yes... mine are wearing inconsistant too. Actually the left rear looks like the worst tire.

What are your thoughts on tires? I'm guessing nobody likes the stocks? Maybe Michelins are the way to go? Your advice is much appreciated!

Quick Reply: I'm a newbie that hates my 2010 IS250