2009 Lexus IS 250 Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-10, 08:17 PM
Tajai7
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bypass

Originally Posted by 09lexus250
hey i was the one who contacted you awhile ago im here in minneapolis also. iv been in talks with a few shops and compustar and they told me what bypasses work best so you wont have any issues.. what bypass are you using? they told me the Fortin bypass works best.
Right on... Not sure what bypass is is, I can ask my installer and let you know. Thanks for the info though. It seems to work fine otherwise. Now we know that these errors are not related to the remote start since all the warning lights pop on now right when when the car is started w/o the remote start even hooked up. We've tried clearing the codes with a scanner and unplugging the battery to no avail so it's looking like a sensor or maybe a bad ECU that needs to be reflashed.
Old 11-30-10, 06:03 PM
Tajai7
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fixed -- Was not an issue with the Viper SmartStart

Originally Posted by Tajai7
I had the trouble codes scanned for my Check VSC, ABS, Brake lights and it spit back two code: C1249 and C1223. C1249 is an open circuit in the stop light switch and that is triggering the C1223 error which is a ABS control fault. I'm sure it has something to do with how the wiring for the remote start was soldered into the brake pedal wiring to start it...
FYI - FIXED. It needed a new Stop Light Switch (located behind/under the brake pedal -- has one circuit for the ABS and one for the brake lights -- the ABS one had gone out on me). It had nothing to do with the remote start at all. Swapped a new switch in (http://tinyurl.com/34len8a -- note that Lexus wants about $85 just for the part) and reset the computer and all lights are off and everything is fine. Glad it had nothing to do with remote start. Sorry to hijack this thread into that issue.
Old 12-03-10, 05:32 AM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How can I JUST get remote start on my 07 is350 through the factory fob without losing any of my factory functions?
Old 12-03-10, 06:29 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ScKcBc
How can I JUST get remote start on my 07 is350 through the factory fob without losing any of my factory functions?
You can't. Lexus does not offer remote start in the US on the 2IS. All solutions will be aftermarket.
Old 12-03-10, 06:48 AM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kurtz
You can't. Lexus does not offer remote start in the US on the 2IS. All solutions will be aftermarket.
No I know that, but on my girls FX35, we had an aftermarket system put it in, but it was integrated into the oem remote. If you press Lock 3 times, it remote starts. OR you can use the remotes it came with.
Old 12-03-10, 09:38 AM
funglenn
Lead Lap

Anyone know of an installer for IS alarms in colorado springs?
Old 12-03-10, 02:33 PM
nissan454
Rookie

remote starts is the best thing for winter u could ever have
Old 12-12-10, 02:10 AM
355F1
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by TechBari
The bypass module that I'm looking at is the XpressKit PKALL

http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=196

It's said to work very well on the Lexus,
Yand at the end of the day it may in fact not be worth the effort or as I consider it, the risk.

....with SmartStart allowing you to start your car from virtually anywhere using your iPhone, Blackberry or Android, not to mention notifications to your phone of break-ins, towings, etc.
The installers did include that PKALL Xpress unit with the sale....check my remote start thread to see if this works!!!
Old 12-13-10, 06:53 PM
09lexus250
Rookie

Originally Posted by 355F1
The installers did include that PKALL Xpress unit with the sale....check my remote start thread to see if this works!!!
from the installers and shops iv talked to and compustar also they all said do not use pkall from expresskit, they said do the fortin kit
Old 11-06-11, 08:51 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Default it is worth it!

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
^ it can be done but you need a bypass module...imo too much ish to mess with...not worth it.
i did my 08 is250 with a python 5902p, it can be done and is 110% worth doing. did it myself
Old 11-06-11, 08:58 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Default what?

Originally Posted by lancelot00
I just spent a little over a grand getting the viper smart start and security system put in my 06 IS250AWD. Couple problems, when the security system is engaged the automatic door unlock when touching the handle doesn't work. so you have to disable and then it will. I have to unlock the door through my iphone, which is a pain. When locking the door it doesn't set the viper alarm unless hit lock through the iphone. Lastly and the most annoying is when I use my iphone/smartstart i get in the car after unlocking through iphone put my foot on the break and the car dies. The tech said he called dei and that's just how it is. I don't believe it, does anyone else have these problems?
dont believe that installer or dei!!! i did mine and it works flawlessly!!!!!!
u obviously have either a installer who does not use the correct bypass module!
i recomend an idatalink ads-al-ca bypass, once installed correctly it will work fine. when i walk up to my car i press unlock on the new remote controll , then enter the car and press the brake and away i go . i never had an issue with the takeover or any other problem for the mattter. but of course i am a professional installer too. need help ? pm me

Last edited by linus73; 11-06-11 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-06-11, 10:05 AM
funglenn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by linus73
dont believe that installer or dei!!! i did mine and it works flawlessly!!!!!!
u obviously have either a installer who does not use the correct bypass module!
i recomend an iudatalink ads-al-ca bypass, once installed correctly it will work fine. when i walk up to my car i press unlock on the new remote controll , then enter the car and press the brake and away i go . i never had an issue with the takeover or any other problem for the mattter. but of course i am a professional installer too. need help ? pm me
I second that, I have a DEI VIPER 5901 installed, and if they use the right DEI Expresskit bypass module it will NOT die when you enter the car, the viper lets me just drive away. It NEVER dies, unless I go around to the passsenger side first, the car senses the key, then it senses me walk away--the car beeps telling me it lost contact with the key (to walk over to the driver's side) then it dies. However, that is when I have my kids and help them in the car--actually not a bad security feature since the car no longer detects the key for the brief time I walk around)

However just walk up, unlock the driver door and hit the brake and go should be how it works. Also if they JUST did the VIPER Smartphone module (DSM200), the price was VERY VERY high--did you get a full alarm with seperate FOBs (ie. 5901. 5902) with a DSM 200? PM me if you want to talk about it more.

good luck
Old 11-06-11, 11:51 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kurtz
yes you can if you are willing to loose the trunik release feature on the factory remote! or buy a channel expander! ah ha!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry to be soo cocky but ive been doing remote starts since 1993 AND CONSIDER MYSELF THE BEST IN MY AREA!
Old 11-06-11, 11:56 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 09lexus250
from the installers and shops iv talked to and compustar also they all said do not use pkall from expresskit, they said do the fortin kit
everyone should use the ads-al-ca module!!!!!! It works flawlessly for any car! Iv'e tried them all and let mee tell you, nothing compares to the idatalink ads-al-ca. Not even express kit or fortin.
Old 11-07-11, 04:49 AM
funglenn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by linus73
yes you can if you are willing to loose the trunik release feature on the factory remote! or buy a channel expander! ah ha!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry to be soo cocky but ive been doing remote starts since 1993 AND CONSIDER MYSELF THE BEST IN MY AREA!
possible to do, but then you are stuck to the factory range, which is not that great compared to aftermarket, my viper has almost a 1 mile range and two way communication.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lexus IS 250 Remote Start