IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Warning Lights on: Check VSC, ABS, Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-10, 08:34 PM
Tajai7
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Warning Lights on: Check VSC, ABS, Brakes

For a couple weeks, my Check VSC, the Alert/Warning light (Red Triangle with Exclamation Point), ABS, and Brakes warning lights all would come on when starting my car up intermittently. If I turned my car immediately off and restarted, no lights would come on. Now these lights come on every time at start up.

I had the trouble codes scanned for my 06 IS250 AWD and it spit back two code: C1249 and C1223. C1249 is an open circuit in the stop light switch and C1223 is a ABS control fault error. Any ideas what could be triggering this? I was thinking possibly a loose ABS sensor wire or possibly a bad sensor??? Anyone else encounter these codes and find a fix? Thanks!
Old 11-27-10, 12:37 AM
Tajai7
Driver

I came across these posts in the RX forums (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ts-are-on.html and https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...e-driving.html) ....seems to be the same trouble codes -- possible fix is a simple Stop Light Switch...

"dealer noted on receipt that found fault code c1223 and c1249, replaced brake light switch, and that cost $231.96 was charged to the wtty. The service advisor said that its the brake switch behind the pedal, and it has two circuits. One circuit is responsible for brake lights, and another circuit is responsible for ABS (?). So, the ABS circuit went out."

Hopefully that's the case and it's a $50 Stop Light Switch. I'll give this a shot before replaceing the ABS actuator. Keep you posted. Let me know if you have any other ideas on a possible fix. Thanks!
Old 11-30-10, 05:55 PM
Tajai7
Driver

Default FIXED: Check VSC, ABS, Brakes Lights

FIXED! Had my buddy install a new stop light switch and reset the computer and no lights have come back on. I've started multiple times and have drove about 50 miles now and the lights have no returned! So if you get a c1249 and c1223 error, this is probably the solution. The only rip off is that I had to get the part from Lexus because I didn't want to wait to have it shipped from partsgeek.com (http://tinyurl.com/34len8a) and the $40 part became $83 through Lexus. I'm sure they probably would have charged $50 to diagnosis the issue and another $150 for labor...I'm pretty sure I came out way ahead in this situation. Hope this helps some you out there!
The following users liked this post:
boss22 (11-24-17)
Old 07-02-14, 04:07 PM
eruzzo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tajai7
FIXED! Had my buddy install a new stop light switch and reset the computer and no lights have come back on. I've started multiple times and have drove about 50 miles now and the lights have no returned! So if you get a c1249 and c1223 error, this is probably the solution. The only rip off is that I had to get the part from Lexus because I didn't want to wait to have it shipped from partsgeek.com (http://tinyurl.com/34len8a) and the $40 part became $83 through Lexus. I'm sure they probably would have charged $50 to diagnosis the issue and another $150 for labor...I'm pretty sure I came out way ahead in this situation. Hope this helps some you out there!
I have the same problem on mine. Do you have the part # for that stop light switch please?
Old 07-03-14, 01:49 PM
1999bluer6
Driver School Candidate

I had the same problem and the dealer replaced my brake pedal assembly and the stop switch. part numbers are:
brake assembly: 47110-53250
stop switch: 48340-47020
hope this helps.
Old 11-24-17, 07:44 PM
boss22
Driver

I know its been ages since last post in this thread.
I have been driving with my ABS, VSC, Brake lights on for about 2 years. It is time to fix it finally.
While I was working on my front brake pads a few weeks ago and also I though it maybe a good chance to check a resistance on my all Abs speed sensors, They all showing a sign of resistance and all show exact the same readings so I figured they should be all good.
Next, I have replaced a brake light sensor switch (brand new OEM part from lexuspartsnow.com) but still none of the lights were gone after a replacement, also I disconnected a battery negative terminal for about half an hour during the switch replacing, but I have never reset the ABS and VSC after that.

What I've noticed by the time I was replacing the brake light switch is that the brake pedal assembly has another sensor inside of it...? Is this maybe a brake pedal position sensor and is it related to ABS and VSC Brake lights on the dashboard?
I will truly appreciate your contribution to my post.
Old 08-13-18, 10:34 AM
iMSQ
Instructor

Received 217 Likes on 185 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by boss22
I have been driving with my ABS, VSC, Brake lights on for about 2 years. It is time to fix it finally.
How did you drive? Was your ABS turned off? Brake recuperation doesn't work with broken ABS block...
Old 01-01-20, 08:29 AM
matttrue
Driver School Candidate

I get this error code intermittently thanks for the part numbers are the info!
Old 01-28-21, 09:50 PM
jrich312
Driver School Candidate

Default Brakes acting weird?

Originally Posted by boss22
While I was working on my front brake pads a few weeks ago and also I though it maybe a good chance to check a resistance on my all Abs speed sensors, They all showing a sign of resistance and all show exact the same readings so I figured they should be all good.
Next, I have replaced a brake light sensor switch (brand new OEM part from lexuspartsnow.com) but still none of the lights were gone after a replacement, also I disconnected a battery negative terminal for about half an hour during the switch replacing, but I have never reset the ABS and VSC after that.

What I've noticed by the time I was replacing the brake light switch is that the brake pedal assembly has another sensor inside of it...? Is this maybe a brake pedal position sensor and is it related to ABS and VSC Brake lights on the dashboard?
I will truly appreciate your contribution to my post.
Same lights are appearing on my cluster. When I start the car and push on my brakes they make a weird sound and feel like they’re pumping when being applied. After about 2 mins that stops and all is well. The sensors go off too.. any ideas?