IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dealer work = :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-10, 10:04 AM
>.<
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ** UPDATED** Dealer work = :(

Hey all. First off, yes I know that my paint is horrid and no I don't have a clear bra cause I was just gonna repaint the whole car on a later date due to living in Colorado and second, sorry for the iphone pics. Black is had to photograph.

So... I recently brought in my 2007 Obsidian IS350 to get the valve spring recall done and when I got my car back I noticed that they bent my license plate (rho) and scratched up my front fender. My license plate was bent as if someone was pulling on it to see how it was connected and it became loose. It was basically dangling from the bumper and at the time, I didn't have the tools to tighten it. SOOOOOOO embarrassing when I had to drive an hour to get home!! Now... the FENDER... It was scratched up on BOTH SIDES in EXACTLY the same place!! It looks like someone rubbed up against my car!! So just a heads up... REALLY INSPECT YOUR CAR before you leave and pay close attention to the front fenders!!
Attached Thumbnails Dealer work = :(-img_0419.jpg   Dealer work = :(-img_0421.jpg   Dealer work = :(-img_0424.jpg   Dealer work = :(-img_0423.jpg  

Last edited by >.<; 11-09-10 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-09-10, 10:16 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

sorry to hear that, you take it back to the dealer and complaint them, they will repaint it for you, good luck.
Old 11-09-10, 10:46 AM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The scratches on the fenders are most likely due to the technician leaning into the engine bay to do the work. From what I know, technicians use this special blanket. They place it on the fenders to protect the paint from being scratched.

Definetly bring it to the dealerships attention.
Old 11-09-10, 10:50 AM
relaxfoo
Lead Lap

I think once you leave the lot, it's your word against theirs.
Old 11-09-10, 11:01 AM
>.<
Driver School Candidate

yea I spoke to the SC that was in charge of my car and she said they still use those blankets. She said it was strange that they would scratch up my car but idk if they even was paying attention cause my car came back pretty bad looking. I did my winter detail with chem bros products and it looked nice when I brought it in but when I got it back it was horrid looking. I would buff it out myself but I didn't do the damage and the weather is getting bad out here with a high of 48F... In the pic I'm assuming thats quick detail wax? and thats how I got my car back...
Attached Thumbnails Dealer work = :(-img_0425.jpg  
Old 11-09-10, 11:36 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Yea its basically your word against there's but its worth a shot I would say... see what they can do for you.
Old 11-09-10, 12:23 PM
meangene
Lead Lap

I would at least try. Worst they can say is no.
Old 11-09-10, 02:22 PM
>.<
Driver School Candidate

The SC just responded to my email with pics and they're going to pick up my car (I live an hour away), give me a loaner and do a full exterior detail at no cost. I must say that this kind of service is what I expect from Lexus.
Old 11-09-10, 02:23 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

^^ at least get detailed by them for free...
Old 11-09-10, 02:46 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

^^^^ for real normally they find every excuse in the book to NOT do anything.
Old 11-09-10, 05:02 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

thing is, KNOWING their gonna use those blankets... i put on xtra coat of wax on them (my fenders) and wipe the fenders down before i leave for the stealership... SO... when they put on the blankets atleast its a kinda clean surface.
Old 11-09-10, 10:09 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by relaxfoo
I think once you leave the lot, it's your word against theirs.
Isn't it your word against theirs even before you leave the lot? Unless you have timestamped pictures how can you prove a dealer caused damage to something? I'm asking because I need to pick my car up from the dealership in the next couple of days and I'm worried after hearing all these horror stories lately.
Old 11-09-10, 10:22 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

The process I use and have told people for years to use is to make the SA walk around your car when you are dropping it off for work. If your car has any damage or scratches, he can document them at that time. When you pick up the car and there is new damage, then you have a case. This has saved me three times now and I can't imagine dropping my car off w/o doing it.
Old 11-10-10, 03:08 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They had me walk around their loaner to make sure there was no damage and when I verified it was clean, I stopped THEM and said: "Okay now let's walk around MY car". They had no issues with that.

Brociouz, when you pick it up, just walk around it in front of the person who brings it around to you before you take the keys. The person bringing the car to you won't know if you went over it before you dropped it off. As a matter of fact, my advisor took me to the back and showed me where my car was parked "so you know that your car was NOT outside (no rain, no wash) and not near any others"
Old 11-10-10, 04:37 PM
penone
Driver

Wow...+1 for that dealer! Wish all dealers where like that!

Quick Reply: Dealer work = :(