IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Potential IS 350 Buyer - Non Lexus Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-10, 01:46 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Micaiah
I didn't know ML was rare. Almost every one I looked at had ML. Mine does not. But it does have pre-coliision!! (I'd rather have that than the ML) .
Yep, ML is rare for the IS 250/350 except the IS-F.

Pre-Collision or Parking Sensors is also a special built request for an IS. I also have seen on several occasions, a few IS's on the road with parking sensors when I drive around.

If one wants to put another feature for special built, put the dynamic radar cruise control in there too which is normally one of the options which is on the LS!

Last edited by Sango; 11-12-10 at 02:02 AM.
Old 11-12-10, 07:22 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sango

Pre-Collision or Parking Sensors is also a special built request for an IS. I also have seen on several occasions, a few IS's on the road with parking sensors when I drive around.

If one wants to put another feature for special built, put the dynamic radar cruise control in there too which is normally one of the options which is on the LS!
Pre-colliision and dynamic cruise are the same option FYI.

(Kinda like HIDs and AFS, you can't get one without the other)

None of the above applies to 2011 models of course since they dropped the entire PCS system as well as AFS for 2011.
Old 11-12-10, 08:33 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, whichever it's called, I have those. I just call them anti crash thingys.
Old 11-12-10, 10:15 AM
ferdinan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ferdinan, Mine is a 2009 with 18k miles when I bought it four months ago. Found out mine were freeway miles mostly. What color is it? Can you post more pics? Are we going to be twins?

Micaiah, I am afraid we won't be twins. The car is Tungsten Pearl/Black Leather.

I had to cancel my test drive today because of <insert rant here> work. Got a call last night to report today.

The good news is I found three other IS 350s last night. I guess one of them is your exact same color but don't know about options. They all are in pristine condition as well and they all appear to have the ML system.
Old 11-12-10, 11:08 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Pre-colliision and dynamic cruise are the same option FYI.

(Kinda like HIDs and AFS, you can't get one without the other)

None of the above applies to 2011 models of course since they dropped the entire PCS system as well as AFS for 2011.
Thanks Kurtz, I did not realize they were the same.

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Well, whichever it's called, I have those. I just call them anti crash thingys.
Just curious, how practical is it and do they really work? I've never driven a vehicle with one before.

Originally Posted by ferdinan
...The good news is I found three other IS 350s last night. I guess one of them is your exact same color but don't know about options. They all are in pristine condition as well and they all appear to have the ML system.
Keep your eyes pealed to make sure it does have ML. Also the vehicles with ML, the speakers are different than the one without ML therefore the panels of the interior are different so they fit the speakers for ML.

Last edited by Sango; 11-12-10 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-12-10, 12:39 PM
BradInPhx
Rookie

If you are in doubt about the ML and cant lookup VIN, check to see if it has this in the trunk. If it does, its got ML
Old 11-12-10, 01:49 PM
ssis300
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BradInPhx

If you are in doubt about the ML and cant lookup VIN, check to see if it has this in the trunk. If it does, its got ML
That, and if it'll play DVDs!

Not that you're in the habit of carrying DVDs around, but hell, you kill 2 birds by testing out the disc changer!
Old 11-12-10, 11:50 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just curious, how practical is it and do they really work? I've never driven a vehicle with one before.
When I first got this car, I was honestly resentful because I gave up my beloved Dodge Ram Hemi for it. I didn't want it, I didn't need it, I was not into imports. I kept it outside and did not drive it for the longest time.

Well, I finally decided to and long story short, I almost got into an accident, going pretty fast. And because I made sudden changes (slammed on brakes, turned hard) the thing went into action. Lights started to flash, and the car started to beep. Things happened so fast, I couldn't see what on the dash lit up.

You know how when you put your brakes on hard and your body moves forward....your seat belts lock up? Well this is different. It ZIPS up into the retractable thingy. The seat belts go back into the thingy, hesitates and goes back even more. Not tight, but snug. It's like arms suddenly hold you tight. Then after the car is settled, it unzips loose, waits and unzips again to normal tension. I wasn't scared until after I realized what the car had done. Then I saw that I could have really been hurt.

From then on I was a believer in this. It's really too bad that they discontinued this feature because there was no interest in it and was rather on the pricey side. But to me, there is no price on saving my life or the life of my loved ones.

So much that right now, there is an ISF that I saw at the dealership that I know is possible for me. But because it didn't have dynamic cruise, or pre collision, that was a deal breaker. I'm keeping Micaiah.

The sad thing is, it's really too bad that they discontinued this feature because there was no interest in it and was rather on the pricey side. But to me, there is no price on saving my life or the life of my loved ones.

Last edited by Micaiah; 11-12-10 at 11:57 PM.
Old 11-23-10, 09:21 AM
ferdinan
Rookie

Guys, I just wanted to say thanks to all the members who gave me some input and feedback regarding the IS350. I guess things happen for a reason, I canceled my test drive on a pre-owned Lexus a couple of weeks ago, but I am going home tonight with a new '10 IS350. It's got the options I wanted, the Luxury Package and the ML sound system.

Micaiah, I don't think our cars will be twins, my car is a Starfire Pearl with Black interior.

The dealer experience was great; from the sales person to the finance manager. The offer I got was great, yes, it is a few thousand dollars more but it doesn't have 20k miles

I am picking the car tonight. I left it at the dealer last night so they can detail it this morning; not that it will matter since it's been raining for the last couple of days. Pics are next but I want to get the windows tinted first. Planning on a photo-shoot with the IS and my C63.
Old 11-23-10, 09:32 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

congrats on the new car! Can't wait to see the pics
Old 11-23-10, 09:56 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You lucky dog you! Brand new and Star Fire Pearl is clean!! With black. Classy. Welcome, and let the modding begin!!!