IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus keeps failing to fix my brand new IS correctly.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-11, 11:27 AM
TookayS2K
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus keeps failing to fix my brand new IS correctly.

Hey guys,

I post this thread on S2KI. If you guys want to read what has been going on in more detail go here:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...ic=833175&st=0

But here's some cliff notes along with pictures:
-Purchased brand new 2010 IS250 AWD

-Bumper alignment was off after purchasing due to broken clips
-Also noticed seats had some strange lines through them after purchase

-Went in for service to fix the problems

-Was told it would take 1-2 days and turned to 2-3 weeks. It was hard to even contact lexus to see whats the status of my car. I also had to call corporate to get them to respond when they promised.

This is AFTER my car was repaired the 1st time

-bumper is still not aligned perfectly

-The even managed to scratch my bumper and tried to cover it up with touch-up paint. They also failed to disclose this to me.

-Went in again to get the bumper re-aligned (again) and the scratch repaired.
-They replaced a the bumper cover and painted it. Color match wasn't horrible but their prep work was. However, bumper alignment is much improved.

This is the section of the "fake exhaust cap"

I emailed my service guy a the pictures a few days ago and now I'm waiting for a response. It's not like they're refusing to fix any problems but it's just that it's taken almost over 2 months to fix my car; and they still can't get it right.
Old 01-26-11, 11:46 AM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^Good luck buddy...I had a terrible experience with a dealership in S Fla that took 6 weeks to fix my brakes...I called them repeatedly and even went in once for inquiry and they kept saying a few more days...they finally took me seriously when the loaner car in my possession had expired tags and I had to go to the dealership physically one hour away for the second time and I was pissed...apparently my car sat in the service bay untouched for 6 weeks...
Old 01-26-11, 12:12 PM
Ty419
Lead Lap

After my dealership decided it was no longer interested in trying to fix my air suspension (in warranty), Lexus corporate's response was that I should try to locate a dealer that could fix it. Corporate is no help whatsoever. Lexus used to take great pride in service, but it seems to be lost these days. I'm not sure what happened along the way, but these kind of stories are becoming increasingly common.
Old 01-26-11, 12:43 PM
jzilby
Driver School Candidate

that sucks, i would try to get a new bumper
Old 01-26-11, 12:52 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

That suck i would try another dealership if you can. Im glad mine takes care of me no question asked. But with any brand of car you buy some dealership are shaddy. Just got to find the rite one to take it to.
Old 01-26-11, 02:20 PM
typhoon44
Rookie

What dealership in Ohio are you going to? It seems like they don't know what they are doing.
Old 01-26-11, 03:01 PM
TookayS2K
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IStoSC
^Good luck buddy...I had a terrible experience with a dealership in S Fla that took 6 weeks to fix my brakes...I called them repeatedly and even went in once for inquiry and they kept saying a few more days...they finally took me seriously when the loaner car in my possession had expired tags and I had to go to the dealership physically one hour away for the second time and I was pissed...apparently my car sat in the service bay untouched for 6 weeks...
Thanks. The guy did lie to me saying he ordered the clips for an 06' and that's why it took so long for the first repair attempt. However, I'm not too sure if the 06' clips are different though...

Originally Posted by jzilby
that sucks, i would try to get a new bumper
Paint is the problem here... Initially, they said they were going to sand, paint and buff the area where they scratched the bumper.

Originally Posted by Ty419
After my dealership decided it was no longer interested in trying to fix my air suspension (in warranty), Lexus corporate's response was that I should try to locate a dealer that could fix it. Corporate is no help whatsoever. Lexus used to take great pride in service, but it seems to be lost these days. I'm not sure what happened along the way, but these kind of stories are becoming increasingly common.
Well, they are trying to help me.. It's just that they're taking their mighty time and not doing a good job of it.

Originally Posted by laobo979
That suck i would try another dealership if you can. Im glad mine takes care of me no question asked. But with any brand of car you buy some dealership are shaddy. Just got to find the rite one to take it to.
Yeah, their workmanship here sucks.

Originally Posted by typhoon44
What dealership in Ohio are you going to? It seems like they don't know what they are doing.
PM'ed the dealership.

On a side note. I'm new here but I'm not sure why this thread was moved to the IS section. This is more of a general car talk.
Old 01-26-11, 03:09 PM
VPIS350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ty419
These stories are very common now. I haven't really had a problem yet but! I've noticed. They are moving more into quantity rather than quality. it just seems that way.
Old 01-26-11, 03:25 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

PM'ed the dealership.

On a side note. I'm new here but I'm not sure why this thread was moved to the IS section. This is more of a general car talk.
because this is concerning your IS so thats why the mods moved it here.

i hope you get this resolved...i hate the stealerships...i dont even want to go in for a recall and a free tank of gas...
Old 01-26-11, 03:31 PM
TookayS2K
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MashinA
because this is concerning your IS so thats why the mods moved it here.

i hope you get this resolved...i hate the stealerships...i dont even want to go in for a recall and a free tank of gas...

Funny you mentioned gas... My car was low on gas when i got there but they drove my car 25ish miles and the light was on when the gave it back... I didn't say anything cause I used a good 1/2 of the loaner's tank.

Also, is that fake exhaust cap 2010 specific? I haven't seen it on any other IS250.
Old 01-26-11, 04:24 PM
Raralith
Intermediate

Bring it to the attention of the General Manager. I had a problem with my paint before I purchased my car, and they said they would take care of it before I purchased it and drove off. Well, long story short, the first sales manager said no problem, put in the paperwork, quit, and the new sales manager said no way after I already dropped off my car. Long story short, had to go back to the dealership, spoke to the new sales managers boss, the General Manager, and he just said to take care of it, threw in a service for my trouble too. Pretty much if the GM gets involved, he'll make sure not to embarass himself.
Old 01-26-11, 04:33 PM
Ty419
Lead Lap

I didn't even notice the OP is also from Ohio. I don't think it's the same dealership from the pics that are up there, but Lexus of Toledo is the dealership that refused to fix my car and told me to take it elsewhere. Next closest for me is Ann Arbor, so that is where I have to go for service now.
Old 01-26-11, 07:06 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

crazy story man. i guess i am the only one that has ok transactions with the "stealerships" lol hoping for another good one saturday
Old 01-26-11, 07:58 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Raralith
Bring it to the attention of the General Manager. I had a problem with my paint before I purchased my car, and they said they would take care of it before I purchased it and drove off. Well, long story short, the first sales manager said no problem, put in the paperwork, quit, and the new sales manager said no way after I already dropped off my car. Long story short, had to go back to the dealership, spoke to the new sales managers boss, the General Manager, and he just said to take care of it, threw in a service for my trouble too. Pretty much if the GM gets involved, he'll make sure not to embarass himself.
You're in NorCal, aren't you? Sounds hella familiar....

Last edited by Micaiah; 01-26-11 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-27-11, 12:29 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, take it to the higher ups. if it still doesn't get resolved. file a complaint with lexus corporate.

Quick Reply: Lexus keeps failing to fix my brand new IS correctly.