IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus keeps failing to fix my brand new IS correctly.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-11, 04:34 PM
TookayS2K
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright so I got a call back from a secretary asking for payment for a clear bra I had installed. The service manager left a note for the secretary to tell me that he got my email and is going to talk to some people to see what they can do.

I'm not sure if I should be happy that he's doing something or if I should be upset that it's been almost a full week and he can't even call/email me back himself.

Also, nobody knows what's the deal with the fake exhaust cap? I haven't seen it on any other IS250...
Old 01-27-11, 09:30 PM
my1s250
Lead Lap

is250 supposed to have dual exhaust....
Old 01-27-11, 10:16 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TookayS2K

Also, nobody knows what's the deal with the fake exhaust cap? I haven't seen it on any other IS250...
Ummm. Maybe I'm just too new to this but can you tell me what a fake exhaust cap is?

From the pics you posted, I see the blackout of the rear lower bumper.

Old 01-28-11, 06:21 AM
TookayS2K
Driver School Candidate

That's what I'm talking about; the blackout of the rear bumper. I consider that a fake exhaust cap because it's just an unpainted portion of the bumper. Some other cars including my s2000, the "exhaust cap" is actually a removable part.
Old 01-28-11, 10:08 AM
will_is250
Driver School Candidate

I have the same lines on my passenger seat for some reason, ignored for for the longest time...
What did they end up saying about the seat?
Old 01-28-11, 08:55 PM
sjgIS350
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry..don't see the issue.

An IS250 is what...$35- 40K? How much perfection in fit and finish are you expecting? I don't really see an issue with your first bumper issue pic? Now if you had a $200K Bentley...
Old 01-29-11, 01:52 AM
TookayS2K
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sjgIS350
Sorry..don't see the issue.

An IS250 is what...$35- 40K? How much perfection in fit and finish are you expecting? I don't really see an issue with your first bumper issue pic? Now if you had a $200K Bentley...

I'm expecting it to be as perfect as every other new lexus rolling off the lot.
Old 01-29-11, 04:36 AM
CarbonDtls
Lead Lap

I'm confused with that black part your referring to. Is it not painted correctly? Can you take a pic of the whole rear bumper to get a better idea of what your talking about. Also every new car is gonna have some minor imperfection. If I go around my IS I bet I will find that the door seams are not 100% perfect. But I know its a new car and you do want perfection.
Old 04-06-11, 02:11 AM
TookayS2K
Driver School Candidate

The black part is on the rear bumper on the bottom, near the exhaust. My is250 is the only is250 I've seen with it. Must be a 2010 thing?

Here's a current update of the situation:

Finally got the car back on Monday after another full week at Lexus (again, was told it was only going to take 3-4 days but ehhh...).

I decided to give them another chance at the bumper before I look into the lemon law. Here's some pictures on the day I took it in. As you can see the paint already started to chip. The paint wouldn't have lasted long at all.

As for current paint job of the bumper, I still have to wait for a clear day to take a closer look. At a quick glance when picking up the car, it looks pretty good. Paint match is definitely better than last. The leather cover on the seats with lines has been replaced. However, it has wrinkles near the bolsters and feels a bit loose.

More pics and updates to come. Thanks for reading.
Old 04-06-11, 02:17 AM
TookayS2K
Driver School Candidate

btw here's a pic of my rear. The "fake exhaust cap" I'm talking about is the rear bottom section of the bumper in the middle of the two exhaust tips.
Old 04-06-11, 09:28 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ Definitely... if you didn't do anything wrong, there's no way in hell that you should put up with crap. If necessary, weasle your way into the President of Toyota.

I have a friend who gotten a chance to complain to Steve Jobs because his iPhone failed on him and Apple refused to warranty his phone. He made tons of attempt, but he finally got someone who was able to transfer his call to the man (Steve Jobs). This guy also gotten a change to report his warranty issue to the President and CEO of KB Homes when they denied his warranty. He got what he wanted and more...

His advice, take it to the highest chain of command. The floor managers are just lackies or stand around and look good. They can't really help you. Ask for VP of Corporate Lexus if you have to... Google search for their contact and fire of calls...
Old 04-06-11, 10:08 AM
mvlbr
Lead Lap

If there were issues with the car before buying it you should have just moved on and looked for one without any problems so that you wouldn't be at the mercy of the dealer. I know that when I bought my mazda3 last summer I had test driven one that had weird sounds coming from the engine bay so I just told them "love the car but get me another one because I'm not buying a car with issues from the get go". Of course they pulled the"but it's under warranty so it'll be fixed". After they said that I told them "get me another car or I'll just take my business elsewhere". Sure enough they did and all was good
Old 04-06-11, 10:41 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 ...always test drive the car you want want and conversely always take home the car that you test drive because it is that car that you liked.
Old 04-06-11, 06:34 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the black part is on all 2009+2010. don't know if it's on the 2011. it's suppose to be there.
Old 04-06-11, 10:24 PM
TookayS2K
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shadowman
^^^ Definitely... if you didn't do anything wrong, there's no way in hell that you should put up with crap. If necessary, weasle your way into the President of Toyota.

I have a friend who gotten a chance to complain to Steve Jobs because his iPhone failed on him and Apple refused to warranty his phone. He made tons of attempt, but he finally got someone who was able to transfer his call to the man (Steve Jobs). This guy also gotten a change to report his warranty issue to the President and CEO of KB Homes when they denied his warranty. He got what he wanted and more...

His advice, take it to the highest chain of command. The floor managers are just lackies or stand around and look good. They can't really help you. Ask for VP of Corporate Lexus if you have to... Google search for their contact and fire of calls...
You're right. I contact corporate's "customer service" and all they did was just called the dealer and told them to call me.

Originally Posted by mvlbr
If there were issues with the car before buying it you should have just moved on and looked for one without any problems so that you wouldn't be at the mercy of the dealer. I know that when I bought my mazda3 last summer I had test driven one that had weird sounds coming from the engine bay so I just told them "love the car but get me another one because I'm not buying a car with issues from the get go". Of course they pulled the"but it's under warranty so it'll be fixed". After they said that I told them "get me another car or I'll just take my business elsewhere". Sure enough they did and all was good
There were no issues. The bumper clip must of broke sometime between getting it detailed and ready for me.

Originally Posted by chikoo
+1 ...always test drive the car you want want and conversely always take home the car that you test drive because it is that car that you liked.
Again, this is a brand new IS. I test drove it. However, there's no way for me to know that the bumper clip was going to break some how... and there's no way I would know they would scratch my bumper when replacing the bumper clip... and there's no way I would know they would do a ****ty job of painting my bumper.

Not sure what you guys are referring to...

Originally Posted by Jetfire
the black part is on all 2009+2010. don't know if it's on the 2011. it's suppose to be there.
Thanks for clarifying that.

Quick Reply: Lexus keeps failing to fix my brand new IS correctly.