IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

AirBag light ON *with resolution**TSB*

Old 12-27-13, 06:16 AM
teekaytk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem. Got in there and the connector was a bit loose. Just pushed it in a bit. I think I may have caused it when I was trying to check the wiring for the foot-well LED lights
Old 01-10-14, 10:25 AM
PinoyBruin
Driver

Thank goodness for this thread as I've had the same problem for weeks now and I didn't want to shell out all that money for just a wire harness. Thanks to the posted pics I was able to get under the dash, connect and disconnect the yellow wire. And upon plugging the battery back in and starting the car that light finally turned off! Thanks again CL!
Old 01-22-14, 06:34 AM
ucbeb30
Driver School Candidate

Default Ugh....

I've had this issue for awhile now (2 years?). Never really took the initiative to get checked out. I had to take my car in to get some recall work done. I had them do a $107 diagnostic just to get the official prognosis. As it turns out it seems to be what everyone else has had problems with. $2900 quote from my Lexus dealer. I pretty much said "yeah I'm not going to be paying that." I may try to take a look at doing it myself. I also have a buddy that is a mechanic and another friend who designs wire harness at Tesla. I may have one of those two look into doing it. I am completely shocked that they haven't had a recall with how popular this seems to be.

This looks like it could be useful:

Last edited by ucbeb30; 01-22-14 at 01:51 PM. Reason: adding video
Old 01-30-14, 06:04 AM
3sm1l
Rookie

I got the light, i'd like to try this but i don't know which panels to remove and how to remove them. Can somebody guide me how to do it?
Old 01-31-14, 03:12 PM
IS350HKS
Lead Lap

Good!! i am going to give this a try.
Old 02-01-14, 04:58 AM
3sm1l
Rookie

I've made it. Found the way to remove the panels, removed the battery but i couldn't disconnect the harness completely so i just made sure it was firmly connected. The light disappeared right off and i tested it 10 times and so far no more light for me!
Old 02-03-14, 06:04 AM
ucbeb30
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 3sm1l
I've made it. Found the way to remove the panels, removed the battery but i couldn't disconnect the harness completely so i just made sure it was firmly connected. The light disappeared right off and i tested it 10 times and so far no more light for me!
So was the panel easy to remove? How long did it take you to do the entire process?
Old 02-03-14, 08:41 AM
jeliash
Driver School Candidate

When I took our 2007 IS350 for service, I was told there was a short on the wiring harness and needed to replace it in order to fix it. (Originally quoted for $3,500). I found this thread, removed the panels and noticed the plug was not connected. All I did was plug it back in and the light is now OFF!

Two weeks passed and the light is back ON. So I took it for service again and told the rep that it was not the harness just the end plug. So asked if they could take a look at it. They confirmed the issue was the plug and that it came off again while driving. I must had bump into something while driving and since the plug was loose it had disconnected. They would not fix it on the dealer because of liability issues, unless you change the harness.

So I removed the panels again, plugged it back in securely and the light is now OFF.

It is a 5 minute procedure. Shame on Lexus, this should be a recall.
Old 03-17-14, 10:37 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

I read the TSIB to repair the airbag light.

What exactly is a "Instrument Panel Safety Pad" and "Rear Console Box?"

Does the mechanic need to completely remove the dash, speedometer, glovebox to repair this?
Old 05-13-14, 07:11 AM
medeiros76
Driver School Candidate

I had the same problem noticed it today on my way to work got in there and pressed on connector and the light went away. hopefully it will stay that way!
Old 07-07-14, 07:06 PM
medeiros76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by medeiros76
I had the same problem noticed it today on my way to work got in there and pressed on connector and the light went away. hopefully it will stay that way!
It's been close to two months and it hasn't come back! Great news!
Old 07-07-14, 07:50 PM
iNfectious
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10 months for me
Old 07-22-14, 10:07 PM
simonsayss
Driver School Candidate

Thank God for this thread!!!!!
My airbag light came on sometime this week and it stayed on. Tried restarting and reconnecting the battery a couple times and pretty much gave up until I came across this thread.
So like mentioned above, what I did was simply removed the panels with a flathead (I've never done this before, but it took me like 40 secs) to reveal the end plug of the airbag harness. The plug on my car wasn't loose or disconnected, but I still applied some pressured on it just so to make sure it's firmly connected. Than magically the light's gone when I restarted my car!!!!
Super thankful!!
Old 08-24-14, 07:50 AM
juncho
Rookie

This worked flawlessly! I just followed the instructions posted in this thread and restarted the car.... No light!

Thanks for this thread and for clublexus!!!!

Old 09-21-14, 04:26 PM
jst17
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LIGHT CAME BACK AFTER ABOUT 1000 MILES/3 months for my is350( I dont drive a lot) upon a start up right after a long drive.

I think the issue is the connection is LOSE for some of our cars after driving over those pot holes, I pressed the terminal(as shown with the picture) with firm pressure, and the light is gone again. It never came on during the car is in motion though. Probably because it will only asses the airbag connection upon start ups.

my car currently has 60k miles. Hope this helps guys, its just a connection issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AirBag light ON *with resolution**TSB*